Lit Serving the Empire with the Light Side

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Daneira, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Darth Invictus Jedi Knight

star 4
    And Star Wars is black and white most of the time.

I have no problem with that but I do like villains with some depth even if they are reprehensible. The Vong were redeemable but that doesn't make them bad villains-many of them did heinous things.

Krayt is evil-but he has a motivation that is eminently understandable is another good example.
  2. Ghost Chosen One

star 7
    It's a fact that no one can definitely prove what the objective standards for good and evil are, if they exist. It's a fact that people don't agree on the objective definitions of good and evil.

It's not a fact that they don't exist outside of subjective opinion.

It can't be definitely proven that anyone outside of your mind is real either. But people tend to assume they can trust their mind, that's the path of sanity.

It can't be definitely proven than objective good and evil exist. But believing they are real concepts, that's the path of morality.

Just because people a thousand or two years ago had different opinions on whether or not the Earth is flat or goes around the Sun doesn't mean it was a fact that the ultimate truth of the matter was subjective.
    Last edited by Ghost, Aug 12, 2017
    Sarge and vncredleader like this.
  3. DARTH_MU Jedi Master

star 4
    yep. Nothing you can proven without a reasonable doubt.

e.g. If you look at my avatar, is it red? Is my red the same as your red? Is it a rectangle or a square? Or is it a bunch of triangles?