main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sexual Harassment Policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by ObiWan506, Aug 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the problem was that it was VIP+ish , and i wans't terribly familiar with or trusting of any of the mods. sense i've gotten to know quite a few and wouldn't have a problem going to any of them, or most of the others i am aware of. i was a newer user, and was catching flack for that as well.

anyways, i've talked to 506 some and grimby, while hearing nothing but good about you laj. so i would also have no problems going to any of the admins either.

:snoopy

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm glad to hear that you discussed the issue with Grimby and OW506. If someone is uncomfortable about posting here due to another user's actions we want to know - even if he/she is a VIP.

3. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, i haven't actually talked about it with anyone. it was over 3 years ago, actually, and isn't really a problem anymore. thankfully. i've grown a bit thicker skin since then.

anyways, tis good to know that the admins are as open to being talked to as they are.

:snoopy

4. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    What the heck is this? I received a PM from joybaby:

GOOD FRIEND
    My name is joy musa,i saw your profile today at(boards.theforce.net) and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i
    want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my
    picture for you to know whom i am.
    Here is my email address(joy007musa@yahoo.com)
    I
    believe we can move from here!
    I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.
    joy.
    (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)
    (joy007musa@yahoo.com)

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That user got a few people with similar PMs, (including me [face_devil] ) . So he/she won't be bothering anyone any more.

6. Ominous

Ominous Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    Thank you.

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    In the future, if anyone receives spammy PMs like that their best bet is to let any mod or admin that's online know. That includes the Fan Force mods if no JC mods are around.

8. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    I really don't know how organized things are at the top here, but is there anything that can be done (legally) about the harassment of minors here? I know that when I was a new member, I ended up in at least two situations that I didn't understand at the time, but look back and see that they were very bad news and probably quite illegal. (I'm not too familiar with the laws in that area, but I would assume.)

I'm sure I wasn't the only one to experience that. Anyway, I was reading through this and that came to mind and made me curious.

9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    We don't allow users under 13 years of age due to the US COPPA (child protection rules) so you won't find real young people posting here. (If they do and we find out they are underage we have to ban them until they turn 13). That said, if any user finds him/herself in a situation they are uncomfortable with or they are unsure about, they are free to PM any mod or admin to get their opinion. If we find that someone is acting inappropriately then we can take action. (This would normally be by banning the user behaving inappropriately).

10. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    What if someone is over 13 when they register but become younger than that later (like Benjamin Button)?:p

11. MaidenLumpe

MaidenLumpe VIP star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 13, 2000
    To be fair, Benjamin Button's actual age didn't get lower, it's just that he physically got younger. So he'd still be over 13 years old, even if he looked 5 years old.

12. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yes. We don't want to be unfair to Mr. Button.

13. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I think Moonshadow means under 18 rather than under 13.

14. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003

Indeed I did. And I understand about reporting and all of that, but once that's been done and the situation investigated, would it be turned over to the police or would the person just be banned? Really just a curiosity thing.

15. MaidenLumpe

MaidenLumpe VIP star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 13, 2000
    I think that would be a case by case basis, depending on the severity.

16. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Sorry for upping this thread since its been dead for about a month, but lately a lot people have been calling other people names and its been making me want to leave the boards and never come back. A mod already caught some of them in one thread, and then the very next day one of the ones who got edited, questioned the edit, and made me even angrier that he came out and essentially repeated what got edited. Can an amendment be added to the policy in cases like this or something, cause its getting worse that I've seen.

17. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Would you mind PMing an admin some specifics? If what you're referring to can be considered sexual harassment, it shouldn't be allowed at all under the current policy.

18. JediANGELA

JediANGELA Jedi Master star 6

Sep 28, 2002
    Its already been edited as a flame, it almost borderline. Sent.

19. ngohrvinet

ngohrvinet Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2009
    I agree with the administration on this issue.

Amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.