Jedi Serra Keto costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by colesearr, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin
  1. colesearr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hey... I've been looking around for a female Jedi costume to be, and I came across Serra Keto, who was designed for the Episode 3 video game. I think she has a really cool look, and I love the two green lightsabers.

I was wondering if anyone has done this costume, or knows someone who has. I looked around for a while and saw nothing on her, but she seems pretty simple if you just go piece by piece. The biggest issues I think would be her gloves, because they appear to have buckles all the way up them.

As far as I know, she's only in the video game... but I may be wrong. Does anyone have any reference pictures of her from elsewhere, or have any tips to get started on this? I have no deadlines.
  2. ShadowOfThePast Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I believe she is in AOTC battle at geonosis, or at least I think its here, I see some jedi wielding two lightsabers so It might be her and might not be.

Shadow
    ~Fear not your waking enemies, trust not your sleeping allies.
  3. Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

I wish I could help you....she was actually one of my backup halloween costumes...if you play the ep II game in versus mode you can catch her at different angles...that's the only real reference I've found...I'll keep looking, she's a badass.
  4. colesearr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Yeah, I've pretty much decided that I'll have to play with her in the game to see anything. Her outfit looks simple enough... just lots of different pieces and layers. Anyone have a good suggestion for the sabers? I dont think FX has the green...

Let me know if you ever start working on her again!
  5. Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

I remember force fx used to have a green.
    I saw them advertised once...
    chances are you'll have to buy them separately...and for alot of money...you could try constructing your own...
    you did say you had no deadline.
    :D
  6. Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Actually, the new Luke ROTJ MR FX saber is out now in some areas.
  7. colesearr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Ohh, there's a new one? Is it available online, and do you have a link?
  8. Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

I knew I had seen it somewhere, but since it said something like, "currently unavailable" or "not in stock" I figured it was old, and discontinued....

but..good to know....

must find.
  9. grumpydevil Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Serra Keto is indeed a cool character and in the Multiplayer mode of ROTS, she kicks some major ass. Those two green sabers are excellent against the slower (but more powerful) characters. She's got some good moves too. When I get my second EL saber, I want to learn how to perform some of those. My friend and I rented the game and we were fighting for hours until my wife joined in, chose Serra Kato and promptly wiped us out. It was infuriating! :p

She'd be a cool looking Jedi to model a costume after though. I hope you make it and post photos!

This is off topic, but the biggest problem with that mode of the game is the trash-talk. Mace Windu says stuff like "You're my opponent? Is this a joke?" and "I will strike thee down with great vengeance!" Serra Kato's is (imo) the worst: "Are you ready to be smacked down?"

-Kyle
  10. colesearr Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hahahaha, I KNOW. Everyone else's I can deal with... but Mace Windu's bug me, because they're so like... Sam Jackson in an action movie. Like Shaft or something.

And I laugh EVERY time Serra is like, "Are you ready to be smacked down?"

Poor character. She gets so little time to be heard, and this is what they give her to say.

I'm still waiting on them to pick up her character for a comic or book in the EU. I'm baffled that they havent, with her placement in the video game... (you'd think they would have orchestrated that with the Episode 3 book...)

It has to happen to every tiny character sometime, right? That's the beauty that keeps this fandom alive.:)
  11. Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

apparently, Borders, the bookstore, for some reason is selling the rotj luke lightsaber...and from nov. 3-6th, you get some % off of ONE item.
    someone got it for $83.99 plus tax....
    SO, I suggest, you take advantage...I am...
  12. Master_Byrd Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've seen them on eBay.
  13. The_Clone_Emperor Jedi Youngling

star 1
    [color=006699]For your reference, Serra Keto makes an appearence in the recent Clone Wars Adventures Volume 4 by Dark Horse Comics. The art is based on the heavily stylized Clone Wars animation series, and could prove a useful resource.

Be well,
    Thomas[/color]
  14. Doc_Bev Jedi Knight

star 5
    It's exclusive to Borders this time around, but it's been hard to find in stock. I'm hoping stores will start getting some more for the holiday shopping season as I missed out on getting mine.

~Doc_Bev
Moderators: Briannakin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.