Amph "Set a Course For Home." Star Trek: Voyager

Discussion in 'Community' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't buy them cause I can never find any Voyager books in stores and the one or two I find seem like a very different Voyager than I knew. I also would love a Voyager's return to sector 001 series and the immediate effect they had on the Borg.

Aside: I have to say I'm impressed that this thread is still going.
  2. Ceillean Force Ghost

star 5
    I didn't even know they were printing Voyager books.
    I collect Star Wars books, but it's extremely hard to buy Star Trek books around here. That's why we love amazon. :p

Anyway, what happens to Tom in the book series? I'm really curious, becaus in the pilot episode, it was said he'd be cut loose once they'd return home.
    I'm guessing Janeway put in a good word?

And what about the Maquis? I mean, according to Starfleet protocol, they should be sent to a penal colony.
    Or am I totally mistaken here?
  3. PetraKenobi Jedi Knight

star 2
    I have a feeling that none of the characters who were Maquis had punishment. Maybe a formal reprimand on their files but no harsh punishment. or it could be that B'Elanna and Chakotay would be let off the hook since they served a more "important" function....then again, I'm just guessing so who knows? :p and since Tom has a baby, surely Starfleet would overlook his past behavior?! but i'm sure Janeway put in a good word for him.
  4. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    (During a segment on The Colbert Report where Stephen is determining if those who claim to have spoken to God have actually done so. One example being judged is a book titled "Conversations with God" which he then cites the following passage:)

'Jesus was teaching the law of cause and effect. It's what might be called the prime law. Somewhat like the prime directive given to Kirk, Picard and Janeway'

Colbert:"Wait a second- Janeway?! That's the smoking gun right there, 'cause only God could love 'Star Trek: Voyager'."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

On an unrelated note- why not think up some snappier thread title quote/comment suggestions, so that this one matches the TOS, TNG, and DS9 threads?
  5. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait, Tuvok is the Titan's security chief? Does that mean he is tactical aswell? Because Wesley Crusher was the Titan's tactical officer.
  6. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Voyager was my first sci fi series,quite a long time ago.

Robert Picardo did a decent job as an actor.

I dont remember anithing special about this show.

How could i even watch it?
  7. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, he's both tactical and security chief on Voyager.
  8. Koohii Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So far, I've only made it through season 2, and I have to say that while the stories are... less than thrilling, there are 2 things the series has done correctly: Jerry Goldsmith's theme, and this is the last major TV show to used real models for their special effects shots. And yes, they did eventually go all CGI, but in the beginning, it's all models done the old fashioned way.
    As far as the characters go... Hate Nelix (I'm sure that's a common opinion), and the Doctor is good for humor relief, but that's about it. Everyone else is pretty plain vanilla. Even the paranoid vulcan security officer is fairly boring. I keep hoping it will improve. Until then, watching this show is more a matter of completeness than interest.
  9. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know THAT, I just meant if he is both on the Titan, what the hell happened to Wesley? lol
  10. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    According to Memory Alpha, Wesley doesn't serve in Starfleet anymore, as he is still a Traveler. He also never served aboard the Titan.
  11. DewbackRider88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah ok, I messed up with the security/tactical thing (dont know where I got that from lol)

But, a deleted scene from Nemesis had Wesley back in starfleet and part of the engineering crew for the Titan. One editors descision is all that stood between him being a traveller and coming back to starfleet lol

12. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    OK, I have to agree with you there - the first three seasons are pretty lame, and I wouldn't want to watch them again, either. Just wait until the end of season three and the start of season four - THEN it gets interesting. Borg and 8472 and Hirogen - I can't stand Kes and Nelix - the first few seasons of STV are really boring. But when Seven of Nine shows up, then it gets interesting. I'd just skip to the end of the third season.
  13. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I remeber episodes in wich the Borg decided too play a simulation game with the Voyager crew,
    the simulation was set int 2.world war france and the borg where the Nazis.Chakotay was an american officer,and Captain Kathryn Janeway a resistance leader.

If i remeber correctly it was a two-parter.

Anybody knows wich episodes i am talking about?
  14. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    Wasn't the Borg...it was the Hirogen.

And later, they take federation holographic technology and make a ship of sentient holograms to slaughter for practice.

15. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah. The Killing Game was a good episode. This episode and Year of Hell are my two favorite Voyager episodes. They are the only time that it actually looks like Voyager spent seven years in the Delta Quadrant.
  16. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thank you.wich season,in case i look up at imdb?
  17. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    No need i found it and thanks:) .
  18. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know...remember that 2 parter with the "Other" federation ship that has abandoned their values to have torturing aliens for power? There was something about shields and Voyager lost theirs and they got THRASHED.

I remember those episodes because it was one of the few times I liked Janeway...she was RELENTLESS in tracking down that mule of a Captain and his pirates. Kind of reminded me of Sisko with Edington in DS:9.

Captains with Vendetta's rock.

Anyway...Voyager took a pounding in those episodes...but then it's prestine next week...that was always a rather troublesome issue with the series.

I had hoped near the finale of the show, the replicators would finally have been exhausted and they would really be "roughing" it. Alas, it was easy street right to the end.
  19. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I remeber once seeing a sci fi series about an Earth starfighter sqouadron fighting some alien race.

One of them was an artificialy created human or something like that.They were criminals recruited,but turned out too be one of the best squadron.

It was a series.

Any idea know wich series was it?
  20. Sinrebirth SWC and EUC Forum Moderator

Manager
    star 7
    I remember those. It reminds me, in hindsight, of the dichotomy between the Galactica and Pegasus.

It was a good episode, no doubt.

I can't recall the name of the episode(s) that included the Time Superweapon. They were amazing. When Voyager rammed it, and time reorganised itself, I was impressed by the ingenuity of the writers. The one time I can approve of time travel. Voyager overused it, sometimes, and other series, such as Charmed and Star Wars, nearly messed everything up with the attempts to make them interesting plot twists.
  21. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    The excellent Space: Above and Beyond, another premature fatality of Fox scheduling. The "Abandon Hope" ace enemy fighter arc was sweet. I also remember loving the fcat that, finally, we have starfighters that can shoot behind them- which makes all kinds of sense in a dogfighting scenaio.
  22. goraq Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Thank you very much,i am sorry for posting it in the wrong thread.
  23. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    I loved that show.

And I truly believe there would not have been a Stargate or Firefly or even BSG without it. It was the first "space" fiction to tackle a more "real" possibility...not utopian or alien...but the real world taking that next step into Space...something I think most productions thought was too bland to attract an audience.

and it's a good thing that enough people saw that wasn't the case, and it was the fault of Fox and their schedule shifting ADD, and their premature "eject" of programs that don't show dramatic immediate viewership.

I had a thread for Space at some point...it's probably back in the locked stuff now.
  24. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, I think B5 was more influential in that regards, though S:AAB was a good step in the right direction. Almost had a Rogue Squadron flair to certain aspects of the show.

(maybe this is would explain why B5 appears in the DVD menus! ;) )
  25. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5