main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Series won't affect the Saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by darkside61490, Jan 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkside61490

darkside61490 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    I do not like the idea that the TV series will focus on a smaller character. This is mainly because of two reasons, which really connect to one another. The first is that it won't affect the Saga. Nothing will change A New Hope. While Revenge didn't change a new hope, it certainly affected it. What I mean is, that, with only a minor character, none of the events of the TV series can be hoped to be mentioned in the Original Trilogy. My other reason is that, as Lucas has said, Star Wars is mainly about four people- Anakin, Obi-Wan, Luke, and Palpatine. Or maybe Yoda was in there somewhere too, but that doesn't change the point. Without any of this characters in the series, besides possibly small appearances, how can it hope to count as a piece of the Star Wars Saga?

My problem is that the TV series really has no bearing on the Saga if it only focuses on a minor character...

2. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    Seeing as it'll be set during the period when the Empire is coming to power and the last Jedi are being hunted down, the Rebellion is forming, and apparently feature Boba Fett, it seems like it'll be 'connected' to the OT. And I don't see how it could affect the saga any less than Episode I did.

Bottom line, if it bothers you that much that they won't be able to engineer any connections between it and the OT, then just don't watch it.

3. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    And, at Celebration III, Lucas said something like "there are a lot of connected issues in the show, but you won't necessarily see all of the major people who are connected."

And besides, all Star Wars stories are entries to the Star Wars saga.

4. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    Just because there may not be any of the main characters in the show doesn't mean that it will not have tie ins to the OT, or make references to the PT. Even if the main cast is entirely minor characters, that doesn't mean that major characters aren't going to show up, at least as guest characters.

5. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    It's a Galactic Empire.

It would be downright stupid if it did have any connection to the movies.

There's more to Star Wars than those moronic Jedi you know.

6. DarthKakarot

DarthKakarot Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 9, 2005
    That hit the nail on the head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.