main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sex in Star Wars EU.....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jainas_Lover, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jainas_Lover

Jainas_Lover Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2001
    Now I haven't read all the EU books, and basically none of the comics except for Dark Empire 1 and 2. But I have read a lot, and as far as I can remember there's only been one or two really racy scenes. By that I mean Jame's Bond-like love scenes where the couple is kissing or whatever and we kinda... fade out. Besides that, the only kind of sexiness you get is couples kissing, or giving "special glances" towards each other, although Luke and Mara seem to be a lot more affectionate than anyone else in the EU. What do ya'll think about this? Think there should be more interaction between couples? And not only that, but with the young ones, seems to me like their putting a lot more emphasis' on the younger Jedi's relationship than they ever did to in the older charactors. Think we'll see any of them hook up?

2. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2001
    Yea, I would want more of that in the star wars books. I mean,they are meant to be for the older crowd. The most interaction I have seen between two unmarried people in starwars in a handshake! I mean there has to be more going on.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Allston (I think, maybe it was MAS) said in an interview that the editors made him cut some steamy scenes from the Wraith books. There's some Han and Leia stuff in CotJ I think.

4. Jainas_Lover

Jainas_Lover Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2001
    What the hell is Cotj? It may be something I haven't read or I may just not recognize the abbreviation....

5. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Children of the Jedi

6. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    There are one or two references in "I, Jedi" if I remember rightly.

7. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Tsavong Lah Did Seef in SBS.

Rayanr Thul Did Eryl Bassa in SBS.

Even Jacen Solo got snuggley with Tenel Ka on the vong ship in SBS.

I think there was a referance to Sex in Hyperspace in an A pre X-wing series novel.

8. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    Jacen got snuggly with Tenel Ka? They hugged and that was it, unless I missed something. It just makes a ton of references on the Vong ship.

9. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Tsavong didn't do Seef.

10. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Corran and Mirax ... in the very first few pages of The Bacta War (and throughout the book as well).

11. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Computer Double posted again.

Im going to have to torture it again if this keeps up.

12. Sabrajaguar

Dec 22, 2001
    Tsavong Did do seef. The only subordanate that can see a VongHigher up naked Is a Done one or a dead one.

"Wait for me in my Quaters" or something like that

And Snuggley. Hugging close quaters touching. Imnot saying Jacen and Tenel Ka "recreated";) or made out.

13. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    The entire attitude of a good portion of Courtship of Princess Leia is about sex. Plus Teneniel is really immodest, so, uh, you can guess what that means.

14. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    oh damn. I am a Jacen fan, and well you know, if he hooked up with her, then the whole galaxy would be safer.

15. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Yah... You're right, Tsavong did Seef. :D

16. Black_Hole

Dec 27, 2001
    That has got to be a nasty sight...

17. Howlrunner

Howlrunner Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2001
    It's happening. It's been hapening since before humans crawled out of the trees and it'll keep happening until we're all dead. They don't mention it that much in books because of the popularity of Star Wars in all age levels. I was a huge fan when I was 5 after my parents took me to see ANH in the theaters. My children are fans after I took them to see TPM at the theaters. That's why you don't see many love scenes in the books or movies. I'm just now reading SbS and it's either fairly early in that book or somewhere in the Edge of Victory series which I finished last night, that Jaina is mentioned that at age 19 she's been on several dates. No names are mentioned, but given her rather rebellious nature to date... I'd imagine her chances of being on all of those dates without having some "love scenes" is fairly low.

It's happening. Unlike the modern trend, however, the editors aren't parading it out in front if us. In all honesty... That's part of the popularity of the whole universe of Star Wars. Every movie, book, special, whatever can be enjoyed by both adults and children. I personally hope it stays that way.

18. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I jedi was nasty, Corran kept debating weather to sleep with, well everyone.

19. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    I thought corran was just debating to sleep with that lady impiral warlord person

20. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    star wars is supposed to be a family movie...it's probably best if that trend continues through EU as well, IMO...

21. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Well im only 13, so I probly desipher this alot different then most of you.

22. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    dirtiest story is the nightlily the lover's tale the audio drama version. The sexual moans that nightlily goes through near the end of the story, before and after she eats the gotal are quite nasty.

23. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    thank you for sharing that with us

24. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    That would be the Trannanii(spelling) right?

25. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    no, those are cat species.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.