main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sex in Star Wars EU.....

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jainas_Lover, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RingoJuna

RingoJuna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2001
    I read SW because it's entertaining to ME. I determine what entertains me. I've got no problems with the level of sexuality in the EU at the moment, nor would I mind if they took it a bit farther. Those are my preferences, mine alone. I've got an extensive and active sexual history and present that I don't necessarly need R rated sex in the EU, but that's not my decision to make.

2. Tahiri_2

Tahiri_2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2001
    There are younger readers of the EU, me being one of them. I remember when i was 13, and there is no way i could have handled hard core if i had read it. Now i wouldnt mind having _some_ adult content in the novels. I want more romance, not just with the married couples, but also with the younger generation. Things do happen. I have read some allusions to sex. In the xwing novels Gavin and his bothan friend. Something like "the parts line up fine as far as Im concerned" And in another book han told chewie to fix something up for him and leia. its a inflatable pillow and the book fades out. I like the way the novels are written now. If you want more there is also fanfic... but going a step further and not fading would be nice.

3. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Clothing has little to do with the effectiveness of bacta. In SWM#3, two Rodains fall (fully clothed) into a bacta tank after receiving blaster injures, and they recover a short time afterwards.

Depends on how loose the clothing is. Bacta works by contact, and I don't know how permeable that diaper is but it looks tight to me.

Anyways, I think that people are meant to go in bacta nude. Read the part in The Bacta War, Corran has to "adjust the towel to preserve his modesty".

4. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Im not bothered about sex in the EU. I mean, if its not hardcore stuff, then im happy. I do feel though that the younger generation of the SW saga needs to have more romance.

5. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

I do feel though that the younger generation of the SW saga needs to have more romance.

So long as it;s written well, then fine. I wish Stackpole was around here to take notes.

6. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    >Depends on how loose the clothing is. Bacta works by contact, and I don't know how permeable >that diaper is but it looks tight to me.

Presumably clothing could be designed to allow the bacta to pass through it enough to allow adequate contact with the afflicted or wounded areas.

>Anyways, I think that people are meant to go in bacta nude. Read the part in The Bacta War, >Corran has to "adjust the towel to preserve his modesty".

Assuming Corran did indeed go into the bacta nude, it would be a little late to worry about his modesty, wouldn't it? :D

TC

7. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    The diaper probably has a more practical purpose than modesty -- it probably keeps bodily fluids from contaminating the bacta -- remember, they re-use the stuff once people come out. The diaper probably stays in the tank, though, so while the person's genitals are concealed in there, once they climb out they're nude, hence the need for a towel.

8. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    it probably keeps bodily fluids from contaminating the bacta

I can't remember, but was Luke wearing a nose clip too? That might explain why. Snotty bacta would not be pleasant.

9. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Well really where should Star Wars have more sexuality?

Who here wants to read a book on the Madame Director's exploits?

10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Iceheart and "I am the Dark Side!" Palpatine get in on in : Onion: The Coupling of Ysanne and Cos

11. ILLUMINATUS_JEDI

ILLUMINATUS_JEDI Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Don't know if this has been mentioned but there is quite a steamy scene in Wedge's Gamble between Corran and Bacta Girl. It's the steamest scene I have read in the Novels.

Anyway back to the "Star Wars Family thing"
    What about that picture of Mara on the OS?
    go on it and click to enlarge it, I think it was used for a Trading card game.

IMO, I believe they should raise the adult content just a little bit.

12. Jedi-Vong

Jedi-Vong Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2002
    In Book 3 of the BFC (Tyrant's Test), on page 153, there was a paragraph that went something like this:

"Nil Spaar found the combination energizing, and indulged himself, selecting one of the marasi for a matting on the spot. By the time they were finished, the marasi in the adjoining cells were writhing with need in response to the scents and sounds, and a reinvigorated Nil Spaar took each of them in succession. Whenthe third act was breathlessly complete, he called to the narada-ti, who had discreetly removed herself to a distance at which she could pretend not to have heard the passion-cries."

Now I think thats too much for a SW novel.

13. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    I have a theory about BFC. The author had an idea already for a sci-fi saga, and when he got the Star Wars gig, he just inserted the Star Wars characters into it!

I agree that the aliens and their sexual practices are gross enough to make me squirm, not to mention the graphic blood and gore.

14. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Jedi-Vong.

Thats so increadibly tame its not funny. Yevatha sex? its almost laughable.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Here is a question. Luke and Mara have Ben their son. Now, where did they get the time to...you know what I mean?

16. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Bravo

They procreated between novels.

17. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    "Who here wants to read a book on the Madame Director's exploits?"

MEEEEEEEE !!!

And that was a cool extract, Jedi-Vong. You have more ?

And I'd really want to know more about Vong sexual practices... I bet they love piercings and... Maybe that was too much, huh ?

And...

<notices everyone staring at him>

<tries to run away discreetly>

<does not succeed>

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

18. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Lol Xizor.

I think that BFC crossed the line. It is tame, but i still dont think i would have liked to read it when I was 11. I personally think that what Darth Tuna siad is right, innuendo makes the most sense. Older readers read into it, and younger readers who dont get it arent scarred for life or anything. :D

19. Charth_Maul

Charth_Maul Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2001
    Shadows of the Empire got pretty steamy with all that stuff with Princess Leia and Xizor.

20. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yessssssssss ! ;) :p

21. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    I was only what... 12 maybe when I read that. I was a bit shocked when it started going on about stuff like Xixor wearing see-through stuff and all.

22. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I've read young adult books with more sex than the EU. Morals are rather lose in teen books these days. [face_plain]

23. Princess_Liar

Mar 24, 2001
    I guess when you live under a rock as I do, you tend to be easily shocked.

24. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Just imagine Yoda having sex.

That should put you off the longed-for ''steamy'' scenes.

25. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    and not that MAS romance -- "My love, if anyone ever kidnaps you, I'll tear the galaxy apart" "I know, my sweet" "My love, do you want to go to bed now").

It's funny because it's true :)

There was Han remembering sex on a rug with Leia in POT. While talking to Mon Mothma as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.