main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sexism policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ender Sai, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Not even the same thing. *Snip*

Ramza edit: Don't get personal.

2. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Could someone moderate ender's behaviour please?

3. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    not even close and your assertion is offensive. not joking.

4. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Basically where we're at is people either playing their victim harps and complaining about the fact that a policy which puts them at risk of bans is in effect; or trying to bog down a discussion in minutiae because I don't know they're OCD or whatever and need to know truly what happens in a scenario where 50% of mixed gender participants surveyed found something offensive and 50% didn't (as if having being told what a policy actually was didn't matter because obsession and/or compulsion) - the hypnotic motion of circling the drain aside, no new ground is being covered.

If the admins feel strongly that giving these vocal few time to air their grievances, which wastes a precious commodity (time) that could be better spent driving nails into our knees or something less wasteful, then by all means we should keep this open. The reason it was reopened was to address problematic moderation which we've done. Unless you want to add a sign saying "You must be this not awful" to post here, which would sweep out handful of posters (yes, I mean you) out the door, there's very little chance this discussion can remain productive.

In other words, "this is why we can't have nice things."

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think it would be best to close this thread, and in the words of LoH, get on with it. Don't let a few people get in the way of the well being of the JC.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Agreed... we've discussed everything we need to discuss. Can MS make a move now?

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    That isn't sexism.

1) That's right, I called Zapdos darling in total sarcasm as the ooposite of a term of endearment responding to her her she hurled at me.
    2) I don't have a sexist posting histpry no matter how many times you wish to say so with some weird sense of assurance.

I told mods they could lock it. I have no idea if they did. But again and again, there is no reason for anyone to chase down the people in that thread and calll them perverts and rapists. The problem is Ender, not anyone who ever added a pic to that thread.

You missed the...i think it was called hotty wars where it went on for months and people voted and the pics were so gratuitous that the thread maker had to go in and photoshop censor bars over naughty bits. Or was that just a thread full of rapists?

8. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    VLM IS NOT A RAPIST OR A PERVERT!!!!!

Can we all move on now?

Seriously there are plenty of people who posted in those threads. There is no witch hunt here. What is done is done. We are all looking to future threads now, so let's just leave old threads in the dust bin of JCC history shall we?

9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    ^ To be fair, VLM's not the one referencing and bumping old, problematic threads that have been dead for months. I never would have even known about that thread were it not for Ender creepily obsessing about it and bringing it up any chance he can.

Others, I agree with you.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thirded (fourthed?) this suggestion. Ideas for wording the policy/rules addendum have been posted for the Mod Squad to run with.

11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    nevermind,

dead issue.

12. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Heero or whatever your name is; have you considered breaking a habit and reading before wasting time with inane commentary?

In any event, mods, the presence of more people with zero value add only reaffirms that thread should be closed.

13. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    My reading comprehension is just fine, thank you for your concern. Your continued projection and attempts at sniping continue to amuse me however.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah... thread has devolved into pointless bickering. Again, we've discussed everything that needs to be discussed. It's now time for MS to make a move.

15. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I think it would be fair to say that this thread has been followed closely by the entire mod squad. Speaking personally, I have learned a number of things from this thread and I am confident we will craft a thoughtful policy concerning this subject. Again thank you for everyone's contributions.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and LostOnHoth like this.
  16. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    How close are you to making a move?

17. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I don't know, I will ask

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It's the unfortunate outcome of this thread, in the absence of any "You must be at least this ____ capable of crafting an intelligent and well considered argument to ride the thread" signs, that really speak to the value of the dreaded FG or the rotating AC.

I miss the AC. :(

19. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like a post that updates everyone on the policy. Right now I am completely confused as to what has happened.

Something else I have noticed...and I am saying this in general...if someone says something sexist or derogatory to you, it doesn't give you the right to respond that way. It's not directed at anyone, but I have seen that as the go to response for many people off (and some people on) the JCF already.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    You're seeing, what, sexism matched with sexism?

21. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Yep. And for some reason, some people think if someone mistreats them that it's okay for them to stoop to the same level. Which isn't going to help anything.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't understand how being sexist in response to a sexist comment seemed to anyone like a good idea. :oops:

23. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

It's not. It's a terrible idea. As the old saying goes, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure it's relevant though.

If someone responds to a sexist comment with "you ***hole," that's a TOS violation that is already well covered and doesn't really warrant extra discussion.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not talking about blatant insults, I'm talking about people making more subtle digs at each other that fall under the category of sexism. For sure flaming other users is prohibited. But when someone says something more subtle, and another person then does it back at them...not exactly covered beyond treating others with respect.

I was a bit appalled by seeing this happen (elsewhere and occasionally here) which is the only reason I brought it up. I don't know if it's relevant after my clarifications, but I do hope that I at least made my point clear. :)

I don't see how it's a good idea either.