main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SFF Update

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Greetings all to the first Books and Comic / TV and Film SFF forum update! The purpose of this update is to provide you, the users with the opportunity to stay informed of any changes in the SFF administrative structure, games or tournaments, various highlighted discussion threads, and well just about anything really. As mentioned in the welcome thread we plan on having regular forum updates so this is update numero uno. This first update is short and sweet and straight to the point. So without further ado...

New Rule(s)

* There is now a 3 day thread cap for each user in both the film and book forum. Originally this wasn't going to be a rule but the first two days saw a lot of users creating threads which some both on the mod and others on the users side didn't care for too much. Now this was understandable given all the excitement and its all water under the bridge. But just so you know one may possibly get banned for posting more than 3 threads per day as it can be deemed spamming. Now I don't anticipate this being a problem especially since the thread creating craze has died down, but until further notice this rule is in effect.

Spoiler Policy

* We apologize for the lack of a definative spoiler policy so far, the blame resides on us mods for forgetting to create one in the shuffle of creating these boards. There really isn't much of an excuse for forgetting considering that this is pretty important. However do rest assured though that a spoiler policy is currently being hammered out and should be announced shortly.

However there is currently a temp one to tide us over until the final product is completed. This is mainly because not all of the SFF mods have been on to agree to the proposed policy so in order to be fair to them, I've gone and created a temp one.

* **The TEMPORARY spoiler policy**:

Movies: 96 hours. So basically if one wants to discuss a new SFF movie they have to wait a total of 4 days before being able to talk about it outside of designated threads. Now this isn't much of a problem at the moment as there isn't a SFF movie in theatres to the best of my knowledge with the next one being released on January 20th. By then the permanent policy would be in place. This one will probably be increased to a week or having two seperate threads NSA and SA with the NSA getting locked a week after release.

Television: 24 hours Pretty much the same thing as the movies except its a 24 hour time frame, this will probably go up to 48 hours with the permanent one. However there are currently SFF shows airing new episodes so please be courteous to others and contain all spoilers to the appropriate threads.

Books: 2 weeks As some of you are aware of the Lit forum, they have a spoiler policy of a month for any new SW book. While this is not lit and while I don't speak for the book mods but the book spoiler policy will be lengthier than the movies for a variety of reasons. The obvious is it takes longer to read a book than to watch a movie. Plus people may not be able to make it to their bookstore for a few days to pick up said book, nor is that bookstore guaranteed to have it when you do get there. Hence the two week minimum. This is subject to change though I can't see it changing into a smaller timeframe, if anything it may increase to a month like Lit.

Highlighted Threads

* We'd like to take this oppertunity to highlight two threads from books and two threads from movies in order to help create discussion and promote increased interaction between the two forums.

Movies: The first thread for movies is The Old Battlestar Galactica vs The New Battlestar Galactica created by Rhonderoo. The thread is essentially an analysis of the two shows, so if you're a fan of Battlestar Galactica and would be

2. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Hey, we get updates :)

Thanks for clearing up spoiler policy in particular - it's nice to have clear guidelines on everything at least. I also like the Highlighted Threads section - will this be a regular 'featured thread' thing? It seems like a good way to bring particular threads to the attention of the forum in general.

Thank you for making SFF the success it has become already and thank you in advance for the success you will achieve in the future!

Hear, hear =D=

3. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    :(

Other than that, good update :p

4. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Thanks for the update

5. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Good! I'm glad we have at least a temporary spoiler policy now. I was wondering about this a couple of days ago and was meaning to ask. Well done :)

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Good things to know thanks for the update:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.