main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN Sexual Harassment Policy

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TNPredsFan, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    All of the CR's have been asked to post a link to the new Sexual Harassment policy in their respective boards. There is also a link to the policy in the header of every forum. This is a board-wide policy applicable for the JC and FanForce.

Please take the time to review it. If you are ever the victim of harassment at a FanForce event or on these boards, please contact me, Traci or any of the mods/admins.

Sexual Harassment Policy

2. JD Jedi

JD Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2000
    Just an aside on this.....

We had compulsory "Sexual Harrassment Training" here at work about five years ago.

Manangement were amazed at the enthusiasm the staff showed.......

..... right up until they told us that it was preventing harrasment....

Funny, they really had no sense of humour on this one......

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Heh.

It's unfortunate that this policy had to be put into place due to a rather serious predator here at TFN. You just never know...

4. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Thanks for making this sticky, Trace.

5. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    As long as it's not TFN pulling another rule out of their collective arse.

PS: Don't hate me.
    http://dundermifflin.jb2k.com/images/sexualharassment.gif

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Comment retracted.

7. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    Uh, y'all....can we stop with the jokes now? This is a serious issue that arose out of a high-profile situation involving a former VIP. Let's take the fun back to the social thread, please.

8. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Oh, Nicki, you know we're just kidding. In poor taste, of course, but kidding nonetheless. But, as I am aware of the seriousness of the issue and the details surrounding it, I will retract my earlier attempt at levity.

In all seriousness, though, this shouldn't even have to be something that TFN should need to tell folks. It's a shame that they apparently do need to. Frankly, my opinion is that the policy is quite a bit flimsy as it's only concerned with reporting of incidents and not punishing those who are caught red-handed harassing members in a sexual manor. For instance, in cases such as the one that sparked the creation of this policy, law enforcement should be involved. Sexual harassment is bad enough, but if it involves minors, then I think TFN has an obligation to report the offender to the police. After all, if this person is stalking underage users here, no telling what else is going on that isn't just online.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.