main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Sexually Confused] Playing the opposite sex in a game

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by DarthBobbalot, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Which is less gay, dressing your female Shepard in Mass Effect in skintight space suits, or your male Shepard? Exactly.

2. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    I used to play male if I had the choice because I am male, and it was the whole "being the character" deal.

Then I realized, I'm playing a 30-50 hour long adventure staring at an avatar's backside.

Now most games that offer the choice have me playing female. They usually have better plots anyways.

Of course, one of my best SSBB characters is Samus, kind of the ultimate subversion of this whole argument.

3. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    [image=http://bruno.mirror.waffleimages.com/files/5e/5e05d7ce67c98f42da9c39965c881972f5f56ae5.jpg]

How sexually confused are you now

4. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    After their exchange, I wondered what would have happened if she and Canderous would have gotten together, he would have made her learn!

5. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    LOL.

6. TeriyakiSith

TeriyakiSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2008
    Sometimes I hate it when I play with wimmen. A lot of the time, I'll be playing Team Slayer in Halo, and seeing as how my game times are a lot different than my friend, I end up playing with strangers. Anyway, every now and again we'll run across a girl in the pre-game lobby, and once my teammates find out there's a girl, they get incredibly distracted and we lose.

Wimmen. They plague even the deepest recesses of a man's privacy.

7. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    You know it seriously annoys a lot of female gamers when that happens, don't you?

8. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    Yeah Wimmen are bad. But Women are awesome.

9. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    But it's funny to see people in a game lobby, trying their hand at "flirting" with a "girl", only to find out it's a pre-teen boy.

10. WeaponMaster55

WeaponMaster55 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    hi I trie being a girl in a game but its not the same[face_thinking]

11. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    For some reason all my WoW characters are women.. mainly because I'm Alliance and the males look pretty stupid. And the butt argument is especially valid when choosing for a Draenei, they have tales... =P~.

Anyway,it's called a Roleplaying game for a reason, in real life I'm a guy, in roleplaying games I play the role of a woman.

12. WeaponMaster55

Aug 4, 2008
    I do if they are cool and I am also a boy in real life in roll playing games I am still a boy:D

13. CommanderSesfan

CommanderSesfan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001

You're lovely. Please stay.

14. WeaponMaster55

Aug 4, 2008
    :mad:dont call me lovely unless you mean it[face_laugh]

so it sounded weird the way I said so what:confused:

15. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    Keep it clean boys.

16. DarthSolar

DarthSolar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2008
    Nice edit, lol.

17. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Can't view the picture.
    And i play male charcters if i am doing an MMORPG. Otherwise if it single player play whatever.

18. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
    And a lot of female characters were designed with guys in mind, take a look at Diablo II.

I liked being the assassin becuase she was good to play as, a male player would no doubt have different reasons.

19. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I always play Peach, too, but only because I played Star Wars Galaxies for 3 years and stared at the backside of a male Mon Calamari for far too long, and decided that I would never have a male toon ever again in a game.

20. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    How is female Shepard more interesting than the male one?

21. WeaponMaster55

Aug 4, 2008
    [face_laugh]

22. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Eh, i'd always played male characters (for the whole "You ARE the character" reasoning)...

In WoW, i made my second toon a female blood elf priest for something different, and immediately regretted it.

I get hit on...CONSTANTLY..And even when i tell people "i'm a dude", they don't believe me and just keep on hitting on me.

It's very very disturbing. I do have to admit that everything is EASIER this way, though. I ask for something in a group and i usually get it quite quickly. And when i break out the stripper dance...Yeah, free lewtz :p

The sad thing is she's become my favourite character. She'll probably be the first one i level to 80 in the expansion. Doh!

23. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Just call everyone "hun" and throw the occasional /kiss and people will shower you with enough gold that you'll never have to play the auction house.

24. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    This. Basically.

I'm still annoyed the canon storyline of KotOR wasn't DSFRevan/Bastila. [face_whistling]

And you can bet my favourite character in Fable II will be one of my female heroines.

25. clone_commander1

clone_commander1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 30, 2004
    I have a female night elf, draenei and a human at level 70, and I have never experienced any of those things. In fact, on my server everybody is a guy until proven otherwise. If I refer to someone I don't know I always use 'he' or 'him' even when it's a female character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.