main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serious problems in Chile about threads

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by PatttyB0123, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I was not so sure if make this thread in the communications are, but because this is a the Fan Force communications I decide to make the thread in here.

Thank you.

Well, this is a going on problem in Chile with a VIP.

Several days later a use made a thread about the Episode III.. well the thread was locked and a VIP made a new one similar. Then I PM him (VIp)why? and that I was confuse about it. The VIP PM me back not explaining me anything. Just he said- Keeping everything under control and thank you.

Now I notice that I see some posts in our threads from him making almost fun about our threads. I am might wrong in this part, so I am apologizing. He might post in that way, but some users are starting feeling bad about his style.

Hmm one user made a thread about a birhtday and his thread was locked because the VIP wanted them to post in his thread? Now I don't have any clue about what is going on? Please asked them to show their PMs from the VIP.

Is any rule in the Fan Force where you can't make a thread about your friend birthday? In the JCC we do so I was wondering.

Also is any rule that users have to post in the VIP's threads is not their threads get locked?

Please any one who speak Spanish, in here read the PM where the VIP almost obligate (I think?) them to post in his thread.

I am aplogizing for this thread, but I am trying to understand what really is going on and help there.

Please any mod except Spike. I value Spike, but I thing this problem have to see by another mod.

Please I don't want to get in trouble. I am just trying understand the Fan Force rules, and I hope that I am not upseting anybody else. :(

This is the last link got locked.
    FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS MERY PADME

Thank you and I am sorry.

2. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Each individual FanForce has their own rules about the types of threads that can be made. The other locked thread in the forum (at least on the first page) are trailer threads, re-directed to the E3 threads.

What is the problem with the VIP there? It seems that he is only keeping his forum cleaned up. I'm unsure about the birthday thread, but everything else seems to be on the up and up. (Yes I do speak/read Spanish). If you don't wish to post it here send me a PM so I can look into this furthur.

3. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you Jedi_Dajuan :)

edit: I think that somebody from there is going to PM you.

4. anakin777

anakin777 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2004
    hello, i came here to ask the same thing as Patty. can somebody force you to post in their thread and lock another one to accomplish that? thx in advance for the help.

5. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    I am hurt that this problem was not sent to me immediately. If there was some issues with the CR, it should have been directed towards me.

How FF works is that the CR has the responsability to run the day to day operations of the forum. He/she can redirect people to official threads and send for the RSA to lock redundant threads. That is his/her job, to keep the forum clean and tidy and running fine.

However, if the userbase decides that the CR is not performing up to standards, it is their prerrogavite to call for an election and elect a new CR.

Spanish summary:

El trabajo de el CR es manejar el board dia a dia. El CR puede mandar a cerrar threads y redirigir a threads "Oficiales" de el foro para mantenerlo centralizado y limpio.

Por otro lado, si el grupo siente que el CR no esta haciendo su trabajo, pueden convocar elecciones y elegir un CR nuevo ya que este es un puesto democraticamente elegido.

Espero que toda esta situacion se arregle con mas comunicacion entre los miembros de Chile, incluyendo el CR.

6. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I am sorry Spike I think that group did not meant to hurt you. This is why I PM you after I heard the whole thing.

I am apologizing for them.

Thank you for the thread you made in the Chile boards where everyone is given their ideas.

Lo siento Spike por el grupo que no te mando un PM antes, por eso te mande un PM y te comente. Ademas gracias por abrir el thread en Chile donde todos pueden hablar hacerca del problema.

Gracias. :)

7. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    No hay problema. Recuerden todos los fans de Chile (y de toda America Latina), que si quieren formar un grupo local (ya que Star Wars Chile esta basicamente centralizado en Santiago) lo pueden hacer. Por ejemplo, hay un foro de Cuidad de Mexico y otro en Jalisco. Los capitulos de FanForce usualmente son por ciudades, no por naciones enteras. Si en un futuro suficientes ciudades de Chile crean su propio grupo se puede hacer un foro general de Chile y multiples foros de ciudades como FanForce Santiago, ect. Si alguna persona quiere crear su grupo local, solo necesitamos 2 o mas personas de esa misma localidad que apoyen la creacion de el foro.

8. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you, but I think still some problems. I think? :confused:

Please read this link. I am totally confuse about what is going on.

thread

9. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    As I said via PM Patty, any of the members of FF Chile can forward a message to me (English or Spanish) and I'll re-post in the OFH for further discussion (and translation if needed). As long the word ?Chile? appears in the title or body, I?ll figure out the rest. ;)

~H~

10. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you DarthJurist I talked to them. Hopes they PM you. Sorry I was not looking in this board and I missed your post.

Thank you for your help. :)

11. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    I am apologizing once more but now we are having new problems again.

A new board call Providencia deleted a thread from a user, because the user posted in another board. According with the Providencia group any one who post in Chile boards breaks the rules from the Fan Force in providencia.

Is this allow from a Fan Force group to delete threads from a user just because a user post in another board or boards? I think that VIP allowed?

12. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Patty, I assume that you've contacted Spike about this first. He was on a business trip last week and should be checking in very soon, so he'll be able to respond shortly. I'll leave him a note as well.

~H~

13. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Yes I did long while ago. I know is gone now :( I PM him two days ago. I just found the problem last week, but I was working and I did not have enought time to post or PM anyone.

Thanks DarthJurist :) and sorry. [face_blush]

14. --MERY_PADME--

--MERY_PADME-- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2003
    Queridos amigos

Con un rostro muy triste me dirigo a ustedes, para dar a conocer todas las injustucias y los errores que han cometido conmigo.- Yo pertenecía al fan club starwarschile, este a su vez se dividió en dos; Alianza Rebelde y starwarschile propiamente tal.- Como miembra del club !alianza Rebelde" se me negó por completo el hecho de que posteara en el foro de starwarschile, porque decían que daba incapié para que los de starwarschile se metieran en nuestro foro, en resumen, se me negó el derecho de postear donde yo quiera.-
    En segundo lugar,como yo no obedecí a esa "ley" (que es absurda)tuve una serie de percanses, lo cúal, me afectaron bastante, entonces decidí solucionar de raíz el problema y renuncié a la "alianza Rebelde", pero ahora nació un nuevo problema.- Como yo ya no soy miembra del club, se me borraron todos los topics que hice ¿Porque? porque según ellos, SOLO, Y EXCLUSIVAMENTE LOS SOCIOS DEL FAN CLUB ALIANZA REBELDE, TIENEN EL DERECHO DE HACER UN TOPIC, los que no son socios, NO TIENEN DERECHO.- Luego de una conversación con una directora del fan club, se me ANUNCIÓ LA DECICIÓN YA TOMADA POR ELLOS, la cúal, era que me borrarán los topics, y en ningún momento me preguntaron si yo quería q me los borraran.-
    He hablado con Patty sobre el asunto porque me parece el colmo que se niegue a postear en otros foros, por las razones de que los dos bandos están enemistados, pero no por eso se quitará la LIBERTAD para postear en todos los thread (hay testigos que me acompañaron una reunión de la alianza Rebelde y estuvieron ahí cuando se nos prohibió).- Lo otro que encuentro incoherente, es el hecho de que se me prohiba completamente el hacer foros, porque NO soy miembra de un club.- Creo a ciencia cierta que el foro y los fans clubs son cosas paralelas, pero en este caso, las mezclaron de muy mala manera.-

Le doy muchas gracias a Patty por ayudarme y decir lo que estaba ocurriendo, ya que, ante nuestros ojos es inaceptable

Saludos a todo el board

Atte

--MERY_PADME--

15. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Hi got a PM from the VIP from providencia telling that Padme left the group in good terms and nobody tell her anything plus I was told no bother them anymore. Sounds too me like a warning? :confused: Little bit. I might took the PM in the wrong way from the VIP. I am apologizing.

16. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm here. I am really getting tired of this drama. I'm contacting the parties now.

17. PatttyB0123

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank you Spike. I am tired too. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.