main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Sexist cell phone?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Samsung SGH-T500

Description

Man made Jewelry - Eternally Glittering

The quest for glittering objects is an innate lust of human beings. It dates back to the beginning of human history. The SGH-T500 is undoubtedly a symbol of wealth and beauty. It's delicately cut edges give brilliance comparable to a diamond, reflecting eternal beauty. Sleek, slim and compact, it allows for a silky and velvet-like touch. Just like a treasure chest, with valuable memories inside, the SGH-T500 is a 21st century jewel, which completes communication for all the descendents of Eve.

Features

Luxurious Design
    - External LCD decorated with 32 cubic zirconia
    - Internal LCD with 65000 Color
    - Bluish-White Keypad Backlight
    Color Screen & Mirror Screen
    40 Polyphonic Melody
    Features for Women
    - Biorhythm
    - Built-in self-view mirror
    - Fatness Index
    - Calorie Calculator
    - Pink Schedule
    - Menstruation cycle calculator

Now see, it's the men who need the menstruation cycle calculator. Or better yet they could market a male version that communicates wirelessly with her phone to keep track of the menstrual calendar and airtime usage to other females' phones to predict stress level and chart that against a color rating like the 'terror alert' system. It could even automaticaly dial the florist if you so desired. ;)

Humor aside, my question to the PFF females is, would you buy a phone like this? I'm curious.

2. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    That would be a big negatio from me. But you all know how typically feminine my mindset is.

3. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Ew, no! That's just way too girly. Electronics should not be pink or have cubic zirconia. :D

And some things just don't need to be charted on a calendar.

4. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i don't know, i think if i had access to all those different ways of having proof that i'm fat everytime i just answer a call, i'd probably turn into a mean person real quick.

or i'd skip that step and go straight to the "jess acts out various scenes from 'falling down' with the safety turned off." :D

5. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Features for Women
    - Biorhythm
    - Built-in self-view mirror
    - Fatness Index
    - Calorie Calculator
    - Pink Schedule
    - Menstruation cycle calculator

Okay, "Features for Women" turns me off right from the start, but I continue reading...

- "Biorhythm" ?[face_plain] I guess we just don't do well enough on our own knowing that birth control is a good idea.

- "mirror" - because I don't see myself enough already? heh. [face_plain]

- "Fatness Index" - oh good. One more thing telling us we'll never look as good as Stephanie Seymore in lingerie... now in digital.

- "Calorie Calculator" - because the "fatness index" just isn't enough, I guess.

- "Pink schedule" - I'm guessing the Mary Kay company had a say in this one. ick.

- "Menstruation Cycle Calculator" - here's how I do it - If I start, good. If not, it's time to make an OB/GYN appointment. Besides, what a depressing way to plan. :p

So, redundant as this may be, my answer is a resounding "NO!" [face_laugh]

6. TyriaTainer

TyriaTainer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    absolutely no

7. Sistine

Sistine Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    pulls out lightsaber... Now this is a woman's accessory!
    So...no on the phone, even though I do like sparkly things! I am content with cellophane.

Ms. Fritz I just gotta have a sparkly!

8. mrbunny666

mrbunny666 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 23, 2002
    I am offended by this cell phone. It is sexist.
    sexist! sexist! sexist! sexist!
    Im sure if a MALE ORIENTATED cell phone was invented, every womens group would be all over the news!

Offended!

hehehe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.