main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sex Education in Our School System

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Amidala-Leia, Mar 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ariana Lang

Ariana Lang Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 10, 1999
    Riddle me this: What did that have to do with sex education in the school system??

2. Darth_SnowDog

Darth_SnowDog Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Point being... for those who think that sex education encourages sex... I'm proof that it alone does not.

If you are going to take the benefits of sex without accepting the responsibilities... that is no one's doing but your own.

Courts have already determined on the basis of empirical evidence that music does not spontaneously incite an otherwise normal individual to commit suicide. Nor does sex education spontaneously and consistently incite normal individuals towards having more sex, irresponsible sex or any sex they weren't thinking about having already.

If we blame sex education for creating sexual promiscuity, then we should also have every right to blame the Bible for creating people like David Koresh.

3. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Who the hell is David Koresh? By the way, i thought your post was a great argument. I think most people have watched violent movies at a young age, etc etc ect, yet turn out fine.

4. Darth_SnowDog

Sep 10, 2001
    David Koresh? Remember Waco, Texas? The Christian fundamentalist cult he started... amassing weapons, being a fanatical isolationist and nihilist... claiming himself to be the second coming of Christ?

If Bugs Bunny, Ozzy Osbourne and sex education can get blamed/sued for "influencing" people into doing bad things, the families of the victims at Waco (Not to mention the families of murdered abortion doctors, Native Americans, descendants of those murdered in the inquisitions, etc. etc. etc.) should be able to sue the Church (as primary publisher/distributor of the Bible) on the same grounds.

5. Ariana Lang

Oct 10, 1999
    God...

The Bible does not create people like David Koresh. If the Bible didn't exist, he would have found some other belief to go half-cocked psycho on. And if no religion existed, he STILL would have found something to go psycho on. This has nothing to do with religion -- this has to do with wanting power and using a way to get it. (And being completely crazy along the way)

And since when was Bugs Bunny blamed for anything? Because he dressed up as women sometimes? Well, so did Jack Lemon.

6. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    speaking of dressing like a woman, i reccomend it to all the guys on halloween, the times i have done it i have gotten mad chicks

7. Darth_SnowDog

Sep 10, 2001
    The Bible does not create people like David Koresh. If the Bible didn't exist, he would have found some other belief to go half-cocked psycho on. And if no religion existed, he STILL would have found something to go psycho on. This has nothing to do with religion -- this has to do with wanting power and using a way to get it.

And if sex education didn't exist, people wanting to be promiscuous would still find other catalysts or outlets for their leanings towards promiscuity... precisely my point. But hey, thanks for playing!

:D

8. Ariana Lang

Oct 10, 1999
    Hey! Thanx for nothing!

:D

If you would actually read some of my posts, you would notice I'm not arguing that. So thanx for putting words in my mouth!

9. Darth_SnowDog

Sep 10, 2001
    I know you're not arguing that, particularly... but hey, you asked... so nyah! :p

:)

10. Ariana Lang

Oct 10, 1999
    Yeah, well :p :p :p :p :p

So take that! :)

11. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    As long as you weren't stuck at my school sex ed may have been a bit more interesting.

You don't want to know what horrors went on at PD/H/PE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.