main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sexual Harassment

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Only-One Cannoli, Aug 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Here's the deal: If you have a specific complaint to make, the policy asks that you make it while disengaging from the person you are complaining about.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I just wanted to thank you guys for the harassment policy... awesome job. I think I'm done with this thread now, and really to start with the moving on process. I think we've pretty much covered everything. Sapient was named, the policy is made, I was able to express my feelings... yeah, I think I'm done here.

Thanks again... it's nice to see something good was accomplished.

3. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
  4. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    In his profile, Sapient still has colors.

Or did, as of this am.

5. MaidenLumpe

MaidenLumpe VIP star 3 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 13, 2000
    Do you have a link?

Last I saw, he wasn't even a VIP.

6. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    No, he's totally demoted. I just looked and there aren't colours in his profile.

7. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think you're mistaking the board color scheme (which includes usernames) with username colors.

8. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    :oops:

OMG. You're right.

Sorry.

This whole thing has me boggled. It's like having had Palpatine run the JCC...

Where's Vadey to toss him down the shaft??

9. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I've got a question related to the mess that is Darth_Sapient: Are all of his decisions over the years as a Mod now being re - reviewed and looked at now? What I mean is certain decisions regarding the running of the boards, Moderator promotions and in a few instances, Moderator demotions, are all of those being looked at for possible instances of corruption given the circumstances?

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    You can't turn back the clock on everything that happened, for better or worse.

11. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
  12. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    It has already been established that Sapient told lies and manipulated people in getting me demoted (or rather he demoted me and created a back story to support his decision making), but as you can see I'm still not a mod !!

(not that I'd be welcomed back with open arms, nor would I return!)

13. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Is that for lols or for real?

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    What could you do, though? Most people have moved on from those decisions, whether they were the right ones or not. If we, somehow, went back and reviewed all these so called decisions, really there isn't much that could ben done to revert them, especially in terms of demotions, promotions too.

15. Leia's Starboard Hair Bun

Leia's Starboard Hair Bun Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 1999
    Several years ago, Darth Sapient posted that the reason I, LSHB, do not like The Phantom Menace is because my parents did a horrible job raising me.

In light of my review of this thread, as well as my present understanding of the duration, scope, and intensity of the sexual harrassment he leveled at multiple users on this board, I would just like to take this moment to thank him for what in hindsight has become a tremendous compliment. I am proud that my parents raised me in such a fashion that I now have a lovely wife and daughter, beautiful home, rewarding career, and have not, to my knowledge, been driven off internet boards where I was the HEAD ADMIN for being a creepy pervert.

"If you wait by the river long enough, you will see the body of your enemy float by." -Sun Tzu
    "It's funny how sometimes two wrongs do make a right." -- Lisa Simpson

p.s. The Phantom Menace still sucks

16. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    for real, y'all.

17. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    Oh damn.

EDIT: I just found the update with your demotion in it. Interesting read...

18. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    When I was under attack as a moderator, I had orders from Sape to stay out of it, lay low, keep my head down, and just do my job. He said he'd "take care of it". All very soothing, very friendly and reassuring. So I did, and the attacks got more and more vicious while he did nothing. And then, randomly, he accused me of being negligent and told me I needed to step down. So yeah, I'm a little peeved at the whole thing. I wasn't sexually harrassed, but I feel he screwed me nonetheless.

19. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    This thread has gone off on tangents that will serve no purpose here. I think this has been resolved, and if you have any comments or questions on the new harassment policy, please use that thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.