main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SFF: TV and Film Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Which I think could have easily had gone into existing fourms.

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    A whole civilisation (blue and green skinned people - sometimes the occasional lizardman)! Pfft. Kirk most certainly wouldn't approve.

Plus, here isn't the place to complain. It does nobody any good to object to a decision that has already gone through - and particularly to one that has proved so successful.

3. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I echo that - let's keep any complaints or comments about having vs. not having these forums out of the welcome thread please. :)

4. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Agreed. These forums were under discussion for a month in Comms, you could have registered complaints then (whereas you, Tunick, actually posted several times in strong support of these forums). What's done is done and these forums are here to stay.

M. Scott

5. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Well, people have the right to change their minds & I doubt if I had objected then, it would have mattered. Just because something is successful doesn't mean it's necessary.

6. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    However much it may or may not have mattered then, do realize that it matters even less now.

You have the perfect right to ignore these forums if they don't suit you for some reason. But you missed your chance to object; and I'm the second moderator and third user to ask you to keep it out of this thread, so please do.

M. Scott

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Can we have some sort of consensus on spoiler policy? Because movies and TV shows air differently in different countries, and I wouldn't want to inadvertantly see spoilers or be the one to ruin someone else's anticipation. How should it work in this forum?

8. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    Most things I've seen, people are blacking out spoilers, no matter how old they are. Sinister did it with an episode of a show that aired nine years ago.

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    I think that's too restrictive. I would be hamstrung in discussing most Star Trek if I had to make plot developments HTR. I think ongoing shows should receive spoiler treatment, but stuff that's practically history, no I think that should be 'free to air'.

EDIT: And I do believe that HTR looks horrid when used a lot. Totally spoils the look and usability of a thread.

10. Jesina_Dreis

Jesina_Dreis Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2004
    I was just saying what I'd seen, mainly because I was surprised to see that, in a couple different places; can't remember where else. I agree with you.

11. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    We are currently discussing spoiler policy.

12. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Only things that warrent a spoiler policy are those currently unreleased tv episodes or movies.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Splendidness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.