main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Sex, Drugs & Natalie Portman" trilogy cast & crew info...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chad_Peter, Aug 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Hey all,

Just a quick heads up for those of you interested in acting or crewing on the two remaining "Sex, Drugs & Natalie Portman" films. As some of you know, the first two films in the trilogy, "Sex" and "Drugs" have already been completed, but "Sex" is going to be remade with much higher standards (and actors that can act).

The remaining films to be shot are:

"Sex" - the remake

and

"Natalie Portman"

Both films will be shot throughout next year. "Sex" will be shot first in February & March of 2004, while the much longer film, "Natalie Portman", will be filming from April and on until completion. Chris Hanel of Digital Llama Radio and TF.N will be playing the lead role in both the films, but as many as twenty roles will be auditioned for as the end of the year approaches. Crew will also need to be hunted down when the time comes.

Most all shooting will take place in and around Hollywood, although there may be additional shoots elsewhere on the west coast of the USA (as far up as Seattle, and as far east as Denver). If you're restricted to only one area of filming, don't let that keep you from adding yourself to my mailing list.

On that note, anyone who is interested in being involved, please email me at chadpeter@hotmail.com , or Private Message me with your email address to be added to the "Sex, drugs & Natalie Portman" updates mailing list.

The first update will not be sent out for a couple months, but the time has come to get started on serious preproduction.

All involved thus far are fun loving people and filming will be a blast, as usual. We would like to hear from anyone and everyone that is interested.

Thanks,

Chad Peter
    writer/director of the trilogy.

http://sdnp.pond-productions.com -- to download "Sex" and "Drugs"

2. vanpuyer8

vanpuyer8 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2002
    Well I am Dling the 2, I have seen your threads around but never went in. The big crowds scare me. Anyhoo will review later.

SEX - 6-7/10 I thought it was great, although the acting was par. Glad you are doing a redo.

Drug - That was amasing! 9/10 That was so good. A great watch.

3. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    You still want me in on the "Sex" remake, Chad?

4. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    Nope. This is a totally different idea from that initial remake idea from, what...two years ago was it? That was just a reedit idea anyway. This new version wont have any voiceover track.

It's funny that you had remembered that. I had forgotten about that whole thing. Wow. How time flies.

--Chad

5. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    Whoops. Double post. Server's been giving me trouble.

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Heh, blast. Then I'll have to do something else to get a thanks this time around. ;)

7. Ryan_W

Ryan_W VIP star 4 VIP

Aug 15, 2001
    I'd be willing to help somehow.
    I don't think I can do any serious acting though and I probably live quite far away, but if there's any challenging 2D work on the post-production end, let me know.

8. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Remaking "Sex"? Excellent! :D

I can't wait to see both films. I really enjoyed "Drugs", and with that kind of experience under your belt I'm sure the next two will be just as good, if not better! ;)

Any word on the Natalie Portman campaign? If I bump into her while she's here in Sydney, I'll put in a good word for you. :p

9. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Im also interested, I live in the San Francisco bay area, Let me know if you need me. Im also a good editor and if you need any post-production work, Id be more than happy to do it.

10. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    Sounds good, guys -- you're on the list now. Keep the support comin!

Reshooting "Sex" should be a blast. I'm planning on a Super 16mm shoot this time with some Union actors (with the exception of Hanel, who will probably be union soon enough). Rebecca Regan *might* be returning for her role, but that has yet to be seen.

--Chad

11. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    You...

Must...

Get...

Rebecca.

::stares at Chad::

12. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    Chris is getting into professional acting?

13. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    I think he could as a side job. Might not be a bad idea for him to look into it. There aren't that many good NERD actors in Hollywood these days.

...Did I just say that? ;)

--Chad

p.s. -- Believe me, Nate. I'll be doing everything in my power to get Rebecca back on the set.

14. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    And if not on the set, with plane tickets to the Atlanta area.

(Did *I* just say that?)

15. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Dude - you KNOW i'm in for anything you need me for...

anyway,

Nick "I'm a close, personal friend of Mr. Peter - who wants to touch me?" Long

16. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Well, if you are re-doing it in super 16 mm, wow, great, do a remake. And Hanel will certainly be a plus, but...

...well, I really love "Sex" (hahah, did "I" just say that?) the way it is. Won't some of the spontaneity of the film be lost in a remake?

Best of luck, anyway. I'll help by watching it later! ;) (live too far for doing anything else...ever been to the tropics?)

17. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    Well, not TOO concerned with losing any of the original's spontaneity, mainly because I'm writing up a different script -- but keeping the same story (essentially). I love the original for what it was, but I want to take a second crack at it with a older perspective so that I can feel actually proud of the trilogy once it's done. With "Sex" as it is, it's not something I can particularly use on a reel or even imdb. That, and all the music on the original is copyrighted, so I'd have to reedit it anyway (which I'm also doing, so that I can atleast release the original on DVD with the rest of the films).

-- Chad

18. ChrisHanel

ChrisHanel Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 2002
    And Hanel will certainly be a plus,

This time i hope to be able to actually memorize my lines for filming... you'd thing that wouldn't have been a problem before, being one of the two *writers* on the crew.

[sigh]

Oh well, cool to hear the support. On with the show.

-Chris

19. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    why did you have to leave colorado bro? I would be SO in for this if you were doing it here...

20. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    lol, sorry, Dragon. There's still hope for filming in Colorado, so don't be bummed quite yet. We'll see. I'll add you to the mailing list. When the DVD's out, I'll have to send you one so you can go and promote the film to the fanforce. ;)

-- Chad

21. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    Adam Bertocci just filled me in on the news that "Drugs" made #18 on filmthreat.com's Top 25 Hot Shorts. Woot.

The #18 spot

--Chad

P.S. -- Four people have added themselves to the list.... COME ON FOLKS!!!! Where are all the people?!?!?1

22. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Does The Hot Chick with Rob Schneider remind anyone else of "Sex"?

I can be in it if you plan to shoot anywhere in the Texas Panhandle, or nearby...

[face_plain]

23. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    When I think 'sex,' Rob Schnieder is the last thing that comes to mind.

Oh.

Yuck.

24. Chad_Peter

Aug 9, 2000
    I've never seen "The Hot Chick", but when I first saw the trailer, I was like, "HEY, that's my movie!" lol, "Sex" was still better, I'd be willing to bet.

--Chad

25. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Eh...if you ever need a gopher in the Sacramento area, I could hang around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.