San Joaquin, CA Serious Matters

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by MotherPalpatine, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotherPalpatine Jedi Master

star 4
    Due to recent events I have given this post much thought. Yesterday I was sent a private message to go and look at a couple of Boards. One contained a link to an area that had a nasty post about one of our members. The second was a Fan Force Board where again a post was made that, although we were not named, was aimed at Barry and myself. It is my impression that the main reason for this post was to take a shot at us but I'm sure that would be denied. My first impulse was to respond directly but that would have only degraded me. Yet, with all of this happening and knowing that others read these boards I felt something must be said.

First response to the implication that I wore a T-Shirt that promoted "self-abuse" of Wookiee's (Thank you for pointing out the spelling errorbg) If you would bother to read our posts, which I know you have, you would see that Wookiee Whacking is the name that we have given to our sabre practice. It began as a joke when a post was made about our practice and a non-member responded that she never got to whack anything. I responded that if she brought a stick to Disneyland she could whack our Wookiee. -I will explain. Our Wookiee is one of our fovorites to work with because he is so flexible. Thus the Wookiee whacking jokes began. It has been pointed out to me that this group also has a wookiee whcking joke. Perhaps they are not talking about sabre practice. We also announce sabre practice as Wookiee whacking. Again, read our posts.
    Personal attacks on hair color? No it was not mustard. He or she that has not had a "hair accident" which includes coloring and/or perms, or bad cuts; you may throw the first stone.
    Costumes at Disneyland. One of your members enjoys bragging about a friend that sneaks in to DL in complete Jedi except for the lightsabre. We had the lightsabre in plain view. One of your members has bragged about going into DL in complete Han, except for blaster. One of your memebers even produced a post by a DL employee that said once you get past the gates DL really doesn't care. (Stepping aside to be catty which I freely admit to at this moment,) perhaps this has more to do with your not being able... no I won't go there.
    If you wish to call me an idiot, feel free to do so. It only shows how low you are. Also, do it to my face, otherwise it is just cowardly.

Now that I feel better and have responded to the hate-mongers I want to say that this should end now. I don't care what these people have to say about me or us anymore. Sadly it is only a few of us that is the target but it will reflect on the whole. Right or wrong I felt a need to post this in the open. I will not play victim but I will not go about attacking either.

I do not want to see personal attacks on this board. That only lowers us to their very sad, pathic level. And not just to this other group but to anyone. I am probably walking in the mire with them now but I feel that this needs to be said. (After this I will raise myself up again.) If you want to say something nasty about someone then do it with a private message and just send it to anyone you want but please keep our boards clear of these things. (I know human nature.) There have been some terrible things said about members of our group but we will keep it private.
    These others will most likely take offense at what I have said. I expect more hate to be spread around but I want all of our group to remember; these people that attempt to hurt us will only have it come back on them ten-fold.
    Conduct ourselves with dignity. We will only be the better. And I will again repeat: I will not be a victim, but I will no longer bring this to our forum. There are other things I can do and I will.

I know that a couple of others of our group feel a need to voice what they have been feeling during this troubled time and I support them in this as long as they do not resort to name calling, abuse, or bad language. I do understand that the pain is great on all sides.

For me, this is now over.

Bette

I expect no re
  2. Liz_Skywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    i know you are expecting no replies, but i have one.

"YA NEVER KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO!!!! YA NEVER KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO!!!" - Tom Cruise on his last Oprah Winfrey Show appearance.

i don't know all of the particulars (don't want to), but i have read it ^^^.

the following is my two cents.

do not return anger for anger, nor hate for hate. and do not imagine that it is a person (*person*) who is your enemy. it is evil that is the enemy; it is hate that is the enemy; it is the desire for retaliation that is the enemy. it's ok to hate the anger. it's ok to hate the hate. but love the angry. love the hateful. in doing so you will reap the benefit.

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to suffering."

"Through mindfulness, one needs to recognize evil and not let it have its way. There is no need to become evil - to join the dark side."

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby becomes a monster."
  3. derekm001 Jedi Knight

star 1
    What Liz said ... [face_not_talking]

What's with all the Drama.... I just want to have FUN.

