main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SF Fan Force Web Site Updates

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I figured I'd start this thread to keep everyone up to date on what's been added to the ever expanding SF Fan Force official web site!

As of this morning, our first major photo gallery has been uploaded!

WonderCon 2005

There are over 600 photos in this gallery alone! Holy Smokes!

If I've missed crediting anyone for source photos PLEASE let me know. I could only go off of the names of the folders on the disc submitted to me. It is not my intent at all to steal any photographer's hard work or to omit photo credits.

Now that the templates have been made I hope to get at least one photo gallery built each week :)

Thanks and Enjoy!

- Kay Dee

2. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    One more photo gallery added tonight.

Disneyland 2005

One of my favorite photos -

[image=http://sffanforce.com/gallery/disney_05/images/128_2864.jpg]

- Kay Dee

3. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    That photo rocks!!

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    The photo galleries look awesome! Great job, kay_dee!! :)

5. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Good Job Kathy. Looks great. I would like the x-wing on my lawn.

6. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    The dogs would just pee on it, and it would so full of stuff that you couldn't fit in the cockpit. 8-}

But back to topic, keep up the good work, Kathy! =D=

7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Mirtha, Brent, and Anne have been added to the Members page. I also updated Chanel's photo and the Fan Force placeholder logo for those who don't have or want photos.

- Kay Dee

8. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Looks awesome Kathy!

9. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Looks great! Thanks and congrats! :)

- Kai

10. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    You did a wonderful job!

11. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    THANK YOU SO MUCH, cathy for sharing your talent and your hard work.

12. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I did not know where else to post this but, as of Friday the 21st - it would have been exactly 1 year since Celebration 3 in Indianapolis. Oh the memories...The bad weather, the bad perm. :p, and the mad magical times throughout those fun-filled days...

Thanks Kat, for posting those links on the photo-page of the web-site. Although, there are still a few more to upload from my end, it was still great to instantly relive many other images by organizing them on the site. Here as a recap, is a few of Harlock415's:

Rob's C-3 PICS

Now, off to planning Celebration 4...

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Sure, I'm glad you are enjoying the updates. I did use the photos from the CDs you gave me Dale. I just have many more events to plow through and I'm trying to balance web site work with costume work. I'm really behind on my padme costume for comic-con :( Don't know if I'll get it done in time.

- Kay Dee

14. Skatou-Laki

Skatou-Laki Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 18, 2003
    Thank you so much!!!

15. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Many Member Profiles added!

I've still got about 4 more profile pages to build (it's for people who sent me info via PM or e-mail at one time so I have to dig out the info and I need sleep now!)

I didn't check for typos yet, my eyes are too shot. The pages are not too flashy, sorry I didn't spend time really designing something a little better. It will do though.

Profiles added were:

Dale
    Matt
    Ms Skywalker
    Sharon
    Sky Solo
    Brent
    Dolfinz
    JediZoe
    Harlock
    Jawbreaker666
    Caged Reality
    Rachel
    Arashi
    Taeriel
    Kay Dee
    Leia Asylum

Still to do:

Eva, Angelica, Ming, Chanel.

If some of you have costumes and want them added to your page (Like Dale?) feel free to send them and I can add them. Same goes with text and info. If you have decided you'd like to revise your bio and interests just type it up for me and I'll copy and paste it in.

- Kay Dee

16. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Looks great!

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    2 more profile pages added tonight.

Ming: http://sffanforce.com/members/jedi_tenken.htm
    In Loving Memory of Chanel: http://sffanforce.com/members/chanel.htm

I highly encourage others to submit some thoughtful words about Chanel to add to Ming's comments that I took off the Rebel Legion Memoriam. I only met her once, so I think it's more appropriate for those of you who knew her best to say a few words. Perhaps sum up for the newbies what Chanel did to get the SF Fan Force off the ground, and what her vision of "unity" was. Perhaps even mention what kind of person she was and what she meant to you as a friend :) Just some ideas.

- Kay Dee

18. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Kathy, you have surpassed my wildest expectations for the site. Maintaining the overall theme while adding your own innovated graphics and designs. Furthermore, keeping it updated and clean! Very awesome Kat! :) I'm gonna have to slap the lips right off of Terrill's face when I see him. haha...

I propose AT LEAST title for Kathy. Like ummm... SFFF Web Intel & Info officer, or Web Chick... You know what I mean... lol

Yeah, everyone should write something cool about Chanel. Even if you only met her once, if she made an impact I for one would like to hear how. :)

19. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Web Mistress works.

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks! My goal all along has been to add to the site while making things in keeping with the original design feel and color schemes. :) If it will make Terill feel any better, I did spend 3 years completing a web design certification program at CSM (I took a lot of extra graphic design and programming courses). So, I'm not quite an amature hack ;)

I know my version of the photo gallery is a bit different than the one Terill had designed, but we have SO many photos! I had to revert to using a photoshop gallery automated feature to speed up the process a bit. And it's still all under construction. The home page of the entire gallery will eventually have a little teaser photo for each event and get broken down by year for easier browsing.

I'll just call myself a "webmaster" if that's OK ;)

- kay dee

21. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I have a PM to send. ;)

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000

How about Jedi Webmaster? [face_laugh] lol

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT TERRILL FEELS! [face_frustrated] He just maybe on the recieving end of a Rock Bottom come satruday. o_O For other reasons though, nothing to do with the club. haha

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Not to get too OT - but I assume you are talking about your move tomorrow? I hope it all goes well!

- Kay Dee

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yep, movin tomorrow. :)

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    All the profile pages are completed now (with items to be added as people send them my way). If you don't see yours there, it's because I didn't get info from ya. ;)

SiaLanWezz - http://sffanforce.com/members/sialanwezz.htm
    GalaxyPrincess (our honorary member) - http://sffanforce.com/members/galaxyprincess.htm
    Rogue6 - http://sffanforce.com/members/Rogue6.htm

- Kay Dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.