main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD SERIOUS BUSINESS LIVE - Let's make with the planing

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Murder_Sandwhich, Feb 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Heheh, that's good - but it does go on for about a minute too long...

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay, since I realised it's just two days till this shindig is going down, here's a belated list of suggestions of what everyone should bring, apart from themselves and their computers.

- Power boards. The electricity requirements are going to be frankly nuts, so we're going to have to string a bunch of power boards around the place, and it's better to have too many than too few.

- An ethernet cable. While I have a whole buttload of my own, enough to pick up the slack, anyone who has a cable or tow they can bring should do so anyway.

- 10 or 15 bucks for Goob and C_J, to compensate for the electricity and internets we consume.

- Snacks and drinks. Presumably we'll be getting pizza or something, so no need to bring any actual meal-type food unless you really want to.

Goob, what is the table and chair situation at your place? Ought as many people as possible be looking at bringing chairs and tables? With the addition of my brother Sam and his friend Joel (since Josh was the only person to answer my question about whether it would be cool if he comes, I can only assume it's so cool nobody can even bring themselves to say it) the total will be 10 people, more than one of whom will be bringing large widescreen monitors. So if table space will be an issue, say so now, and we'll all try to figure something out.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Speaking from Goobs point-of-view which I shouldn't and possibly will get bashed about for later, he was working on 8 people and is trying to work out how to do 10 last time I spoke to him. Chairs are sorted, although-2-3 people will have to do floor space on coffee tables. I think he just needs a hand moving stuff around to fit it all in on saturday. He won't be home til 3 from work I think.

Goobs' phone is missing in action if you're trying to contact him..so you can't really. Email, pm or msn him I guess for now.

Have fun people.

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay, thanks, Kahlan. If it's going to be a problem for my brother and his friend to come, say so now and I'll let them know. The more the merrier, yeah, but it's not going to work if people have to sit out in the driveway. :p

5. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Regarding powerboards, I have my own six-porter, and I do have one or two spares I can bring along. As for chairs, I can scrounge one or two of those as well.

I know Goobs won't be home 'til 2:30 - 3pm, but what's logistics regarding entry like? Is someone going to be home in case Goobs is unexpectedly delayed? Or is it going to be a case of 3pm, no earlier, and plan on later? Oh... and one last thing, could someone kindly PM me an address? :)

6. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Apologies for the delay.

9 is the maximum for me. Stay with me on this one...
    3 on main table, 2 on second main table, 2-3 on coffee tables, and kitchen bench if need be (1-2 pc's.)
    I have enough chairs/stools.

I will be home 2:45. The place will be mostly set up (space wise) already. Arrive @ 3. Then it's game-o-rama until midnight.
    No need for $15 - just $10's fine. Note I don't have spare Power Boards. But Fridge room should be ok for a 6 pack or whatnot per person. And snacks are a must - Try some variety though.

Action Stations:
    - Goob.
    - MS. (dangit I was pinging 6 - six! on node last night!!)
    - BBN1138.
    - Lozza.
    - Zerebin.
    - Morgan.
    - Cargin.
    - Samwise Morrison.
    - Joel of the church of TF2.

Reserves:
    - Sabre.
    - Magnus - can make the 1st half.

Apologies Sabre & Magnus - but stand by in case we have people with change in plans.

7. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Thanks Goob, that sounds good. Recall that Morgan and Magnus are both bringing laptops, so their space requirements are small. And now that I have your blessing, I'll pass on your address to my brother.

I'll be coming with Loz from her place, so we can very easily be there bang on 3:00 to help you set up. I'm more than happy to do any necessary liftin' and shiftin' to get this thing operational. And once more, as general tech support, it's always best for me to be there from the word go.

Really, really looking forward to this, guys. Bring the noise. :D

8. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    Sabre will be joining us over the intertubes, so there'll be no need for a space for him.

9. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    [image=http://www.hiddenshallows.co.uk/doctor/rose15.jpg]
    FANTASTIC!

One thought - try and bring Headphones. You can get cheap ones (walkman-esque) for $20.

10. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Unfortunately at this stage I doubt I can make it at all. I'd have to leave at 5 pm, which would give me barely any play time taking into account setting everything up. And unless you guys are planning on going well into the morning, I doubt I can make it later either.

Very sorry guys. Still, enjoy yourselves and take lotsa photos.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I think there's a fair chance of things running pretty late. They did last time at Sambo's. And anyway, you can join us via the Tubes like Sabre, if you get the chance.

