main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Setting the Matter Straight (J/J, humor, fluff)- **IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 7/31**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaina_Fel_06, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Oh no, I went home for spring break, i'm in college 4 hours away. But we don't have a good working computer at my house, so i really couldn't review. But I live at Myrtle beach so, i don't have to go on vacation, i just go home.

can't wait for the next post! soon PLeeeeaaasssssseee!

~*Rose*~

2. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **pokes head in**

**bunny hops in and throws clover everywhere**

I kept all the four-leaved ones for myself. :p

3. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    JSF13: [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

Rose: Ah, I see... Well, I'll try to get more up soon! :)

Saber: Well, like I said on my other thread, MY bunny has more four-leafed clovers than YOUR bunny... :p :p

4. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Well, here it is, everyone... the next post... :D

Oh, and before the actual post...

Like a bunch of other authors, I'm debating whether or not to move this to the new forum. Would you like me to:

1) Move this to the new forum and continue posting in two places

2) Move this to the new forum and lock this thread

3) Keep this here and move it when it's complete

Tell me what you think!

On to the next chapter... :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Four

Jag walked up behind Jaina, who was busy tinkering with her X-Wing. ?Jaina,? he said softly.

Jaina jumped and turned. ?Jag! What are you doing here??

Jag searched her face for any sign of animosity towards him. Finding none, he took a deep breath. ?I?m sorry for being so difficult,? he said.

Jaina tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear and laughed. ?Don?t worry about it,? she said. ?I haven?t been the easiest person to get along with either. And I?ll admit it, I did go out of my way to give you a hard time. But I?m sorry.?

?Jaina, I love you,? Jag blurted out. His face turned red. ?I-I?m sorry. I don?t know what came over me. I didn?t mean?? He turned to go, but Jaina grabbed his arm.

?Did you mean that?? she asked, an incredulous look on her face.

?Of course I did,? Jag murmured. ?I?ve loved you ever since I first shot you down in the sims at Ithor.?

Jaina laughed. ?Not the most romantic thing to say to a girl.? She brought her free hand up to caress Jag?s face. ?But I?ve been in love with you since then too. It just took me a lot longer to realize it.?

Jag stared at her. ?What did you just say?? he whispered.

?I love you.? Jaina stared into Jag?s eyes. ?I love you, Jagged Fel.?

Jag was astonished. Never in all of his life had he imagined that Jaina might actually love him. After what he?d seen the night before, he had been sure that she was in love with Kyp. She had kissed him, for Force?s sake! Well, obviously he was wrong. He put both of his arms around her and pulled her close to his body. He leaned down and kissed her gently, almost as if he was afraid she?d break.

Jaina closed her eyes and leaned into the kiss. Pulling him closer, she opened her mouth in invitation.

Jag was stunned. Here he was, kissing Jaina Solo in the middle of the hangar bay in plain view of anyone that cared to see. Thank whatever powers that govern this universe that Han Solo is far, far away, he thought.

Jaina moaned and brought her hands up to run them through Jag?s hair. For the first time in his life, he wished his hair could feel. What would it feel like to have Jaina?s hands on my body? his thoughts trailed off as he broke for air, gasping.

Jaina leaned her forehead against his. ?Wow,? she murmured.

Jag chuckled. ?Wow indeed.? He caught his breath as he stared into Jaina?s brandy eyes, full of love and desire. For him. He closed his eyes and gulped, then opened them again and found himself staring at the ceiling in his quarters, his pillow clutched tightly in his arms.

?Kriff!? he swore under his breath, breathing heavily. He closed his eyes to try and bring back the dream, but all he saw instead was Jaina?s lips caressing Kyp?s face. ?Thanks so much, Kyp. I love you.? Those three words, which should have had him jumping for joy, instead had smashed his world to pieces.

He rolled over and pounded the pillow with his fist. How I wish this was Kyp?s face! he thought. No, Fel, you ingrate, Kyp?s saved your life countless times. And if Jaina loves him, then, well, she loves him.

A tear rolled down his cheek. How ironic that I don?t realize how much I really love her until I can?t have her. She?s not mine, and she never will be, now. His shoulders slumped. The only thing to do now is to go home, he said to himself. Go home and forget that she even exists.

He sat up, meaning to get dressed and then explain to his uncle why he had to go. But something stopped him. Uncle Wedge. Mother?s bro

5. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aah! That was mean, bestest! :p

**taps Jaggie** He's hot and gorgeous, but he's clueless- this is not going well.... :p

Awesome post! :D

6. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    awwwWWWWW poooooor Jaggie! i think he needs a hug! *beams at him energetically* 8-} lol! fantastic post- can't wait for Jag to realize how wrong he is about Kyp and Jaina!

