main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SF Fan Force Web Site Updates

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    One more profile added:

elmoizme - http://sffanforce.com/members/elmoizme.htm

Keep 'em coming :) It's nice to see our membership roster is really going strong. Maybe now when people stumble on our web site they'll see we really are a diverse group who likes to have fun as we describe on our home page!

- Kay Dee

2. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    i actually know several people outside the club who are star wars fans...not really too hardcore, but i don't know if they'd be dedicated enough to join the club. maybe someday. i even know some prequelers! those darn kids...[face_clown]

3. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, that's the thing. People do have to have time to come to meetings now and then. Back when I originally found out about the Star Wars clubs I just didn't have time to make the effort to get involved. There's also that whole feeling of 'you guys don't know me, can I just crash one of your meetings?' I'm certainly not a totally hard core fan (don't quiz me on any Star Wars trivia!). Thankfully there's no test I had to pass in order to join. LOL!

- Kay Dee

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
  5. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    The WonderCon photo album is now uploaded. Thanks to everyone for sharing your photos!

WonderCon 06

- Kay Dee

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
  7. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Uploaded one more gallery.

New Years Eve at Cat Club 2005

I believe I'm caught up for 2006 except for new stuff from the past month. You'll see the Holiday Party pretty soon.

- kay dee

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've been swamped lately, so I still haven't finished off the Christmas Album I was working on last.

I just wanted to let you all know that I did at least update our upcoming events (meeting, Comic-Con, Superman) and added Lou to the members page.

If we have any other new members who would like their name included with a profile on our official web site please sign up here:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/22658110/p1/?6

This is for members who have at least attended one of our meetings or events :) (NivekSkywalker? Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi? SithMistress?) You don't have to have a SFFF shirt to have your photo up either.

- kay dee

9. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    hi kay dee. i'll take my photo for the members site when i get the shirt at the july meeting. do i need to fill out the form again? thanks kevin

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I don't remember getting a filled out form from you Kevin. This is not the same as the members check in thread that is a sticky thread at the top of this forum. This is a spcific Q&A for the web site. Just follow the link I gave above and post your info there :)

- kay dee

11. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Don't you ever sleep, Kathy? :p

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, I went to bed after I made that post. [face_tired] That pretty much marked the hour we finally got back to San Jose the other night.

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've added and updated a few of the mug shots on the members page with people wearing their Fan Force T-shirts.

- Eva
    - Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi
    - SWFAN3
    - NivekSkywalker
    - AKAI_FETT
    - Skatou-Laki

If anyone would also like to add a profile page to the web site feel free to submit the info here:

http://boards.theforce.net/san_francisco_ca/b10448/22658110/p1/?6

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    FYI - I finished up the Comic-con '06 gallery with the photos Rachel gave me.

http://www.sffanforce.com/gallery/comic-con06/index.htm

I also added the Holiday Party photo album

http://www.sffanforce.com/gallery/holidayparty_12-05/index.htm

Did anyone have photos from the picnic in Hilmar? I'd like to wrap up that album soon (I think Brent had a few more to send?)

- kay dee

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Good job, K. But shouldn't the Holiday Party have the date of the party?

16. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for catching that. The automated template puts in the current date. I forgot to go back in to change it manually.

17. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    HI Kathy!
    Do you need more pictures of the past events?
    I finally finished to fix all my pics.
    If you need them let me know.
    I can send you for e-mail or by airmail.
    Also the page looks great! Good job :)

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hi Mirtha, anything you have would be great! The sooner the better so they don't get left out. You can e-mail them to me in batches as attachments.

- Kathy

19. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Kathy! your e-mail is the one in your profile?

20. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes. I just didn't want to post it here because the more you post an e-mail address, the more spam you get! Just make sure you remove the spaces on eigher side of the @ symbol.

- Kathy

21. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    (cross post) The superman photos are up: http://www.sffanforce.com/gallery/superman/index.htm

Hold tight on the members page updates. I will be out of town 2 times in the next 7 days so it might be a while.

- kay dee

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    A while back Dale had asked me about some of the "members" profile page updates. I know there are several photos and profiles that I need to add to the web site, but when I had free time to do it I realized my template designs were stuck on our old hard drive and I had to wait for my husband to track them down and install them on our new computer.

Now that I have my templates, I just don't have time at the moment to work on the profile pages. I just didn't want anyone to take it personally who's been waiting. I have 4 weeks to make 2 Halloween costumes - so it's cotume crunch time. If I need a serious mental break from costume projects I'll try to squeeze the profiles in, but right now it's looking like I'll be doing a round of updates in November.

- Kathy

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've added these photo albums to the web site tonight:

Cinemax Star Wars Event (Rachel, whenever you can get me your photos I'll add them to the album)

Chabot Space and Science Center - Oakland

Chabot Space and Science Center - Oakland

Mirtha's Going Away Party

POTC Dead Man's Chest

X-Men 3: The Last Stand

Fan Force Annual Picnic Does anyone have photos from this? I only took a couple that day.

Sorry, I didn't fix red-eye in a lot of the photos. There are just so many photos to process, I don't have time to do that extra step if I want to get caught up (yes, I still have Eva's birthday, my Cinemax pics from LA, Dales Birthday, the Unity Picnic in May... it is never ending).

What I'm looking for

So far, I only got "Unity" May picnic photos from Matt. Brent gave me half of his. Does anyone else have photos from the Picnic in Hillmar they want to give me before I add to that album?

Thanks. And enjoy the pics!

- Kathy

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I can send you pics from the picnic, Kathy (unless I already gave them to you). I also have maybe one or two from Mirtha's going away party.

Oh, and good job on adding bios of our Honorary Members! I didn't expect that. Nice touch. Do you think we should include pics of them with SFFF members?

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I do have the May picnic photos from you Matt. But if you took any at the August picnic that would help. Same with Mirtha's party.

I'm glad you like the honorary member bios. I figured they deserved links to their web sites and bios just like our other members :) I think any photos of our members taken with the honorary members have been represented in the comic-con album. I kind of don't know if I want this to turn into a 'look who I met' page? I wanted their pages to be about them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.