main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Series, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi-Angel, Jun 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Angel

Jedi-Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    First, I gag over my naive belief that I was being original with Obi and Sabe!!! Oh, well! (Newbie slumps against chair-back with doleful sigh.)

Second, I am writing a series. I've finished Part I (although at some point in the future I may come back and deepen it) and am on Part II. I get the feeling that series aren't, well, encouraged at The Force.Net. Am I wrong (as I hope)? I've gotten quite tired of my present fanfic host's continuous downtime and would love to find a new home for my imaginings. I'd love to find a warm fire here!

PS, I'd also love to have a mentor! Any takers?

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I've never heard anything about series stories being unwelcome in the forums.

3. Jedi-Angel

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, I didn't really mean to imply the forums, but in the facfic section. It states that series are accepted within limits. Sorry for the confusion.

PS, I'm really just looking for clarification and some hand holding support!

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Well if you're referring to TFN's archive, then yes, there are some limits placed on serial stories.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with serials, it's just that we'd like each fic to be able to stand on its own without requiring knowledge of what happened in a previous story segment.

Since each submissions is judged separately, it would be possible for parts one and three to be accepted, but part two to be rejected. Now, with part two missing from the series, visitors to the archive will be left with a gap in the story.

Now, if each part of the story is a stand alone adventure, that's different. Otherwise, when we receive fics that are told in segments, we ask that they be judged as one complete piece of work, and then we will archive them in bi-weekly installments.

Was that any help?

5. Jedi-Angel

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, that's a bit more detailed than what's explained in the faq section! I think mine qualifies as stand alone in the same fashion that the SW trilogies do! In other words - they don't. Oh well. Thanks, anyway!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.