main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Setting the Matter Straight (J/J, humor, fluff)- **IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 7/31**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaina_Fel_06, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    Lt: We could... But we had this conversation already... :p

Thanks for the ups, TKL and Shinar!! :D

CORRECTION: Postie tomorrow, most likely. :)

2. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    [face_innocent_with_nose]

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    sooo.......are we going to have a postie here or not?

4. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    I'm sorry, Lt!!!!!!! I already told you why there wasn't a postie yesterday... I'm so, so sorry... :_| Definitely a postie today, though. :)

5. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    awesome! ill look for it later.

6. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Look for it now, jj00!! ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Eight

Wedge cradled his head in his hands. He?d never been so embarrassed by one of his pilots in his entire life. And considering the fact that he?d flown with Wes Janson for nearly his entire career, that took some doing.

But Janson had never dressed like a vagabond and barreled into a room of NR dignitaries shrieking at the top of his lungs. No, he?d left that particular scenario to Kyp Durron. And boy, had the Jedi done it with a vengeance.

He chuckled wryly. Still, it was pretty funny to see him like that, he mused. And the Goddess? She?ll never let him forget that. If he weren?t Kyp Durron, I?d feel sorry for him.

The door opened, and Wedge looked up from his private musings. ?Sit down, Durron,? he said.

Durron sat.

?Explain, Durron,? Wedge ordered.

Durron explained.

Midway through, Wedge barked, ?Stop!?

Durron stopped.

?Why exactly were you sitting in a bar?? Wedge asked, wondering if he?d heard correctly.

?Well, sir, uh, I was, uh, well?? Kyp stuttered, wondering if it had been a good idea to let slip he was trying to coerce Wedge Antilles?s nephew to fall in love with the daughter of Han Solo.

Wedge stroked his chin. ?You really think she likes him??

Kyp raised his eyebrows in shock. ?Uh, pardon me, sir??

?You heard me. Do you think Jaina likes my nephew?? Wedge repeated his earlier question.

Kyp smirked. ?Well, unless you don?t think her sobbing on my shoulder about how much she loves him every time she sees me is a good indication that she likes him??

Wedge quashed a grin. ?Durron, I don?t like you. If I had my way, you?d be dead and long buried. But, well, Luke, Han, and Jaina obviously trust you. They say the Force moves in mysterious ways. Frankly, I need you help.?

Kyp?s eyebrows shot up even higher and disappeared into his hairline. ?Excuse me? You, Wedge Antilles, are asking me for help? I am Kyp Durron, you know. Still am.?

Wedge nodded. ?I know it sounds a little strange.?

Kyp scoffed. ?A little?? Narrowing his eyes, he suddenly leaped over the table and pressed his finger hard against the skin by Wedge?s nose.

?Durron, what the hell are you doing?!? Wedge demanded, a little p.o.?d that he?d been knocked out of his seat and his face had been pressed by what appeared to be a Jedi gone mad. ?I don?t do that cosmetic surgery stuff, if that?s what you were wondering. And you could?ve just asked!?

Just then, the door opened and Iella walked in. ?Wedge, I was wondering if?? She trailed off at the sight that greeted her eyes. Wedge was prostrate on the floor with Kyp bending over his face. ?Ummm? I?m not even going to ask, I?m just going to turn around, turn around and walk away, and pretend I never saw this.? She promptly turned and exited, shutting the door behind her.

Kyp got up shamefacedly and dusted himself off. Returning to his former position, he righted his chair and sat down. Taking out his chrono, he noted the time and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, with a groan, Wedge dragged himself up from the floor using his desk as leverage. Picking his own chair up, he sat down heavily and glared at Kyp.

Kyp grinned cheekily and pressed a button on his chrono. ?Impressive, General,? he smirked. ?You?re slower than Han by only 30 seconds.?

Wedge glared some more, then cleared his throat. ?Getting back to business? Are you willing to? er? help me??

Kyp leaned back. ?I still don?t understand what you need my help with.?

Rubbing his temple, Wedge replied, ?Jag has told me he loves Jaina. Jaina told you she loves Jag. But, they?ve both inherited their respective fathers' knack of being absolutely blind to what is staring them in the face. They?ll never get together without a little? shove, you might say.?

Kyp grinned. ?Precisely what I was thinking, General,? he said. ?I?ll help you. Under one condition.?

?Before you ask, no, you can?t have the access codes to the Lusankya.? Wedge smirked

7. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    ?Wedge, what?? Iella came in again and stopped in shock when she saw her husband shaking hands and grinning at Kyp Durron. She slowly backed away. ?When am I going to wake up?? she wondered aloud, then retreated and left the room.

I thought I'd never see the day Wedge Antilles and Kyp Durron would shake hands and actually agree over something [face_laugh]

~aeryn

8. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    AERYN_SUN stole my quote! [face_pout]

fine then, i'll just put my second favourite one in :p

?Are you suggesting that we keep this pertinent information from Mara Jade, the former Emperor?s Hand? Well, Durron, that?s the most intelligent thing I?ve ever heard you say in my life.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] great job JF06 :D well worth the wait ;) (not that this excuses the wait [face_plain] :p )

~TJF

9. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    LOL! I would be a little weirded out too, if i was Iella! [face_laugh] excellente postie, JF06! hehe, Kyp is so weird! loving it!

10. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ?Yes.?

?No.?

?Yes.?

?No.?

?Yes.?

?No.?

?Yes.?

?No.?

?Yes.?

?No.?
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

At least Kyp has some help now! [face_mischief]

11. Twin_Suns_Leader

Twin_Suns_Leader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 11, 2002
    Just then, the door opened and Iella walked in. ?Wedge, I was wondering if?? She trailed off at the sight that greeted her eyes. Wedge was prostrate on the floor with Kyp bending over his face. ?Ummm? I?m not even going to ask, I?m just going to turn around, turn around and walk away, and pretend I never saw this.? She promptly turned and exited, shutting the door behind her...

...Kyp gave a fake little laugh. ?Ahahaha, very funny. Seriously, though. The only way to decide this is to flip a cred.?

Wedge glared. ?Durron, I may look stupid, but I wasn?t born yesterday.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, my word... that was completely hilarious! Great post, JF06!

*falls on floor*

I loved it!

12. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    that was great!!!! nice job there, JF06! i look fwd to how the two conpiritors r gonna get J&J together...

13. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I love how everyone is conspiring to get them together! What dedication to family and friends! Either that or...well...there's nothing else to do. :D I loved that post because Kyp was SOOO funny.

14. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Whoops! I forgot to reply when I saw this earlier.

Kyp scoffed. ?A little?? Narrowing his eyes, he suddenly leaped over the table and pressed his finger hard against the skin by Wedge?s nose.

?Durron, what the hell are you doing?!? Wedge demanded

[face_laugh] That was my favorite part.

Still grinning, Kyp replied, ?You tell Mara.?

The smirk ever so slowly slid off Wedge?s face. ?No.?

I don't blame you Wedge.

He stuck out his hand and shook Kyp?s, the two grinning conspiratorially.

?Wedge, what?? Iella came in again and stopped in shock when she saw her husband shaking hands and grinning at Kyp Durron. She slowly backed away.

That was my second favorite part.

lordmaul13

15. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    OK, that was funny! Everyone already stole all my funny quotes so I won't bore you. Now tell me how are they going to play matchmaker? I want to know.

16. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    aeryn: Glad you liked! :D I personally thought that Kyp and Wedge should get together in the books... I mean, sure, Kyp sucked Wedge's girlfriend's brain dry, and nearly murdered Wedge's best friend, and lied to Wedge's almost-niece-in-law, and lied to Wedge's other close friend (Gavin) and thus lied to Wedge's entire old squadron. Still, that doesn't warrant all the hostility Wedge obviously feels towards Kyp... :p

TJF: You've got more of a wait than I do... :p Thankies! :D

j_g: Yeah, me too... Imagine walking in on your husband shaking hands with his lifelong enemy... *shakes head* I don't particularly like how Kyp is portrayed in the NJO, so I decided to have a little fun... [face_devil] [face_devil] :p

Shinar: That doesn't necessarily mean that Jaina and Jag are going to get together sooner... [face_mischief] Well, think of it this way. When J and J become J/J, the story's over. ;)

TSL: Thanks so much!!! [face_blush] [face_blush] By the way, young lady, WHERE ARE YOU?!?!?!

jj00: Thanks! It won't be easy, I guarantee it... I've got a list made up of all the ways I can delay their getting together. [face_devil] :p

JSF13: [face_blush] [face_blush] Thankies! Yeah, it'ss tremendous... er... dedication, if you will. 8-}

lordmaul: So glad you liked! :D

TKL: *zips mouth shut*

*throws away the key*

*realizes zippers don't have keys*

Well, you get the point... 8-}

17. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    I love this fic... I fell off my chair so many times that I figured it safer just to sit on the floor.... Autch! Seriously, this is great.... Can I post it on my website? .... More? Soon? Please?

18. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    right Jaina_Fel_06, just keep on believing that :D

~aeryn

19. Tara-Ancalime

Tara-Ancalime Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2003
    **runs in**

:D :D :D

**runs back out**

20. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Jeanida: YAY! New reader!! :D :D I'm so glad you thought this was funny! Of course you can post it on your site! Just send me the address, please! :)

Aeryn: I will, thanks. :p

Tara: Glad you liked! (I think... ;))

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    Jag has told me he loves Jaina. Jaina told you she loves Jag. But, they?ve both inherited their respective fathers' knack of being absolutely blind to what is staring them in the face. They?ll never get together without a little? shove, you might say.
    [face_laugh_with_nose]

awesome postie, JF06!

i blame you, however, for the fact that my jaw muscles ache from laughing...

22. Jeanida_Myrishi

Jeanida_Myrishi Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2003
    uppety up up

23. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

absolutly loving this story! So what are Kyp and Wedge going to do? I bet whatever it is, its not going to work out well. or it won't when mara finds out.

~*Rose*~

24. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
  25. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Lt: Thankies! [face_blush_with_a_nose] I'm glad I made you laugh so hard... :)

Rose: Awww, thanks! [face_blush] Glad you liked! I don't know what they're up to... [face_mischief] [face_mischief] :p Well, actually, I do, but I'm not telling... [face_devil]

Jeanida and Shinar, Thanks! :D

I'm sorry I've been such a horrible writer. :_| I'll try to have something up soon! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.