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Thank whatever powers that govern this universe that Han Solo is far, far away, he thought.

Haaa haaa haaa!

That was great! Evil dream post.

Keep it up

and leave it here!

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    look jagged fel, i laugh in the face of your torment (which you brought upon yourself by being so utterly clueless): [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

[face_devil] great job so far Jaina_Fel :D melike [face_mischief] do they HAVE to get together in the end? ?[face_plain] ;)

yeah, yeah, i know...you've been bitten by j/j'itis...they must end up together *pouts*

~TJF

9. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Poor Jag, his poor little heart is broken. All over a stupid misunderstanding. Alright, Kyp needs to come to the rescue and throw them in a closet together, until they get together, or until one of them kills the other. Either way, that would be a very interesting read.

~*Rose*~

10. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Saber: Agree 100% about Jaggie... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] His cluelessness only adds to his overall deliciousness... (don't ask... or do... :p ) Oh, and I love your bio... now we match!!! :D :D :D

j_g: Thanks so much! Oh, it'll be a while, don't worry... :p [face_devil]

TKL: Glad you liked, and I'm so evil... [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil]

TJF: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] ROTFL!!

*faints again*

I STILL can't believe TJF likes one of my fics... [face_blush] [face_blush]

Rose: Poor Jaggie indeed... [face_devil] [face_devil]

11. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    :_| NOOOO!!! I want to start a "SAVE JAG from his EVIL thoughts that Jaina loves Kyp!" petition. This is just too sad for my poor Jaggie. :(

12. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    *faints again*
    I STILL can't believe TJF likes one of my fics...

?[face_plain] why? i used to be a j/j'er...i still read a few...there aren't enough Z/J's for me to just stick to my pet pairing :p :(

bump^

~TJF

13. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    JSF13: [face_devil] [face_devil] Maybe if I give him some chocolate he'll feel better... :p Which reminds me, does anyone else think putting hot chocolate in the SW universe was not a little weird?? :confused:

TJF: You're such an AMAZING writer, and couple that with the fact that I got into the chocolate AGAIN last night and there ya go... :p :p Oh, btw, WE NEED A NEW POST ON ROTJ!!!!!! ;)

14. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    damn...i was hoping that dream was real! come on, Jag! tell Jaina how you feel!

15. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    He suddenly realized where he was and what he was wearing-- or not wearing, to be more exact. Scrabbling madly for the covers, a shirt, anything to protect his dignity, he lost his balance and fell to the floor with a thump. Flailing wildly, his hands finally found the blanket he was looking for and he wrapped it around himself. Oh kriff, I?ve never been so humiliated in my entire life! he thought, squeezing his eyes shut. Please let this be a nightmare? Please please please? Jaina Solo is not in my room, she did not just see me fall out of my bed? She DID NOT see me practically naked?

:p :p :p Jag's naked and embarressed in front of the woman he loves, and naked :p

?Jaina, I love you,? Jag blurted out. His face turned red. ?I-I?m sorry. I don?t know what came over me. I didn?t mean?? He turned to go, but Jaina grabbed his arm.

?Did you mean that?? she asked, an incredulous look on her face.

?Of course I did,? Jag murmured. ?I?ve loved you ever since I first shot you down in the sims at Ithor.?

A few lines later, it's a dream :( :eek: [face_devil] Oh please, make Jag & Jaina get together soon.

~aeryn

16. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I knew it! I was reading that and thinking "Did I miss something here?" and decided that somebody was having a dream. Poor Jag! :_| :_| Stupid boy! :mad: :mad: SHE DOESN'T LOVE KYP!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . .

17. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    Oh yeah, I was poking around starwars.com yesterday and found out they had updated some character bios. Guess who was specifically mentioned in Jaina's bio as having "won her heart"? [face_love] [face_love] It 'official'! :D :D

18. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Oct 3, 2002
    * [face_blush] [face_blush] 'es at Jaina_Fel* i'm not THAT good...but anyway, as soon as i get the post back from JM it'll go up, promise

we gonna see some more soon? i feel like laughing some more ;) :D

~TJF

19. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    thanks for the info, Shiner :D

~aeryn

20. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Lt: Oh, it'll be a while... [face_devil] [face_devil]

Aeryn: Hurrah! A new reader! :D And they will... eventually... I suppose... :p

Shinar: Hehe! Smart girl! I know it, and you know it, but Jag doesn't... [face_devil] [face_devil] :p Oh, and *throws party* It's official!! :D :D

TJF: Ohohoho, yes you are... You want more? You'll get more in five minutes or so... ;)

21. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Well, here it is... :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five

Jaina hummed as she tinkered with her X-Wing in the hangar bay. Messing around with machines had always relaxed her and taken her mind off difficult situations. Force knows I need a distraction now, she thought. I keep thinking about Jag?

