main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serious Business - Let's Play Some Games Online

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Can you be more specific about the problem you're having? Any error messages? That said, the first thing you should try is to alt-tab out of the game and see if the Windows Firewall is asking you whether to allow HL2.exe or not. If so, click 'unblock', and I suspect your problem will disappear.

2. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'll try it again tomorrow night when I have some time not devoted to teh new job thingy, but I've made the exception on Windows Firewall, so I'll hope for the best...

3. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Okay... unblocking hl2.exe on the Windoze Firewall doesn't seem to have made any difference whatsoever. I can load up TF2, get to the stage of selecting a game to join, and it just dead-ends during the process of loading the server. Forget Serious Business, I'm Seriously Annoyed. Oh, yeah, I had exactly one successful go at joining a game out of seven attempts.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    What about Half Life 2? Same problem with it online?

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    So, what night is best for business? I'd like to get some going again :) .

6. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    As long as it isnt a Tuesday (or the night before an assignment is due :p), I'm there!

And possibly have another SAFFer to bring to the party if he's home on whatever night the next SB! is. Converted him to Steam after I let him play TF2 at my place once... ;)

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    This week isn't really free for me, Business-wise, but next week I should be able to put in the time. Want to get myself psyched up before the Pyro update comes out.

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  9. DarthVercetti

DarthVercetti Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    That's me!!!

Hey all, i'm Jeremy/DV i'll be on most of tomorrow and most definately for SB!... will be good to finally get to meet you all, i'll be there and i WILL be square*...

*may not actually be square

10. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  11. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Anybody keen for some night this week? I think I'm free every night except Saturday.

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    I'd be up for some Serious Business later tonight.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  14. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That was fantastic, I really needed that after the crappy last couple of days I've had. It's been at least a month since I had a solid game of TF2, and ye gods I've missed that game. Just superb.

15. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    Pyro Update Details

In Summary
    - 2 new (user created) maps. I haven't played Fast lane, but Turbine is pretty cool.
    -The pyro gets a air blast attack on the standard flame thrower, which can knock back players, rockets, and stickies.
    -You only need to unlock 20 achievements to get all of the unlocks, so you can just pick 15 achievements you don't care for/ too hard and focus on the other 20.
    -YOU CAN INSTAKILL PEOPLE WITH THE HADOKEN TAUNT :D

Imagine the griefing possibilities :D

EDIT - One of the achievements it "BarbeQueQ: Cause a dominated player to leave the server."

Ahahaha I love you Valve :3 .

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Where does it say you only need 20 of the Acheivements? That's pretty cool. Some of the medic Achievements are bat**** insane in terms of what you have to do to get them. It's nice to let normal people who don't cheat get access to the high-end weapons.

17. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
  18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
  19. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Good Point, BBN. I've only just earnt the 1st Medic weapon. I long for the Ubersaw!

20. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    So is it friday or thursday that it comes out? either way, WORST TIMING EVER!

I'm moving house tomorrow and wont have the internet back online until the 2nd of July... :_|

Will look forward to playing with you guys then! I had a few rounds with Murder, MrNeutron and Darcrider but i look forward to play with the others soon :)

seeya when the net's back,
    DV

21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    It probably won't honestly be that bad, Vercetti. There's going to be at least a solid week of 96% of the population of any given server all playing Pyro, and probably not even playing, just grinding achievements. That's how it was with Medic, and Pyro will be worse because there's more appeal to the class and the unlocks. I'll play a bit over the next week, but I'll honestly probably lay off till everyone gets it out of their systems.

22. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    True, the night i CANNOT wait for however is the night of a thousand spies.

GONNA BE SOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

Will be easy to distinguish the enemy spies.... the friendly spies NOT disguised as enemy spies [face_laugh]

23. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    We should be okay on the server we were on last night. Usually the players are focused on having a good match, not grinding for achievements.

24. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    You mean those kinds of servers exist MS? :eek: I am so there on saturday!!

25. DarthVercetti

Oct 18, 2005
    you sure it's not your dad's birthday this time Sabre? got a family dinner to attend? LOL!

but yeah, there are a few servers that just focus on having great games. The one i played on with you guys was good. it was full and everyone was there to play the game not get achievements. great fun!

At one point i tried to blow up a teleporter right as Neutron came through it... i blew him, me AND the teleporter out of the tiny little shack i was silly enough to stand in while i fired. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.