SFFanForce.com - "Members" page & Profiles, sign up here!

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by kay_dee, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    The time has come to start updating the SFFan Force web site! So far I've udated our group photo on the home page http://www.sffanforce.com/index.html

I would like to put our members page together over the next few weeks - so for those of you who would like to be included please post your info in this thread.

This is what I need from everyone. Keep in mind you don't have to have to provide all of this information - only what you are comfortable with. It could be as little as your JC Forums name if that's all you want.

1) If you'd like your photo on the web site (it can be with or without costume) please e-mail your picture to nightheron @ pacbell.net (just remove the spaces on either side of the @). Please include your JC forums name in the message with the photo. Or if there is a photo of you on the web just give me a link to it.

If you don't want your picture up that's OK - I'll use a generic place holder photo or logo of some sort.

2) JC Forums Name
    3) Real Name (only if you wish)
    4) If you are a Rebel Legion member or 501st member please include those names and affiliations as well.
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted.
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes)
    7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have.
    8) Your own web site link if you have one.
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.)

I think that's it! If I've left something out let me know.

I'd like to include Chanel in this as well, so if someone would like to post that information for her (perhaps if she has dedication pages out there on the web we can subsitute that for her own web site link) that would be great.

Thanks,

- Kay Dee
  2. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Chanel and I wrote that intro on the main page, it's transported from the SFFF YahooGroup boards. I kinda want to question why Matt's name is there but then again I understand why. At the sametime though... How about a little cred for the former City Reps??? ;)
  3. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I'll send you Chanel's info as soon as I can, Kathy.
  4. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Sorry Ming - Perhaps it was a miscommunication. I was under the impression that name on the home page reflected who our current executive officer was at the time. At that time it was you, now it is Matt. No hard feelings.

I've asked Matt if we could please edit the intro a little - as it was it said 'we look forward to Ep III' and I removed that. The original site is saved on hard drive and I can easily go back and put in the original intro written by you and Chanel. I can even burn the entire original site to a disc for those who want it. I'm not trying to dishonor Chanel's memory in any way or all the hard work that was originally done on the site. But web sites aren't really supposed to be a static memory, I hope we can continually update our home page and other pages to reflect the current state of our group.

That said, I'd still greatly appreciate if people could start submitting info for the membership page :) Much credit to CRs and former CRs can go there :) Links to memorial pages can go there too! So when you all submit your info please include any former positions you held and perhaps the years you served. It will be part of your membership info.

Also, I would actually like to include 'web site designed by Terrill Couther' on the bottom of each page with the disclaimers. Is that cool? Trust me, I'm all about giving credit where credit is due.

- Kay Dee

5. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    2) CagedReality
    3) Sean Holden
    4) Rebel Legion - CagedReality, 501st Legion - SL-6285
    5) AIM: CagedReality
    6) I like Star Wars. ;)
    7) (Photos attached.)
    8) n/a
    9) sl.6285 @ gmail.com

I will e-mail the photos, Kathy.
  6. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Whoa... Kathy, relax, I didn't take anything personal and I totally absolutley don't think you were trying to dishonor or discredit anyone. In fact you honor us all in taking over the webmastering duties and I personally thank you. Considering the care and dedication you put into costuming I know that the website Terrill and I built is in great hands.

I think this was also why it was mandatory for me to retire, I seem to either accidentally trigger curious reactions from the people that don't know me that well or inspire a strange form of panic in which people want to fight me. lol

Yeah... mandatory retirement, it's also a pretty good X-wing Rogue Squadron comic story.
  7. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    No, I'm not one to pick fights :) I guess I just read your post wrong and suddenly felt bad for changing the name on the home page and making little edits. [face_peace]

- Kay Dee
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    1) (keep placeholder for now, Kathy)
    2) JedHead1
    3) Matt Tolosa
    4) Rebel Legion: JedHead, 501st Legion: TI-2780
    5) AOL IM: Nelzani
    6) I am glad to say that I was there when the little film that could, did, and still does, "Star Wars" came out in 1977. I've been hooked ever since! I can't imagine a world without it!
    7) (costume photos being sent)
    8) N/A
    9) toschestation@yahoo.com
  9. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    2) Harlock415
    3) Robert
    4) 501st Golden Gate Garrison
    5) AIM, YahooIM, and MSN Messenger: harlock415
    6) I was there in the summer of 1977 at the Coronet theater where history was made.
    7) (forthcoming)
    8) (forthcoming)
  10. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for getting me your information guys! Keep 'em coming gang :) This makes my life easier than having to try to hunt down everyone's info. And I don't really have time to spend a day constructing and testing a form on the web site.

You don't want to use one of your costume photos for the mean time? Better than having Yoda the SF Fan Force Logo up as a place holder? It's easy to switch out if you get a new photo you'd rather use in the future.