See you all at WOOKIE WACKING on saturday.... oh, where is it this weekend?

4. xdarthsmithiousx Jedi Master

star 3
    yes, Liz has a great point. Let me just say that I think EVERY member of our group is awesome. I think each person is great in their own way. I couldn't imagine being in the group without each member's quirks to enjoy. Bette's excitement and Barry's sense of humor, Cheryl's sarcasm(a compliment, not a diss), and Derek's joy for all thing figurine-like. Just in general, I love hanging out with ALL of you at meetings/whookie whacking sessions(hahahha), and I really hope nothing that anyone ever says gets to any of you. All right, that's enough sissy-ness from me for the night-Jerry
  5. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    <blink blink>

decided to give myself a break last night from all soul-oppressing childish B.S. and did not even go online, just hung out with My Tallest. had a very pleasant evening, and even got to bed before the ***crack of dawn, without feeling like i was going to be violently ill at human stupidity and meanness.

what a lovely change of pace!

trying not to fall into the usual pattern of feeling like *I* have failed somehow just because i have allowed myself to be so very disappointed by other people's behavior. i try so very fiercely to think the best of everyone, i know we are none of us perfect, and i am usually willing to forgive just about anything. it takes a lot to make me give up on people, it's not my nature to do so. but disappointed i am, and give up i have. i'm just tired of it. sorry, not my faliure as a person, but yours. i watch, make my own decisions; it's not anything anyone says about you, but your own behavior that will make me turn my back on you. and so i have. and if i have to keep reminding myself that it's not my fault, there's only so much i can do, so be it. i'm done.

sticks and stones, indeed.

6. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry to hear there's been tension, and that the Wookie Whacking comment got you guys in trouble. Unfortunately, I can see how it would be taken "wrong" out of context, since the term DOES sound a lot like a euphemism for...er...self-pleasuring. I can see how someone who has no idea of the saber-practice in-joke could see it the wrong way when on a t-shirt out in public. But that is clearly a matter of a misunderstanding, and I'm sad it came to bite you guys. Had I known it was going on a t-shirt, I might've PMed and asked, "Um...are you sure you want to use that?"

I know it's been used totally innocently on the boards, so I get the joke.

Anyway, that was my lame attempt at saying...I'm sorry that happened. And I hope things improve for you all.
  7. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    no fault of yours, milady. you aren't to blame for anything, and i think i can speak for all of us when i say that we all have a wicked sense of humor. as you said before, that's what's so cool about fandom, is that most of us are bright, fun, creative, cool people.

yeah, in retrospect putting it on a tshirt may have been a bit of a faux pas, but it wasn't meant to be lewd, just a fighting group in-joke. i'm just sorry that someone chose to maliciously use it out of context. nothing for you to feel bad about.

cheer up, we still love you! [:D]

8. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    :) :) :)

I'm just sorry the shirts went over badly, is all.

Ah well. It's in the past, right? Whatever doofus enjoyment people got out of commenting on the shirts will simmer down on its own, if left to fizzle. People have short attention spans.
  9. The-Bald-Wookiee Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ditto.

(Hey Darb, shouldn't it be the Emperor's Forehead Crack of Dawn?)

All I can think to add is:

'A'ole hiki ke 'alo a'e

-----

Aloha nui loa! :cool:
  10. Ultimate_Mamas_Boy Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm keeping this short so to not start out with a thank you to all and finish with swearing and bringing skeletens out of the closet(one's that are just barely decomposing). So I'll stop with the thank you. BRAVO to you all.We are bigger than they and we got's us a wookie to whack.
  11. mileniumhanandshrimp Jedi Knight

star 3
    < (Hey Darb, shouldn't it be the Emperor's Forehead Crack of Dawn?) >

[face_laugh] indeed it should. wish i'd thought of that, but i don't feel too swift at 0730 any more, and neither do you, laughing boy. so there. [face_hypnotized]

< All I can think to add is:
    'A'ole hiki ke 'alo a'e >

yeah, that's easy for you to say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.