[Seriously, though] Plans for this game going forward

Discussion in 'Big Brother 5' started by rhonderoo, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I was out of town for most of the weekend, and only did cursory checking in. Not enough to really grasp that everyone is pretty much gone.

I'll be honest, it's going to take some real ingenuity and organization to pick up the pieces, here. I'll be the first to say I could have been on here a lot more, so I'll share in some of the blame for the state of things, but we seemed to have one mod doing most of the posting, and that's a bit disappointing. Everyone from my forum is gone, and from the looks of it, we don't have clear direction on what's going to happen in the next two and a half months. So, is this something that can be salvaged or do I need to join my fellow JCCers and just leave the house? I really hate quitting or doing things half assed, but I don't want to sit around in here when I could be out there, also.
  2. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    I'm from the JCC and I'm still here. they're working on it. Just give them time.
  3. Daft-Vader Jedi Master

star 8
    I am also from the JCC...

I am sure something will be worked out...
  4. NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus

star 9
    This all went down yesterday (or most of it) and we're dealing with it as best we can. We had already come up with a few ideas before SLG stepped down as the host (I don't know if we got around to announcing that, but it's public knowledge at this point) and we're thinking off stuff to do and a timetable (and we have to navigate around this weekend being a holiday). I swear we're talking as quickly as we can.

What we do need, though, is a number - who is still interested for sure and would be willing to commit to finishing it out?

By the way, if you are still interested, please don't post outside the house - give us a night or two to work everything out.
  5. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    Well I know for a fact me, Daft, QGR, and JMA will continue to play. robably Mslanna too, whenever she gets back.
  6. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    With all due respect to the two of you, we're going to have to do a little better here, or it needs to go anyway. And even then, we participants can't do it by ourselves.
  7. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I'm not sure Lanna is coming back from what I saw. I wouldn't think she would be.
  8. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    Well bring in a few people that will be commited I say. Bring Ishtar back. Bring Aragorn back (if they want..)

But let's keep playing.
  9. Daft-Vader Jedi Master

star 8
    What did MsLanna post to make you think she won't come back...?

It could be a good idea to restart the game slightly with all the players who still want to play. (including the evictees...)
  10. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    I think she'll come back, she's just banned for right now is all..
  11. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    If any of us were in the same situation, I'd expect us to not be back. It's not like posting outside of BB house.
  12. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6
    Well I don't know...

But I want to keep playing. And I know others do too.
  13. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    As Nat said, we're really sorry this is getting dragged out. I do promise you we're not neglecting it, but just trying to figure out exactly what to do. Possibly bring some more users in, and a few other things to spice stuff up.

SLG stepped down from running the game very suddenly, and since it had been really her running it (the other three of us had been handling stuff that took a manager's powers, and giving thoughts and opinions).

Seriously, we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
  14. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey, we know you guys are doing your job. We just have to try to do ours, too. :p
  15. MsLanna Jedi Master

star 6
    You have to explain that to me too, roo.[face_batting]
    What's not like posting outside the BB House?:confused:

And if I didn't come back - nope, not gonna happen. Nothing can make me back down. Or something. I don't know how to say this. if I left in a huff now, what would I have prooved? And what would I have gained? And how could I get back at the other involved party - in a ToS-friendly and PG13 way, this time.
    *throws pink pieces cotton wool*

Anyway, I'm like cockraoches - impossible to get rid off.[face_mischief]
  16. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    There have been a hard-core of us posting on a daily basis - getting involved in other people's thread ideas - causing a smidge of drama and irritation for the amusement of the watching public.

Unsurprisingly the contributions from the management has been shocking, however the game is supposed to be about the users in the forum, not those running it. However, the timing of the announcements, games and tasks has been particularly poor, largely because of the short time frames given to do anything (which counts against those not on some form of US time zones).

Can the game organisers tell us how many votes they are getting from the public ? ie if only 3 people are voting us out each week the game kinda loses any impact.

I'm also 100% against bringing in new housemates or even further intruders. It dilutes the game, and makes the efforts that we've put in so far meaningless.
  17. MsLanna Jedi Master

star 6
    I think we didn't couse enough fun and drama. Only when I did, it was too much. :oops:
    God send me temerance...

I also read we are no fun at all.
    We need to do soemthign about that.
    I demand a Fun-Inititaive.

Suggestions:

18. Fun Pun Thread: place for puns.

19. I heard there are people who think puns amusing

20. Joke Thread

21. We could tell joke, or try to turn them into SW jokes or just joke-something.

22. Say Something Mean about the Person Above You

23. Drama, being mean and nobody allowed to freak out about it.

More suggestions welcome.
  24. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    I'm not sure of the potential of the situation with the folks that left, and those of that are still here staying. Nothing against any of us, but just the situation itself is going to present a vacuum of disinterest here pretty soon, I'd bet. Had things progressed naturally, it would be different. It may be savalgable, but malkie's right about the interest from the outside. And not from just one forum, there needs to be more.

Lanna, you and I both know the rules on discussing banned users, or their situations. I'll just say that if I were still head admin, or a mod of this forum, you wouldn't be back. I don't think I've ever seen a contest (or intruder) come back after a situation like yours.
  25. MsLanna Jedi Master

star 6
    I have never seen a situation like mine befor, so I cannot compare.

Oh wait. I think I get it now.
    It was not about me not being back because I decided it, but not ebing back because others decided it. :oops:
    Sometimes I am slow.[face_blush]
  26. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Can the game organisers tell us how many votes they are getting from the public ? ie if only 3 people are voting us out each week the game kinda loses any impact.

I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment, but its well over that - closer to 20 or so so far this week, and more still coming in.
  27. TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master

star 6

Don't remind me of those things....

28. MsLanna Jedi Master

star 6
  29. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    This is a PG-13 board??? :eek:

:p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.