She sighed and wiped her hands on an already greasy cloth. Why does he hate me so much? She checked the gauges and discovered that she needed more cooling fluid. Popping the engine cover, she stuck a rubber hose in and began pumping coolant into the appropriate tank. Humming tunelessly, she patted the fuselage of her ship affectionately. Once she finished refilling, she removed the hose and was about to put it up when she heard a voice.

?Jaina?? It was Jag. Startled, Jaina swing around, hose in hand, and caught Jag across the face with it.

?Oh, Sith,? she muttered venomously, her face crimson. ?I?I?m really sorry, Jag. You just startled me, I??

Jag, one hand clamped to his face, waved off her apologies and left the hangar without another word. Jaina watched him leave, then slid down to sit on the floor and cradled her face in her hands. Why do I have to be so clumsy whenever he?s around? she thought angrily. Why can?t I be myself? Why can?t he see something in me besides a bumbling idiot?

She was so wrapped up in her shame and anger that she didn?t notice when someone entered the hangar.

?Jaina?? Kyp knelt in front of the distraught young woman and stroked her hair. ?What?s wrong??

?Oh, Kyp,? Jaina said, raising her stricken face. ?Kyp!? She burst into tears, sobbing and clutching at his shirt.

Kyp took her into his arms ?It?s okay, Solo,? he said. ?Whatever it is, I?m sure it?ll go away, eventually.?

Jaina shook her head against his shoulder. ?It?ll never be better,? she sobbed. ?He hates me!?

Kyp rolled his eyes. Not again, he thought. What is this going to take? Palpatine back from the grave?? ?Tell me about it,? he suggested. ?What happened??

Jaina swallowed. ?Well, I was in here fixing my ship, and I was pumping coolant into the radiator. And?and Jag startled me, and I turned around and accidentally smacked him in the face with the hose!? Bursting into a wave of fresh tears at this narration, Jaina clutched Kyp tighter.

Kyp struggled to keep a straight face as Jaina?s tears soaked his shirt. If she keeps this up, all my shirts will be ruined from too much exposure to saline solutions, he thought wryly. There?s gotta be a sign on my forehead. ?I?m sure it?ll be okay,? he said soothingly.

Jaina sat up abruptly. ?Why do people always say it?ll be okay?? she demanded. ?It won?t, it won?t!?

Kyp held his hands up defensively. ?Okay, it won?t,? he said. ?You?re right. Jag will never forgive you, he?ll have a scar the size of his ego?wait, scratch that?nothing?s that big. Okay, he?ll have a scar the size of his face, and you?ll die an old maid because every guy in the universe will be afraid to come near you for fear that you?ll beat them to death with a rubber hose!?

Jaina stared at him, then began laughing. ?No matter what happens you always make me laugh,? she said. ?You?re my best friend, Kyp.? She leaned against him once more.

?And you?re mine too, Jaina,? Kyp replied. After a few moments, his stomach rumbled and they both laughed. ?What say we blow this kiddy stand and go get some? Well, whatever the substitute for food is on this base??

Jaina chuckled. ?Okay, Kyp.? Standing up, she pulled Kyp to his feet. She laughed when she heard his knees pop. ?Getting old, Grandpa Kyppie??

Kyp lightly smacked her bottom and grinned when she squealed. ?Old or not, I can still whip your tush sparring.?

Jaina stuck her tongue out at him. ?Promises, promises,? she called over her shoulder. ?Race you to the mess hall!? Taking off, she sprinted for the door.

?Not fair!? Kyp called after her. When she didn?t stop, he slammed the door of the hangar bay shut

22. AERYN_SUN

Apr 1, 2001
    I really love this story :D Poor Kyp and his t-shirts. I'm not a Kyp fan but the way you write him, I almost feel sorry for the guy.

So many memorable moments in this fic :D Jaggie was part naked ;)

~aeryn

23. Shinar

May 30, 2002
    ditto :)

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    Jaina turned to face him with a glare. ?I heard that!? she said. ?Why do I have to keep reminding you, Kyp? You get me mad, I have connections. My father blew up two Death Stars, my uncle is the head of the Jedi Order, and my mother is former Chief of State.? She paused. ?And if you think you can take all of them on, well, just remember, I have an aunt too.?

?Which would you recommend: the green plastic-looking meat or the gray mush??

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

that was great!

25. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    hehehe!

I can't wait to see Jag's thoughts on this. hmm... and it probably didn't help matters Jaina walking into the mess WITH Kyp......

-Rogue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.