main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Serial. Listen to it.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Jennifer Lawrence as Dana: "There's a sale at the Crab Shack!" "Yeah, they were like what news do you bring?"
    Liam Hemsworth as Don. Beautiful, sexy, perfect Don.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    miley cyrus as jen

still working my way through the final ep... WHAT IS THIS ABOUT THE ******** PAYPHONE AGAIN GOD!?! "MAYBE THERE WAS ONE"?! "MAAAYYYYBBEEEE"?!?! **** YOU SARAH KOENIG!!! **** YOU AND **** BEST BUY!!!!

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  3. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    My theory is that we coexist in a matrix of multiverses in which all possible outcomes are true. My quest is to open up a portal into the multiverse instance in which Hae ran away to California. I will join her there, and we will live out the remainder of our lives in harmony, except that we cannot touch because that would cause a tremendous matter-antimatter explosion that would collapse the multiverse array back into a single universe in which Don has been elected president of the United States.

EmpireForever and Rogue_Ten like this.
  4. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

best sex ever tho

5. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    its ****** don!! don's the serial killer and jay's his renfield

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  6. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Leave Don alone. He's been through enough. Hae's relentless pursuit destroyed his relationship with his previous girlfriend. And when Hae disappeared, Don was left with nothing.

Ender Sai likes this.
  7. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    except the lock of her hair that he keeps in a box along with the hair of 32 other young asian women from all along the eastern seaboard

EmpireForever and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  8. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    and yet the Innocence Project DNA tests will likely prove as inconclusive as everything about Serial. Adnan is doomed to spend the next 40 years of his life honing his omelette-making technique.

Ender Sai likes this.
  9. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    whaddya think season 2 will be about? and do you think the inevitable update stories for adnan's case will air on This American Life or as a side-segment of season 2 of Serial?

10. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

not if they test don

#testdon

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  11. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    I'm wondering if they will give up entirely on true crime. I'd like to see a season long effort to unionize a Walmart or Amazon distribution warehouse. It would be equally frustrating in the end of course, but I think they should make frustrating audience expectations an integral part of the brand.

Ender Sai, Barbecue17 and Rogue_Ten like this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    that's actually a great idea. they should do that

13. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    Pick a lofty goal, then fail to achieve it in a spectacular and utterly mesmerizing way. That's what Serial is about.

Boba Nekhbet likes this.
  14. Barbecue17

Barbecue17 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 11, 2013
    I haven't listened to the last episode yet but I guess since about the middle of the season I've kind of come to the conclusion that for the sake of the story it just doesn't matter. Yes, for the people involved it does. I would have loved for Koening to solve this crime and either prove Adnan's innocence or find enough facts to condemn whoever is guilty (even if it were Adnan), but I don't think it is necessary for this experiment in podcasting to be a success. I feel like serial has succeeded more by simply getting people talking more critically about the US criminal justice system. Network TV and films can always come to concrete resolutions but real life doesn't. If everyone listened to this podcast and realized the odd tension that we're left with, maybe they'd change how they think, vote, and approach their decision making.

I mean, here's someone who spent the better part of a year focusing on one criminal case who still hasn't come to a concrete conclusion about the guilt or innocence of a man. That should cause us to reconsider some things about our criminal justice system.

Anyways, I'm excited to see what season two brings although I hope they do due an update episode detailing what happens with Adnan's appeal and the Innocence Project findings.

15. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah i mean i think she's deffo successfully shown that an 18 year old shouldnt have been sent to prison for life on the evidence that exists

16. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Koenig has said already that she doesn't want to do a crime for the second season. I was trying to think of other TAL-type stories that could be expanded into several episodes, since that's kind of how Adnan's story grew into Serial, but I got nothing really good. I find TAL boring more often than not.

If they really DO want to make frustrating audience expectations a part of the brand (which would be great), they could do a series on Kryptos. Talk about the history of the sculpture and US Intelligence generally, and how the first three sections were cracked, and then interview a bunch of people who have worked on/are working on cracking the fourth section, and then by the end... it'll still be unsolved.

I'm starting to think the existence or not of the Pay Phone at the Best Buy is a Mandela Effect thing.* We have the blueprints that say there was one IN the vestibule, but the random shoplifter swears there wasn't! Alternate histories for sure.

I loled at "What news do you bring?" today. I totally want to be friends with Dana.

BTW it's "There's a shrimp sale at the Crab Crib" the alliteration and consonance are a very big part of why that sentence became such a cult thing.

* I think the Mandela Effect is extremely stupid.

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  17. Jabbadabbado

Mar 19, 1999
    The Serial Podcast is the number one podcast around the English speaking world and in Germany, and this seems to be one of the things that startles foreign listeners: what kind of a country is this where we lock up a 17 year old and throw away the key? Whatever he did, his action was in some sense at least the product of an underformed brain not yet baked enough to have the maturity of an older adult. And now for the last 17 years he's been a model prisoner, taking advantage of all sorts of opportunities for rehabilitation and self-improvement.

Barbecue17 likes this.
  18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Two people would maybe be having normal lives today had they not broken their parents rules. Instead, one's dead and the other is in jail.

Listen to your Asian parents.

Rogue_Ten and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    i didnt even have asian parents and thats probably why im still posting on a star wars message board at 27

Lord Vivec likes this.
  20. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I mean technically Lebanon is on the Asian continent.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  21. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    From Rumors: "Why are you only asking me? Why aren't you dragging other people's skeletons out of the closet?" - Adnan.

Like, because she's investigating the case, and your character was part of the case, dude. She only brought it up because it was brought up in the case. Seems like a weird thing to get upset about.

22. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yeah. How weird to get upset over people bringing up bad things you did as a kid.

23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

im presuming that he was referring to other people involved in the case, like Jay and Hae and Don (******* DON!!!)

24. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Seriously, **** DON! I know it's like, very in left field, but knowing that SK waited until the last episode to drop that little morsel that Don's alibi at work that day was HIS OWN MOTHER has only reignited my previous "DON DID IT" feelings. I mean, I don't know how Jay is involved if Don did it. DON'T ASK ME, but I just think Don did it.

Lord Vivec and Rogue_Ten like this.
  25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    hashtag #investigatedon

and it not really "left field". he's the creepy old man boyfriend from lenscrafters talkin bout how this high school girl he was dating really changed him as a person in like two weeks before she mysteriously disappeared.

seriously, i feel like there's gotta be several historical serial killers who worked in optometry. it seems like a very serial killery profession. checkin out people's eyes and ****. gooey, vulnerable eyes. very serial killery

Lord Vivec and Boba Nekhbet like this.