main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serious Business - Let's Play Some Games Online

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    [face_plain] Not funny, OK? Not. Funny!

2. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    not like you missed much... if you were online you would've been doing what i was.... sitting there hitting the refresh button with autojoin enabled waiting for a free space in MS's server LOL!:p

3. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll be continuing to medic after the update - LOTS of temamates to stop burning - might get my "Achievement for putting out teammates on fire" in the very near future as a result.

4. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    after about two nights in an achievement server (yes i know, i was bored OKAY?!?!?) I have all but about 4 Medic Achievements... and even if you were to continually play in an achievement server those 4 would take days so i cant be bothered.

5. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll be continuing to medic after the update

Solidarity, brother.

Got my Infernal Medicine achievement just the other night, though, so I've missed the boat. :p

6. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I've messed around with the new patch for the last week, and I am really enjoying it. Now that the free weekend is over, the players are getting less and less stupid which is great. The new pyro weapons rock hard. I unlocked the last weapon last night (and now that the new patch is out, I think i'll have the last medic weapon. So should you, BBN) With the unlocks, you can really tune your pyro for your play style. On defence, use the standard flamer, shotgun and axe. You can punt back rockets, stickies and grenades away from your point and you can get keep enemies of your point (A pyro is now ESSENTIAL to victory gravel-pit). On the attack, get out the unlocks are burn away.

Anybody up for TF2 Wednesday night?

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I unlocked the last weapon last night (and now that the new patch is out, I think i'll have the last medic weapon. So should you, BBN)

I don't. Not unless there's been a change since the weekend, anyway. And besides, I'd still only have enough achievements for the 2nd, not the 3rd. Which doesn't bother me greatly, anyway, so there we go.

I should be available for some Business Wednesday night. Pencil me in.

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I should have linked it. In the patch that came out this morning (i think), the requirements to get the medic unlocks was lowered to same level as the pyro unlocks.

9. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  10. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Heh, I played a little bit of heavy last week when there were a thousand and one pyros, I really enjoyed it :)

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well everyone, if you check your Steam-a-kerjiggers, you'll see that after something of a haiatus, Serious Business is scheduled for Thursday night.

You know what to do.

12. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Lock up the women and children? :p

I'm looking forward to this Serious Business installment. Was fun having those Heavy/Medic vs Heavy/Medic battles the other night with Goobs, MS and Vercetti :cool:

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    So who else is going to be in for this shindiggery? After the great time Sammich and I had with some impromptu Business the other night, I'm feeling really pumped to get Serious Business happening regularly again, like it used to. If tomorrow night's goes well, I really want to start scheduling weekly outings, because whenever I sit down for a solid game of TF2, even after only a week or two off, my firey love for the game awakens once more.

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I certainly do know what to do. Problem is, those lazy bastards at Telstra have claimed for seven weeks that my phone lines were active and switched on, when the slackers hadn't connected the line to the house to the trunk line at the junction box. The pricks finally pulled their fingers out of their pie-holes and connected the line, and now I'm waiting for Iinet to relocate my plan to the new address. I should be active next week... if the withdrawal symptoms haven't killed me.

15. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002

Mah Spannah (or Kritzkrieg) should be there.

16. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Last night's business - Huge success. It took us a little while to find a good server with some decent players, but when we did, it was great.

Next Business scheduled is for this Monday. Be there or don't.

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll be there like shareware.

[image=http://homepage.mac.com/dezro/Serious%20Cat.jpg]
    SERIOUS CAT SAYS: "I'm back, baby."

18. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  20. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Sorry I didnt join you all for SB last night, I've broken my right thumb :(

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Since I was on an aeroplane flying from Sydney to Brisbane when Serious Business was on last night, I've taken the opportunity to schedule some more tonight, for anyone who's interested.

22. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I have some Dicey Business with my good twin. Surprisingly he's the one with the goatee... Anyway, I can't make it tonight.

Have fun, may your bullets hit their mark and your medi-lasers never falter.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

23. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I see we have Serious Business Monday - From Russia, With Guns Monday night.

Waaay too soon for that title, but anyway, I'll try to be there.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

24. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Barring anything unforseen, I'll be there.

25. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Paul now has the Orange Box so we ran around a little today - I think he enjoyed it and looks forward to Serious Business tomorrow. I shall also be in general attendance. :)

Actually had a bit of fun playing classes other than soldier for once. I'll probably never get the hang of the Heavy, but Engineer was good to me today and I had a little bit of fun as a Pyro also. Fun times, eh? Decided to call it quits about the time I was being taunted for my general aversion to sentances composed entirely of expletives (obviously attributable to the fact that I was a GRRRRRRL), but still, fun times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.