- Kay Dee
  11. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2
    1) I have to think of which photo would be good. <forthcoming>
    2) Callisto_DAerisian
    3) Sharon Rose
    4) N/A
    5) None I'd like posted.
    6) i am a geek girl! i love star wars, star trek, LOTR, farscape, the matrix, battlestar
    galactica and harry potter... LOL...i embrace my weird geekiness!
    7) N/A
    8) YN/A
    9) None I'd like posted.

Thanks for all of your efforts, gang. I am thankful to be part of this club.
  12. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for the info Sharon :)

So far I've only gotten costume photos from Matt. Does this mean people would rather not have pictures up next to their name? If the majority of people don't want photos that will change the way I design the members page layout (it would be kind of silly to have a logo up for everyone's photo.)

- Kay Dee
  13. jawbreaker666 Jedi Knight

star 1
    2. Jawbreaker666
    3. Mark Weinberg
    4. N/A
    5. N/A
    6. Star Wars is a major theme in my life. I eat, breath, and live it everyday. It has always been there for me and always will be.
    That's all I got right now, I'll try to be a bit more creative later...thanks Kathy :)
  14. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    1) Forthcoming (will e-mail a pic, then get one updated @ WonderCon)
    2) AnasianSkywalker
    3) Dale
    4)RL name: Anasian Skywalker / 501st GGG name: ID-5140
    5) AnasianSkywalker
    6) I am trained as an actor, and have been a Star Wars fan since seeing it in 1977! For more info, please check out my Myspace account.
    7) Forthcomimg
    8) http://www.myspace.com/anasianskywalker
    9) PM me.
  15. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I would still like members photos look like holograms with the blue horizontal lines, with a little R2 projecting it on the side.. I've never seen a club do that yet.
  16. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    So you want it animated?

Not sure what that would involve, other than Flash, which is bugger to load in many cases (especially for those on dial up) or an animated gif instead of a jpg.
  17. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ideally, I'd like it animated, maybe with the sound too. If not, just the blue tint and lines would suffice. But didn't somebody somewhere mention it would be possible as an animateed gif?
  18. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    It is possible as an animated gif, which involves making a picture with several layers like traditinal animation frames.
  19. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3

1) I don't have a pic, although I know other people do
    2) skye_solo
    3) not sure about this one yet
    4) n/a
    5) n/a
    6) Movies, music, adventures on earth. I love Star Wars, Sigur Ros, X-Files, Steven Spielberg movies and fairy tales.
    7) n/a
    8) n/a
    9) agtscully@gmail.com

Sorry mine's so sparse. Hopefully it will get better with time. I DO want to be in the Rebel Legion.
  20. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, if the members page has everyone's photo and their name that's going to look WAY too busy. A bunch of animated gifs or flash movies loading at once is not a good idea (classic textbook example of 'bad web site').

It wouldn't be 100% out of the question to have it on the person's individual page where you read their bio and get the IM info - etc. However, I honestly don't have time to make animations like that right now. I need to keep the images more basic - and having people being projected (even if it's not animated) means I have to spend time masking out their pictures in photoshop to drop into another background. It just takes more time than I have for this at the moment.

Besides, nobody has given me a picture to use. That's why I was thinking I'd have to design the members page just to list members names without any photos at all. For those like myself and Matt who did have costume photos they will just be on the individual bio page which will link from their name on the members page.

Trust me, I'm keeping the R2 projection in the back of my mind. Right now my priority is to just get basic content up on the site in a presentable form as quickly and efficiently as possible. Bells and whistles might be able to come later if one of us has time for that.

- kay dee
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    I totally understand, Kathy. I'm just expressing my thoughts for an "ideal" website. :)
  22. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm with Kathy on this. With the exceptions of Flash buttons.

You wanna avoid any sort of animation on the page otherwise it becomes busy or s resource hog. And since so many other members are on dialup the faster the page load the better.
  23. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I think it is possible to do the hologram thing but as a mug shot... hehe
  24. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh yeah, animated gif or flash for nav buttons isn't too bad. Even one little logo or icon with animation is fine (like our death star spinning). But having lots of animation on one page is taxing on the eye and the download time.

So that's why I only see it being visually acceptable on an individual's bio page. It would make it take longer to download which might bother those on dial up (or might not). But it's kind of a moot point right now since I don't have time to get all fancy with the graphics ;)

- Kay Dee
  25. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    1) Forthcoming... sometime... need to see if I have any I would want to use at this point.
    2) Taeriel
    3) Alison
    4) n/a
    5)none
    6) Star Wars!
    7) not at the moment
    8) not at the moment
    9) none

Not exactly a fountain of information at the moment, but maybe later I'll become more inspired or have more to show. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.