main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SEVENTH ANNUAL GUESS THE OSCARS CONTEST!! (Winner gets colors!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue1-and-a-half, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    What . . . what's happening? I'm not watching it. What's going on?

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    YES!

EDIT: Stephen, Best Picture was presented via satellite by Michelle Obama...

3. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Argo **** yourself!

MrZAP and solojones like this.
  4. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    When's the last time a film won BP but wasn't nominated for Best Director? The ****, Academy? I hate you and love you at the very same time.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh Jesus.

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    An insanely long time ago. I think one distinction was pre-talkie.

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Ok, let's drag out the suspense here. If you want to double check me on your picks, feel free.

solojones = 10 correct

8. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I really need to see Argo, ****.

Seth MacFarlane is now a 90s gameshow host, I see.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    MistrX = 12 correct

10. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    VadersLaMent = 12

11. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Shucks, I had 9.

12. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Todd the Jedi = 10 correct

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    haha yeah I knew I wasn't going to do well because, as I said, I did absolutely no research on the short films or docs and I just sort of sent something off without thinking about it :p

I think the irony of this is that I'm not sure Argo would have won if Affleck had been nominated for Best Director. I mean, it might have, and personally it was my favorite of the bunch (not necessarily the best, I'm not sure. Just my favorite). But as soon as he wasn't nominated, I felt like its chances went up enormously.

14. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Jabbadabbado = 8 correct

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    King_of_Red_Lions = 8 correct

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Lord Vivec = 6 correct

17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Point Given = 11 correct

18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The only best pictures noms that I didn't see were Life of Pi, Amore and Zero Dark Thirty, and of course, Life of Pi cleaned up this year. I wonder if I had seen it if it would have influenced my voting.

What was nice this year is that my local theater played the animated, live action and documentaries that were nominated so at least it didn't feel like blind voting.

19. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    TiniTinyTony = 9 correct

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    And now . . . Michelle Obama to give you the last total . . .

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    So this is why I never win the lottery.

22. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    I loved Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook, but I really wish Wallis had won the award. I've never seen anything like what she did in that Louisiana bathtub movie.

Although I do think Lawrence deserves special achievement award for the graceful way she handled her clumsy fall climbing up on the stage.

23. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    Eeth-my-Koth = 11 correct

24. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    People I was watching with got confused when I started cheering so loudly when Jennifer Lawrence was. I said, "Because it's Jennifer Lawrence. She's guaranteed to do something hilariously awkward." 2 seconds later, she trips. Thank you J-Law for never letting me down.

Point Given likes this.
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Nov 2, 2000
    It looks like it's MistrX and VadersLaMent in a historic tie! They each got twelve of them.