main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serenity

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by FatBurt, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    lol ya see- they're not parties- they're boring work functions!!! ;) Parties is going to someone's house ya dont even know and... i'll leave it there. :D

2. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    This film rocked!!!!! Just watched it today (while recovering from a night of partying hard)

I really need to see the tv serise now!

3. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

Absolutely fantastic film.

I watched the series first - reccommended as you get to see their characters develop and the adventures they have. And how messed up River is!

Watched the DVD of Serenity at the weekend - Wow!

Sparkling dialogue, great action, imaginative situations and solid characterisation (maintaining and building on Firefly).

I will never know what it would have been like had I not watched Firefly first, but it seems people 'get it' anyway.

Serenity gives the prequels a sound kicking!

4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    GAH!! I wish people would stop saying it's better than the prequels! While that may be so, it just grates when people keep on saying "Oh, this is how the prequels should have been done." Yes. We get it. The prequels weren't the best films in existence. However, as a person who enjoyed them (apart from AOTC) it gets on my nips a bit.

5. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005

so?

6. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    So, it annoys me because they're two different types of film with completely different messages. Like comparing a shotgun to a cattle prod.

7. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    This serenity thing is so overrated. Star Wars, even The Phantom Menace, are in a different league.

8. moogi_wan

moogi_wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Jeepers, that point about Star Wars being in a different league seems somewhat familiar...oh yes, thats because i made it earlier.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I enjoyed it. What I enjoyed more, however, was the subtle possibility of the film being set after Legacy of the Force, but before the Legacy comics.

Earth aside, of course.

Then again, the Director did want SW fans to watch it. He did make a whole ton of spiel about his Mal and Serenity linking to Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon, before or after the film was released, I cannot recall.

Bloody good film. My father, impartial to Star Wars as he is, managed to say 'Oh sugar' to the opening of the fleet battle. That was a biggie moment of 'Oooooooh' for me.

10. MANDALORIAN

MANDALORIAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 1999

The Prequels are not in a different league at all! Unless you mean a lower league.

The writing is atrocious, continuity, acting and directing at an all time low. Prequels are a laughing stock.

A load of techies churning out computer graphics does not a good film make.

Serenity was closer to the original Star Wars, with its emphasis on character and witty dialogue.

11. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    What, boring characters?

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Jeez, this is a discussion for Firefly/Serenity. NOT the pro's/cons of the prequels! If you wanna debate the merits of I, II and III, there's a big, wide forum just waiting for your opinions. Can we please go back to discussion of Firefly and the 'Verse it resides in. Kthxbi.

13. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Watched the film last night, along with Episodes 1-5...Thourougly enjoying...If only they'd of brought more out...

14. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    I don't know if I would have liked the characters so much if I hadn't seen the series. Mal was very, very dark in this film and I think it was important to have the background from the TV series.

I thought the movie was great, the action was fast paced and the operative was really scary (although not as scary as Jubal Early) his soft spokeness really contrasted with Mal's own voice and character really well.

Mal was brilliant, his facial expreessions really let you in and you could see when he was in pain, both physically and mentally.

And of course Summer most definelty rocked in the cantina scene.

15. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    This movie's really good points were it's characterisation and an above average script. Overall though it was disappointing; mediocre special effects and a very dull and simple plot. I had the feeling that I was watching a double-length TV episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.