main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Serious Conversation Topic Wanted on the Star Wars Universe

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Revel, Apr 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    See, now your just insulting people.

2. JEDIPAULAW

JEDIPAULAW Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    <hurls custard pie at Grieyls>

3. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Mmmmmm, custard pie.......Aaaaaarrrrggghhhh

4. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    Are you enjoying the custard pie or are you scared of it? I didn't quite understand that last sound effect.

5. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Could be both, you never know.

6. MrNeech

MrNeech Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I think Paul sux. He's the Jar Jar of the human race. Did I just say that out loud?

7. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Say what out loud?

8. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    I think Paul sux. He's the Jar Jar of the human race. Did I just say that out loud?

Mr Neech, I am most displeased with your too oft personal attack of me!, please refrain from such attacks please!

9. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah... and back to the Ewok haters. Get over it. Everything that Grieyls said about TPM (which everyone agreed with) applies to the Ewoks as well. Kids' film. Kids love Ewoks. I love Ewoks (thus spake the inner child).

10. MrNeech

Nov 27, 2000
    What's a spake?

11. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Getting back to the trench scene in ANH. Paul, I think the situation is rather similar.

What I mean is, yes, the rebels did have strategy etc, but in the end, Luke turned off his computer, and his shot was purely on instinct/luck or as we know, the will of Force.

In TPM, Anikan's journey into the control ship and its subsequent destruction was the same thing albeit a little more extreme.

12. The_Revel

The_Revel Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    Considering i started this topic its only fair i put some kind of reply here.... When Episode I was in the works of coming out I distanced myself from alot of the rumors and spoilers and what not. I went into Episode I with hopes of watching a Star Wars movie. In my opinion minus Jar Jar Binks It flowed with the spirit of the original trilogy. Anyhow In Mr Neech's last post I would have to say I agree with him 100 Percent. When Episode 2 comes out I plan to do the same I have no expectations of it so I know I wont be disappointed.

13. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Thats's the best way you can be when you see it. Cause if your not expecting anything, then you will enjoy it that much more.

14. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes simple life forms don't expect much do they? ;)

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    That comment was not appreciated Paul.

16. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    All my detractors regarding my statement about how stupid and unrealistic it is when Anakin blows up the Droid Control Ship in EP1 I have someone who agrees with me:)

Quote When a multi-million dollar movie mogul, all-around creative genius and figurehead of everything that the imagination stands for is making the most anticipated film of all time, and turns out a movie with no main protagonist, three (!?) climaxes, and a pivotal moment in which the main enemy is defeated purely by accident (!!!?!??!?!??!).

PS: If you don't get what I'm on about, look at my username!

17. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    So Paul, and I have been one of last people who have tried to be nice to you....

GET OFF THE BLOODY BOARDS IF YOU HATED EPISODE 1 SO MUCH!!!!

for goodnees sake!

I have known someone to so childishly make a point.

18. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Well if u feel like that then

19. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Rule number one, when quoting someone it's worth noting who made the quote in the first place. As no one will take anything you say as fact.

Rule number two, always back up a thought with some actuall evidence if you want to be taken seriously.

Paul I see you are doing niether of the above. It's really common practice and considering you like to boast that you go to Uni I thought that you would know this. Obviously not. Ah well, live and learn.

20. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes but if I displayed who quoted it then he'd be in trouble wouldn't he?

And why should I reference it?, I'm not getting marked for it am I? <and don't reply yes!>

21. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Why someone would mark you for quoting them is beyond me. In most cases you can get into serious trouble by not saying who it is you are quoting. Especaially on an official document of some kind.

If you want us to take you seriously though, then you must tell us who it is you're quoting. Otherwise we can only assume you are making it all up. To this date that is what I have been assuming you have been doing.

So as you could imagine you are only coming across as someone who doesn't know what they are talking about as you refuse to back up anything you say with any actuall evidence. How that makes you look, is it not good.

Do take this as serious critism Paul, as that is how I am dilivering it. This sort of thing is taught to you in High School, why you refuse to reconise the truth of it has baffled me to no end. I don't claim to be the smartest person on the planet but I do know at least that.

22. JEDIPAULAW

Dec 7, 2000
    Ok here I go, it was from ( the quote that is) Episodeonewasntanygood, thats his name on http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2595464&page=1

23. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Ahh, so you are only reciting anothers oppinion. I read through that thread ages ago. No one on that thread really convinced me that TPM menace was a bad film as they were only voicing their own oppinions for the most part.

24. MrNeech

Nov 27, 2000
    I think that if JediPaul believe's his 'opinion' is the end all and be all, then he should put his money where his arrogant little mouth is and write a better film! I double dare ya!!

25. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    I doubt he will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.