main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Setting A Precedent (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Syntyche, Sep 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syntyche

Syntyche Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2001
    By kind request, I'm re-posting some of my Obi fanfic on the Force boards. Please enjoy. :)

Title: Setting A Precedent
    Author: Syntyche
    Archive: Ask me, please. Just so I know where it's going. :)
    Rating: G, non-slash
    Disclaimer: Star Wars = George Lucas. Not me.
    Timeline: *shrug* Obi's 19 or so.
    Obi-torture with resultant Qui-angst: Mild
    Summary: Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan return from a mission to discover they seem to have set a precedent for arriving at the Jedi Temple ?

Special thanks to Jane Jinn for her delightful comments and advice, and thank you, members of betas_anonymous, for voting this one to the 'save' category.

Dedicated to all Obi-torturers. :)

Setting A Precedent
    By: Syntyche

"Master! Come quickly!"

Obi-Wan Kenobi's frantic call startled Master Qui-Gon Jinn from the light doze he'd allowed himself to slip into. The large Jedi struggled upright on the cushiony flight couch, shoving aside the thin blanket his Padawan had thoughtfully placed over him to ward off the chill of space travel and sending it to a scattered heap on the decking.

"Obi-Wan?? What is it?"

Qui-Gon hurried to the cockpit where his apprentice was leaning forward over the co-pilot's console, peering out the forward window with his light eyebrows characteristically furrowed as his face scrunched in confusion.

"Look," Obi-Wan gestured with a slim hand to where the Temple landing platform was visible. Craning around the curly head of the New Republic pilot, Qui-Gon could see that a small group of people was clustered off to the side of the platform. He noted that a few of them were Healers, and an anti-grav stretcher floated beside them. "What do you think is going on?" Obi-Wan questioned, a worried frown pulling at the corners of his full mouth. "An emergency? Maybe they're awaiting a medical ship, Master - perhaps we should put down elsewhere?"

"I don't know," Qui-Gon admitted, still staring. "But there's Mace, and Master Yoda, as well." He looked to their pilot. "Is this the correct landing platform?"

The pilot's grey-streaked curls bobbed as she nodded. "Yes, sir." If she was annoyed by his lack of faith in her abilities as a pilot, she didn't show it - and she appeared just as confused as he and Obi-Wan. "I've double-checked. This is the landing pad that has been specifically designated for you and Padawan Kenobi."

Perplexed, Qui-Gon exchanged a bemused shrug with his Padawan.

"I suppose we'll have to wait and find out, then," he decided. "I didn't think we caused too much trouble this last mission, Padawan - certainly not enough to warrant this welcome."

"I'll get our things," Obi-Wan offered, tossing his Master an insubordinate smirk as he left for the rear of the ship. You can find out how much trouble we're in, came clearly over their bond. Qui-Gon frowned, but his Padawan was already gone.

Brat, he thought very clearly, and heard Obi-Wan's light ripple of laughter in reply.

The captain set the ambassador-class vessel down with a gentle hiss of the repulsors. Qui-Gon thanked her and strode to the lounge, palming the hatch release. Obi-Wan hadn't reappeared yet, but Qui-Gon was too curious about the gathered welcoming party to wait for his apprentice. As soon as the hatch touched the permacrete, Qui-Gon was ready to disembark, but the welcoming party stampeding up the ramp halted his forward movement. They were already shouting as they barreled into the small lounge.

"It's not this one, it must be the other one!"

"The Ward's ready!"

"Hurry! This could be our best time yet!"

"Ha! Let's see the night shift beat this!"

Qui-Gon jumped out of the way to avoid being run over as the anti-grav stretcher was rushed past. "Excuse me - ?!!" Mace Windu and a Healer were suddenly standing beside him, and Mace was murmuring in a soothing tone words that Qui-Gon couldn't make out.

Master!! Obi-Wan's startled mental cry came just seconds after the party had disappeared into the rear of the ship. The panic in his Padawan's voice was

2. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    This is so good! I almost snorted shrimp up my nose. :)

LOL, it does seem as if Obi-Wan or Qui-Gon always has to be carried back in a stretcher. And Mace Windu's forlorn reaction is priceless. :] At least the padawan braid's okay.

3. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, Syntyche, this was so much better than the beta version! Wonderful ending! I loved the way Obi-Wan said "And if our suffering and angst and torture and torture and torture are for a good cause, then we must shoulder our burden and continue on."

It's for a good cause, Obi-Wan, believe me; the entertainment of thousands of women across the galaxy! ;)

4. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    HA HA HA HA HA

THAT WAS SO~~~~~~ FUNNY!!!!

Love Maces quote "but one of you is always injured!"

<wiping tears> oh I need to breath... LOL

Have you written any other JA fic? could you list them for me here?(if you have) I would really like to read more of your work.

Kim B :)

5. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Very nice, Syntyche! :D

Poor Obi!!! [face_laugh] He wasn't even hurt but they had a whole team of healers waiting for him!!!!! [face_laugh]

Great job!!!!! :D

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    ROFLOL!!! That was great Syntyche!!!! Too funny how getting Obi-Wan to the infirmary has become a competition between the healers. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Do you have more??? :) :) :)

7. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    ROTFLOL!!! [face_laugh] That was SOOO funny! I needed that!

More? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.