main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC [seriousness] Roll Call

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by RidingMyCarousel, Mar 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Just wondering who all is still here.

And who all is lurking. I know there are quite a few lurkers. So, why not introduce yourself? :)

I'm James, 22 years old and I work at a local Starbucks in inner Charlotte.
    I am a resident Star Wars/Serenity (and Firefly)/Sci-Fi geek.
    And a musician.. and lots of other things to, including jerk, annoying, prudish at times and more (ask Jada, Gregory or Jaime! ;) )

You?

edit: added smileys

ps: had to add the age thing if only to bug Hope and Luis. :p

pps: please don't kill me!

2. starrenite

starrenite Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2005
    Jaime here. I'mmm 20 years old [almost 21?[face_praying]] I'm not going to name where I work XD!! I love Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica [the original one], the Matrix, and yes.. even Star Trek.[face_blush]

I've met James and hung out with him a few times, met Luis, and Gregory. Because they were nice enough to invite me to the Premeire when I first moved to charlotte[:D]

and I really really /REALLY/ want to meet Jada.
    I think that is all I have to say.

3. HanSolo485

HanSolo485 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Heyyyyy
    Im Mark, I'm more of a lurker here, I check the boards quite often lately, but since its been so dead for awhile, havent done much posting...

Im 29, in east charlotte, big star wars fan, musician, (any drummers or singers out there looking to write original music, dont hesitate to message me!) paintball player, roller coaster nerd, and perfectionist of yard work, ha.

Dressed up as Han Solo at the Sith opening at Stonecrest...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm thats about it.

I PROMISE ill try to post more on here!!!! =) =) =)

4. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Me too! :D

*gives James the hairy eyeball for the age remark* [face_plain] :p

OK, I'm Jada. And I have a lot of socks. For those who think I have some weird fetish that I've just announced and that I went and bought out the local Walmart of their entire sock stock I'm not talking about those kind of socks although I do love fuzzy comfortable socks but I'm getting offtopic and I wouldn't want to do that because somebody might get confused and the answer to the question of what is a sock is that it is like a real life "sock puppet" except it is an online screen name and I just can't seem to express myself with one name. </breathe!>

I'm not living in the area at the moment but that will be remedied soon.

And yes, I'm older than all of you <face_geritol>. I saw Star Wars [NOT A New Hope] in the theater in 1977. I spent the entire summer watching it over and over and over again when most of you weren't even thought of much less conceived. [face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I have done a LOT of work with the Tucson Fan Force which is very similar to this group -- a year ago the group had faded from existence and now it is completely revitalized and very active.

So, I'm looking forward to doing lots of stuff with you all when I do get there.

[:D]

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Welcome!

And Han Solo eh? The guy that took the pictures with the girl dressed up as Leia?

And I sing/guitar/bass/piano. :p

And Hope: my parents weren't married until right before ROTJ :p

6. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Check out TK-2970's thread about the new Ohio rollercoaster

You really are trying very hard to get on my bad side now aren't you. [face_plain] :p

7. HanSolo485

HanSolo485 Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    heyyy

Yep the guy who took pictures with the Hoth Leia chick, thats me..... =)

So you sing?!?! What kind of music, maybe i could use your help if your interested...

And yes, roller coaster nerd, lookin forward to carowinds opening back up in a few weeks...WOOHOO

Mark

8. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    hi everyone...what's up??? i'm from south cali, but i'm gonna be in NC for some training for work in april..anything going on then???

9. Darth-Khaos

Darth-Khaos Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2006
    Patrick here. New to the area. Saw SW in theatres in 1977 as well. Fan of Batman, Danzig, Misfits, Slipknot, Thor (comic). Been told I look like someone famous, unfortunately not from SW Universe.
    And try cycling socks! They are the best!

"The dark side is stronger than the light.
    The weak deserve their fate."

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Anything. I'm currently working on a song for a Brittish metal band and my solo stuff is indie pop rock sort of music. Though, I've done some more metal stuff lately (Thrice/Soulfly sort of stuff) and I did jam band stuff at the start of my career. :p

And I remember you from the photos. :p

Poo - when in April?

and welcome Patrick. :D

Hope....

O:)

;)

11. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    actually i talked to my work and it might be may 9th - 11th...i work for United Airlines and their sending me to "Pit U" :confused: ...i think, it's a NASCAR thing...sounds like fun though

12. Boga-the-Magnificent

Boga-the-Magnificent Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2005
    That does sound like a NASCAR thing.

And yes, this is Jada! I'm going to be using my Boga account a bit more since I am going to be the Interim CR for Tucson.

13. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i was hoping to get a few guys from work to go with me(my work won't let them go)...but sadly i will be all by myself

14. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    Weird, what a coincidence. I spent practically all day applying job searching and applied to a few airlines. American Airlines and AirTran Airways were the only ones I could send an application to. I'm not 21 yet so United Airlines won't hire me. :(

But that's cool that you're going to be coming to Charlotte on business, Pooh. Hopefully we'll all have an event going on.

15. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    i believe we hire at 18...but the only depts hiring right now is flight atten. i think (but you have to be 21...to serve drinks) i'm sorry

16. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    I applied for a flight attendant job and it clearly stated that I'd have to be 21 years of age to qualify. I did the application anyway and put in my birthday and it said at the end that I do not meet the requirements because of my age. :(

17. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    when do you turn 21

18. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    October 21st.

19. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    you can also go to you nearest airport(CLT probably) and get a app there...appy for any job, then transfer when you turn 21

20. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    Yeah, I checked the CLT website and got nothing because I had already looked at all the major airlines websites already. I applied to be a customer service agent for American Airlines, and a Flight Attendant for AirTran Airways. I'll just see where it goes from there and if they hire me then maybe I'll be able to get a job easier with United after I turn 21.

All I know, is that I want to travel.

21. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    actually go into the airport...they have hard copies...

22. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    Okay, next time I have a day off of work I'll stop by the airport. Thanks a lot for the help. :)

23. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
  24. starrenite

May 17, 2005
    and I might be at the Cocacola 600, as well. My dad has two jobs and one is for NASCAR.

25. Darthsuperbatpooh

Nov 29, 2002
    that's cool...maybe i'll meet him at "Pit U"...doubt it :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.