Headphones are definitely a must, which is why I'm bringing these babies. Never game without 'em.

I just realised: we should all be able to get the "With Friends Like These" achievement for TF2. :D For those not in the know, that's the one you get for playing a game with 7 other people from your friends list, and it's one of the only ones I don't have.

12. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    I just bought my Steelseries today, along with a g9 mouse. Sweeeet.

Also, I've told some people on my steam friends list (ili, Gherkin and some of the LLJK guys) to be online on Saturday, to join the EPICness of the Business over the tubes.

13. Sabre_11

Sabre_11 Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 1, 2005
    Thanks for clearing up the fact I'm close to 3000km away MS :p I have a instore show to go to during the afternoon, street team duties strike again, but I should be home by 3:30-4:00 to play a few rounds with all of you, then I'm off to be Disc-Jockey at my brother's 21st at about 7:30. Getting sent home at 12 though, so I'll be on again for those of you still continuing to deal business seriously. :)

And whoa, nice headphones BBN! I thought mine were pretty nifty, but those blow mine out of the water!

14. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm without my Mobile phone for a few days... [face_blush]

So contact BBN, who is scheduled to be at the Thunderdone around 3pm, if you have to contact me. Or PM me and I'll read it the second I'm home from work.

Some snacky suggestions...if you're keen to bring something, claim it/post it.

- Microwavable Popcorn.
    - Party Pies/Sausage Rolls.
    - Cheap Pizza coupons.
    - Chips n Dip (2 dips/4 chips?)
    - Something healthier...? [face_laugh]

...you're welcome to bring your own drinks.
    (I have a 24-slab of water bottles for all, and some juice. And Bacon-cheese-tomato muffin snacks. And a Honeycomb Bavarian dessert...mmmmmmm...but please contribute foody stuff.)

I am looking at us finishing around midnight, or 2 at the very latest. As the Thunderdone residents work the next day, we aren't able to take crashers, sorry.

A SMALL UPDATE FOR TF2/portal IS OUT TONIGHT. TRY TO UPDATE BEFORE YOU COME.
    - Don't forget headphones. BigW has 'em for $10.
    - TehThundahDome is set up. Pic [edit] BELOW. Room for 9.
    - Don't forget your powerboards. And I need 2 more extention cables.

[image=http://www.jagerclan.com/glubbo/Star%20Wars/thunderdome.jpg]

15. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    Goobs makes LAN Planning user friendly. =D=

I was considering hollering for a lift, but I need to go via town anyway so I'll take the train route - Goobs, may I politely request that you PM your residential details so I can map my way from station to house? Pretty please? [face_batting] I recall it not being far, but I can't remember the actual walking path. [face_thinking]

Anywho, I'll see you kids on the morrow [face_peace]

16. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Regarding the powerboards, I have at least 2, possibly three I bring along - one six point and one or two four point powerboards. So that should accomodate at least 5 and maybe 7 people, depending on what peripherals everyone has. I might also be able to scrounge a couple of extension cords, but that's a maybe.

I also know all the tips and tricks to getting cheap pizzas, so we're covered on that front as well.

And I'll be getting there early as well... I need a consult on tech issues with BBN.

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    SERIOUS BUSINESS IS LIVE!!!

18. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    THIS IS...NUNDAH!!

Hmm, more TF2-ing is in ordah!!

19. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    MY BUSINESS. LET ME SHOW YOU IT

20. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Upset that I missed this... Way too much going on today :(

But, I'm sure you all had a blast, in every sense of the word!! :D

21. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Guys, I'm missing a (extention) power cable, it is fairly short (~1m) and functions as a double adaptor.

22. morgan-aleghieri

Mar 18, 2006
    On that note, I forgot my power board - it was near the couch. Eh, sacrifice was worth getting home I guess.

But, I'm sure you all had a blast, in every sense of the word!!

Including the Team Rocket, "We're blasting off again" sense?

23. Sabre_11

Jun 1, 2005
    Perhaps... :p

So next time you guys do Serious Business en masse, can it not be on my brother's 21st? :oops:

24. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    On occasion we had some latency issues when in server en masse, but we only used 6% of my 20gb monthly limit.

25. Murder_Sandwhich

Apr 7, 2004
    A huge thanks to the Thunderdromians for hosting us on Saturday. Much fun was had by all :D.

As soon as I get ADSL2 installed and I buy Washington I'll have you kids over to mine for Serious Business Live Deux (Would you be able to post the logo you made, Goob)

[face_blush] I meant to post this earlier, but haven't had the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.