main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serious Business - Let's Play Some Games Online

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Idiots really can take the fun out of a game, to be sure. I second the motion for the strangulation via TCP/IP to be instantiated. Sometimes typing with the capslock on just doesn't get across the message you want it to.

I don't feel so bad about playing NWN2 instead last night though now (the slower-paced RPG does make it easier to prepare a meal whilst playing... [face_thinking] ).

edit: Th3_Sn1per will save the day! HaHA -- relevant.

2. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    AWESOME

[image=http://img.waffleimages.com/96346124cd26514916170afd9545a1fbeaf5862e/1201780337544.jpg]

Discuss

3. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Error 403: Forbidden - Site requires you to log in.

4. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    [image=http://waffleimages.nwpshost.com/files/96/96346124cd26514916170afd9545a1fbeaf5862e.jpg]

This should work

5. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Nope, it isn't working.

6. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Points for effort, Sambo.

7. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/murder_sandwhich/1201780337544.jpg]

Discuss.

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  9. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
  10. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    [face_love]

I has a new wallpapers.

11. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Huh - CTF Well is confusing. [face_thinking]

12. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I haven't even finished Ice Station Santa, and even that will be pushed by the wayside now I can finally allow myself to play The Orange Box.

Yet I still can't wait for this.

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Turreting Well CTF is very tricky. You have to keep the enemy pushed back to the train building to have a chance. Defending in your base is nigh on impossible.

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    The best solution to CTF Well is to have a patient demoman mine the Intelligence and have them sit with their finger on the trigger. That will keep the other team busy long enough for your other teammates to grab the Intelligence at least two times. Assuming the other team doesn't have their own wacky strategy.

I've only had one "meh" experience with CTF Well so far; last night it just dragged on and wasn't going anywhere. It got a bit silly at that point...

Sunday night was the best experience I've had with TF2 outside of the QFF for a while. Was stuck in 2Fort with a fairly pathetic team and two captrues down, but between myself as a Heavy (and man is that fun to play when you get it right), an excellent spy and a pyro who knew what he was doing, we managed to rally the troops and fight it back to a stalemate.

I also finally got the Head of the Class Achievement that night. The rules for that are still somewhat screwy, but at least I can focus on the final four now.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    CTF Well is very different from 2Fort in how it plays, just by bent of the size of the place. 2Fort is all tiny corridors, Well is completely different. You really need different tactics. I'm still learning the ropes myself, but Sammich and I had a really good game on it on Sunday night. The key to our victory then seemed to be a concentrated assault by 4 or more people at the same time, coming through the passage on the top floor, then blasting your way outside with the intelligence ASAFP. If you get caught inside the enemy base, you're toast, but if you can make it out, you've got a much better chance of survival, especially if the rest of your team can cover you through the gauntlet of the central building. Medics are compulsory for the initial assault (and I'm not just saying that to toot my own horn, but we were getting obliterated inside the enemy base when my fellow medic and I weren't there to lessen the pain). If the enemy had sentries set up on the Intelligence platform, through, it made life extremely difficult unless we had a soldier or demoman with us to blast them from the balcony.

So yeah, it takes some getting used to, but it's an interesting change of pace, I'm finding.

16. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Well CTF therefore, is an offensive-rewarding map more so than many other maps. Throw 6+ people together at it, and with many people on Public servers still playing solo, you'll cap out easily.

I'd love to play that map with others on my side working as a team.

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    That was pretty much the plan that BBN, our team and I had the other night on CTF_Well. We still had the basic Neutron Sandwich maneuver (Which is, a Heavy and a Medic make a push for the Intel, the Medic picks it up and the Heavy clears ahead for the medic). We had a Sniper (but only one) in our base to shoot people coming trying to get into ours. We had soldiers and demos blowing up sentries. We had engies putting up teleports and sentries. We had Pyros doing spychecks near the engieneer's deployables. We had ONE spy killing the other heavy-medic combo that was trying to make a push. Everybody knew what needed to be done and how to do it. and above all, we kept up the voice chat. This is a game that requires voice chat to work properly.

The TF2 Wiki is actually pretty useful for a rundown of strategies and such. Like this, a guide to Spy Checking

In Other Business related news, I found a mod called Follow Freeman , which is the hl2 campaign (and some other popular mods) modified for Co-op play. anybody want to test this out with me later?

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I'll employ that as an Engineer in future... "If you're near my sentry, shoot your secondary weapon...that way I'll know not to waste ammo on spy-checking you..."

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yeah, Team Fortress is a much better game than Every-Spy-For-Himself Fortress. The game Sammich and I played on Sunday night was one of the best teamplay experiences I've had in that game, it was awesome. There were no idiot lone wolves, everyone banded together and got the job done. It was fantastic fun. We were all on the voice chat, laughing and verbally high-fiving each other for kicking ass. It really was a butt-load of fun, and I hope to repeat the experience.

Nice find on the TF2 Wiki, MS. Looks like a great resource. As for this Follow Freeman mod, I'm game. Hopefully it'll work better than Synergy, which was lousy, at least for the co-oping single-player campaign.

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  21. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    It should be noted that I won't be in on the Serious Business til probably later as my nana is offering me good home cooked dinner and I'm not one to refuse such an offer. So I'll be on after I've done indulging on real food.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    [image=http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/musicalbek/Elves.jpg]

Once we got out of the map of ninja elves, it was a rollicking fun time. Finally got that five kills in a row achievement (which for me is actually something). That was nice too - ran into the blue base, took out an engineer and his sentry, took out a scout, took out a sniper, and I may have taken out a soldier on my way in and possibly out. It's those moments that make me really enjoy the game - the parts where I feel like I'm actually doing well. And I was doing pretty nicely this evening.

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I bought Garry's Mod yesturday.

You, QldFF, reap the rewards -

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/murder_sandwhich/cp_gravelpit0016.jpg]

24. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    That rocks, Sammich :D

25. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Oh man, I so wish I had TF2 on PC right now... :(

Must. Save. Moneyz.

Need. Better. Computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.