SFF: TV and Film Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We are very pleased and excited to offer you the SFF TV and Film forum along with its sister <a href=http://boards.theforce.net/science_fiction_and_fantasy_books_and_comics/b10749/p1>Books and Comics</a> we hope you'll enjoy it as much as we will. We stand here today at the beginning of something new, not just this forum, but also the JC. With the end of the Star Wars movie saga we are faced with a giant hurdle. How do we maintain our momentum and make our mark in the post-saga world? This new forum is just but one of the answers to this question. Between you and I, this isn't the end, but the beginning. Each and every one of us is vital to the overall success of the JC and I know combined we are a force to be reckoned with. It is with great pleasure and pride that we gather to build another great forum on the JC. So please join us in celebrating this new forum in our <a href=http://boards.theforce.net/science_fiction_and_fantasy_films_and_television/b10748/22773058/p1/?0>Social Thread</a> and let us come together as SFF fans, get to know each other and begin our journey together.

I'd like to go over the rules of the forum. Obviously the TOS still apply. Please note this is not a Star Wars forum so SW will not be a viable topic unless you are referencing it, compairing it to other Sci-Fi or how it has impacted the entire Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre. The reason for this is simple there are a ton of other forums on the JC dedicated solely to Star Wars and we wish to have a place for other kinds of Sci-Fi, so please if you want to discuss Anakin's fall to the dark side take it to another forum. At the moment we don't really have many forum specific rules but that is liable to change. However we do have a simple request when starting a new thread please include in what show you wish to discuss. This will make it easier on everyone to find the threads that you wish to discuss. You will be informed however if and when any additional rules are formed in a bi-weekly or monthly SFF forum update. This update will include any new rules, highlight specific discussions to encourage diverse discussion, etc.

And now for a joke that possibly only my SG brethren will get and totally not related to this discussion, well it is in a roundabout way.

[McKay] Now where was I? Oh yes, leadership. [ / McKay]
  2. NightHunter319 Force Ghost

star 4
    Books and Comics banner > TV and Film banner
  3. Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'd just like to add that it would be appreciated that you do not create three threads in a row on popular subjects. Create one thread or so on your favorite movie or show, and leave it be at that. Let others have a shot at adding something to the forum as well.
  4. DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Just as a reminder to everyone, you no longer need to consolidate information about a series to a single thread. So here, for example, you could have a thread for each Matrix film, a thread to specifically discuss the Architect's speech in Reloaded, a thread for each Harry Potter film, a thread for each Lord of the Rings film, a discussion thread for the Jurassic Park films, a thread discussing the viability of cloning and its use in genre films, a Burton/Nolan Batman comparison thread -- use your imaginations and don't limit discussion to solitary "official threads" on a given topic.

M. Scott
  5. Jedi_Nath Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  6. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Just want to say I love this board. [face_love] :* [:D]
  7. dragonsith13 Force Ghost

star 4
    About time, well done creators! And whomever did the banner did a first rate job, has to be one of the best on the boards here. Should be spending a lot of time here!
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    My post count is about to go way, way up. I may have found a new home.
  9. PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost

star 6
    I love this place already...I've found a new home on the JCC [face_love] [face_love]
  10. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  11. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    this thread is a dream come true=D=
  12. JamesBatista Jedi Knight

star 1
    This board = brilliant idea.
  13. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 7
    Never leaving this place.

~PK~
  14. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    This board is my new 3SA (which disappeared last May on me). [face_love]
  15. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    So will similar threads from the Amphitheatre be moved here? For example, "The Worst Moments..." threads?
  16. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    No. Any existing thread in Amphitheatre stays in Amphitheatre. Only new topics will be posted here.

:)
  17. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  18. MacCaffrey VIP

star 9
  19. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I'm glad so many folks are enjoying this and it's being well-received. :)
  20. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Its fantastic to see this forum "going live." I'm sure its going to be one of this message boards most popular attractions. Well done all round. =D=
  21. Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Master

star 4
    =D==D==D=

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!
  22. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    I just wanted to pop in and say hello to the new forums. Looks good. This will be a day long remembered, and stuff.
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Which makes me wonder as to why the new fourms are needed. But then again, I'm most likely in the minority of this opinion.
  24. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    The two Forums were opened to expand the JC. These have been open for only two days and we already have 148 new topics and over 1,900 posts.
  25. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    You might even say they were opened to... seek out new worlds and new civilisations.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.