main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serious scenes that make us laugh

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by The___, Apr 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    "I love...the way you work it...no diggity..." as a suggestion, and now I keep getting that in my head when I see it"

LOL!!!! [face_laugh]

2. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Ohh, now you're gonna be thinking of that during the scene ;)

3. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003
    "Prepare my shuttle. I will go to Lord Vader and apologize."

(Wonder how many on that ship were thinking "He's a goner..." )

"Apology accepted, Captain Needa."

(See? :D)

"Are you an angel?"

(Wonder how Padme felt getting a pick-up line from a nine-year-old?)

4. DarthRandolph

DarthRandolph Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2003
    when artoo gets zapped by jawas in anh and plomps to the ground i love his whistle in that scene. when yoda says youre wepons you will not need them cracks me up when vader says if this is a chancelor ship where are the ambasador i also dig obi wans nnnnnnooooooooooo in tpm

5. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's always funny when R2 falls over. [face_laugh]

6. JK33

JK33 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    In ROTJ--when Palpatine arrives--all the stormtroopers, scout-troopers, etc., are assembled, awaiting his arrival, yet there's one stormtrooper (in the lower right hand corner) who has his head craned towards the ceiling, and is eyeing all the sets around him, almost in awe of what he's seeing. I guess I'd be doing the same.

7. Rogue_Solo

Rogue_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2001
    Luke getting fried in RotJ always cracks me up.

8. Jedi-Sith-Hybrid

Jedi-Sith-Hybrid Jedi Youngling star 1

May 14, 2002
    When Vader says "What?!" when his wingmen get shot at in the Death Star trench.

Confused Sith Lords are so funny.

9. Darth_Shade

Darth_Shade Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    "Only Imperial stormtroopers could be so precise"-Obi-Wan
    "The plans are NOT in the main computer"-Random Stormie it seems like the stormtrooper bet Vader they wouldn't find the plans

10. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    I always laughed at a scene near the end of ANH. After the explosion of the Death Star, the camera cuts to Darth Vader in his TIE fighter. He is shown regaining control of the ship, and then the last we see of him is the TIE quickly heading off into the unknown. This scene just strikes me as being funny, probably because Vader is out by himself, probably furious with Tarkin for assuming the Rebels were not a threat. I always wondered where he went following the Battle of Yavin.

11. renx215

renx215 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2002
    Funnier then palp saying "He will come to you", is Vaders shocked reply "He will come to me?" Like vader is thinking to himself, "Damn its really going to be that easy!".

12. Krede

Krede Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I always laugh when Ackbar in ROTJ says 'We can't repel firepower of this magnitude' and makes a gesture with his hand, and the fin wobbles and it's so obvious that it's rubber.

13. Attack_of_the_Ewoks

Attack_of_the_Ewoks Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 8, 2003
    Anything w/ Ackbar = comedy.

14. tommypie

tommypie Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2003
    id have to agree with that scene where that pilot guy says "2 fighters against a star destroyer?" - cracks me up every time.

also in rotj on endor when threepio, artoo chewie and co fall out of the net and are surrounded by all the ewoks and han says "well why dont you use your divine influence and get us out of here!" his face during that line is so warped and demonic...

as people are mentioning amusing aotc scenes my fav is when anakin and padme are on that planet as refugees and they're going up a massive stair set and artoo is struggling to make it up them. then later i think they'e in some room and theres a shot of artoo at the bottom of some stairs going up to the room - you know hes thinking "i can't be bothered to go up those steps aswell!!!"

15. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    And of course, "You rebel scum!" is always worth a laugh.

16. Seven_Leia_Burrito

Seven_Leia_Burrito Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2003
    When c3po gets shot into pieces.

And when Luke is trying to land on Dagobah.
    "All the scopes are dead, I can't see a thing! I'm going to start the landing cycle..."

Heheheheh.

17. OutlawYoda

OutlawYoda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    The scene in ROTJ, on Endor when Han throws one of those explosives at that Imperial officer sending him flying...
    I always found the Emperors face when he says "If you will not be turned...You will be destroyed!" to be very funny

And when Luke is getting shocked and it looks like hes smiling! hehehe!
    Luke: *laughing* Father please!! HAHAH!!! HELP ME!! HAHAA!!!

.......is that how he turned into the Joker?

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    The scene where Yoda says he'll forever sleep. He was just so cute!

19. President-JarJar

President-JarJar Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2003
    There are just WAAY too many to post I suppose... I love Star Wars and certain scenes just crack me up...

Here are some of my favorites-

The Emperor says -"Your faith in your friends is yours!"

"Don't get Cocky"

"You Rebel Scum!" [face_laugh]

"No!! That's Not True!!! That's IMMMPOSSSSIBLE!!!" ...the look on Luke's face and his lip movements are jsut PRICELESS... [face_laugh]

"It is your DEStiny"

"ABSOLUTELY Your Worship!" -Han Solo [face_laugh]

I also think that funny looking guy with two hammy cheeks that is on the Millinium Falcon with Lando in ROTJ is Hillarious! :p

Also, Admiral Ackbar! :p

....And Many, Many More......

20. metaforcesaber

metaforcesaber Jedi Master star 2

Oct 13, 2002
    In the Cantina, when the Storm Troopers walk over to Han and Chewie's table, I think the look on Takeel's face is hilarious. Cracks me up everytime.

*goes and digs up his Takeel appreciation thread*

21. Toshistation

Toshistation Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    I have to say one of the most supposed serious momments that comes off as funny is when right before the battle of Yavin Han says " may the force be with you" It just sounds like he's being forced to say it hehe

Oh and who can forget Luke's plea to his Uncle " But I was going to the Toshi station to pick up some power converters" By far Luke Skywalker's most annoying teenager voice hehehehhe

22. Darth_Nabb

Darth_Nabb Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 10, 2003
    I love when the Emperor says "Oh, I'm afraid the deflector sheild will be quite operation when your friends arrive." Particularly the "Oh, I'm afraid" part, hilarious!

I also love the way Vader is standing after he chops off Luke's hand, he's just like staring there sort of in a mid-swing thing staring at Luke, watch it, it's really funny.

That "Waaaah!" thing Vader lets out after Luke chops off his hand is hilarious

Anything with Nien Numb, I especially like "Pteoti"

23. Vader322

Vader322 Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2003
    in AOTC when anikan talks to padme on naboo about sand. "...and it gets it everywhere..."
    you have to listen carefully to hear it. also when leia gets shot in ROTJ han grabbs her tit and jiggles it a bit and you see leia smile (what is SW rated again?) def when DV tells Luke hes his father. if i was DV i would have smacked him for makin such a stupid face. alot of scenes in ANH. they were all mentioned. but the best has to be the emperor with his corny remarks.

o i also thought it was funny in the bespin duel. in the beginning when DV makes Luke fall with one hand, Luke tries to be cool like him with "I'm full of surprises" and tries to fight with one hand losing his saber in 3 secs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.