main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serenity

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by DarthOpus, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthOpus

DarthOpus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    For those of us who are MAJOR addicts to the TV series FireFly, the trailer for the movie, Serenity can now be got from:

www.jurassicpunk.com

As the footage is packed with special effects, I fully suggest to get the full size version.

Might want to also support your lower jaw with something, a hand, a pillow, etc., or possible dental damage might be done from dropping it.

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
  3. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    ..........:eek: WOOOOOOOOOW :D I loved the tv series, can't wait for this one. And I thought the rots trailer got me all excited:p

4. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Yeah, when I saw that one my first thought was: This could actually be better than RotS.

Too bad they've decided to add sound effects into the space scenes. The silence was part of the appeal of the TV series.

5. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I would have thought that Joss and his fans would have had enough bargaining power to put their foot down to the Studio/whoever and say "no space sounds".

I've scored the Box set to watch, although I need to find a player with multi-region, or have a bit of a look online for a multi-regionator. Yes, I made that word up. :)

6. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Did you not realise that the Boxed set is availible as a region 4 for quite some time now?

7. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Yes, but the person I got the box set from only had the Region 1 version.

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    In that case you should have borrowed it from one who has the R4 version :p

9. DarthOpus

DarthOpus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Or get a gameshark for your PS2. Allows changing the region code of the PS2 for DVDs.

Space sounds are fun, they add to the drama. (you realize, that it is just this really annoying guy behind the camera man)

10. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    What's a PS2?
    :p

DVD43 is a cute little program.
    Oh yes you are! Yes you are!

11. ipadme

ipadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2000
    You guys! I just went to a convention this weekend and met most of the cast! They are just the most amazing, funny, down to earth bunch of people I think I have met (and I have met quite a few now). I love this living in the UK!

12. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Quiet you :p

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I think I sat next to you in AOTC, ipadme...

:confused:

14. ipadme

ipadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2000
    It's possible, I won't rule anything out. But having been out of the country for almost 3 years tends to put a whole new spin on things.....

15. MajorClod

MajorClod Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Oohh you met the cast, thats so cool!

I love Firefly dearly, its going to be so hard to wait until November 10 when Serenity hits Australian shores. Especially when people in the US are already getting quite a few preview screenings. From what I'm hearing from fans who have seen the screenings, it will definately be worth the wait!

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Official Site HERE.

The release date for the USA is advertised as Spetember 30, but has been constantly brought forward due to the overwhelming praise from test audiences. (Source: FireFlyFans.net)
    I heard from somewhere (Luigi?) that we'll be getting it before the US by a few days, too. Most likely the Thursday (29th), meaning that it'd be Saturday morning here when it opens there on the Friday. =D=

My thought is:
    Anyone tempted to dress up for this one?
    Since the clothing has many inspirations (Western: Mal, Zoe. Modern: Jane, Wash. Plus the clothing of Kaylee, Book, Inara and Simon are hard to categorise), it wouldn't be hard to knock up a costume without spending much.
    This said, where would the costumed people go to see it? Would the cinema think nuts of these patrons?

Hmm... [face_plain]

The trailer at apple. <-- Full Screen size!!! =P~

17. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Keeping in mind that I don't have cable, so have never seen FireFly, how is the series related to the movie??? I've read about the series in various SF and tech mags, but not seeing the obvious relation...

Movie looks great :D

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    The Ship in the series FireFly is called "Serenity". The ship's class is a "FireFly".

That's the basic version of it. Maybe we should have a 'FireFly' night... Although it'd be a marathon! 13 hours or so over the Pilot and 15 episodes... I'd be up for it!

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    So would I :D

20. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    I would be up for it too. I'm a little miffed that the series never made free-to-air TV.

21. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Apparently it did, if you're a fan of Channel 7's post-midnight schedule. And don't mind seeing only half of the episodes, and those in random order.

22. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    When??? I first remember hearing about it in December last year in Internet.AU and scanned the TV guide religiously for 3 months before giving up.

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Channel Seven's lack of advertising not withstanding it's hardly a surprise you didn't know it was on. I too heard that it was showing but never did discover when.

24. ImperialCourtessan

ImperialCourtessan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    :D :D :D ..well for those of us who had the honour of attending the May 25th screening in Dallas last month....

All I can say about the movie is: [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized] [face_hypnotized]

I still have to get my boxed set.

COSTUMES. KEWL. I think I'll do Kaylee with her umbrella from the first episode where they take on their passengers..

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Um... Nup, still don't know what Kewl means :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.