main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Servants of the Empire #4: The Secret Academy

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi Ben, Sep 28, 2015.

1. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    All I know is next time I'm desperate to solve a storytelling problem, odds are against me being so lucky.

Darth Pipes, LelalMekha and Taalcon like this.
  2. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    Wait, what? That info's already been added to the "Behind the scenes" section of Hux's Wookieepedia article, within just half an hour? The hell?

Eh, I was bored. Aaaaaand I may have already given his BTS a beefing up within the last couple of days. It required me to compare him to Hitler. Doing that made me feel like I was losing an online argument to him.

LelalMekha likes this.
  3. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Really enjoyed the article and the background that it provided.

4. Cappy97

Cappy97 Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005

Is there a chance these may be collected in a hardcover volume or boxed set?

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    No idea at present Cappy, but you can get 'em for around £5 per book at most.

6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Okay I finally got around to reading this series, and have to say, it basically lived up to the hype. I thought it had loads of great characters, and I thought Jason did a really great job fleshing out this little corner of the saga, while throwing in some key ties to Rebels and TFA. If I had to rank them it'd be 3>2>4>1. Not that I didn't enjoy grav-ball, but it wasn't as gripping as Zare's prolonged deep cover mission; though, I did appreciate how in retrospect it provided groundwork for Zare's approach to battles and command positions.

It's also interesting reading these from a 2021 perspective, how relatively constrained they are due to being developed in that pre-TFA story quarantine. Obviously though being able to draw on Rebels was a huge boon in that regard, but I'd be curious how different these would have been if they were written a couple years later, at least up until the Rebels series finale.