main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFanForce.com - "Members" page & Profiles, sign up here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by kay_dee, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    2) Tatooinepadme
    3) Rachel
    6) I'm did not discover Star Wars till I was a teenager but now I am totally hooked, especially thanks to one of my best friends. He didn't realize the monster he was creating.

Kathy, since I am one of the few who are still in the ancient world of regular film, I will talk to Robert about getting some pictures to you. Hope this helps. Also, will it be an option for members to alter their own profiles or is that something you will need to do?

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Since the posts here have a lot of "N/A"'s, maybe we could add somthing like "favorites" to profiles, i.e. favorite SW stuff (characters, film, etc.) and other favorites (music, books, foods, etc.)

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I was thinking the same thing. Similar to Rebel Legion. I think we need to keep it simple enough so people won't feel too hassled to fill out the info.

Eventually I can make a form on our members page for people to fill out, but that's after I get the gallery built and our members pages put together.

Right now I'm still trying to fill in all our 2005 events! We sure were an active group! Man, you sure know how to organize fun stuff to keep us SW fans busy throughout the year. Thanks for everything! [:D] I know it's a lot of work.

- Kay Dee

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Our web site doesn't run off a database, so profiles will all have to be updated by me. I will eventually build a form for people to fill out. What that will do is send me an e-mail with the info you typed in the form and I'll still have to go in and change stuff myself.

I just wanted to get all your info as fast as I could here without spending a day designing a form.

Thanks!

- Kathy

5. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    1) I'll find one
    2) Ms_Skywalker
    3) Gale Concepcion
    4) n/a
    5) n/a
    6) Interest: SW,LOTR,Science,Religions,Music,Movies
    7) I have a Princess Leia one (I'll find it!)
    8) n/a
    9) n/a

6. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I've updated the web site to include the names and photos of members who signed up in this thread. I'm still working on building individual pages with your detailed info and costume photos for those who submitted them. (If you said you'd get me costume photos and you didn't, then please get them in soon!)

I think the only exceptions that I added in to the listing were Erick (he's a council member so I just went ahead and added him), Sharon (I took your photo so I figured you were OK with it ;) ) and I put in StarSmugglers screen name.

If you don't see your name or screen name or photo there it's because it wasn't submitted to me. I can't really play with second guessing who does and doesn't want to be represented on the web site, it's not that I don't consider you all members :) I know we have a lot of new members now, so feel free to send me your info and I'll get you added.

Please check out the web page here: http://sffanforce.com/sf_members.html If you'd like me to edit your info in some way let me know. (send me a PM). It's not too late to send me a photo either, or if you decide you have a different one you'd like to use it will only take me a few minutes to make the graphic.

- Kay Dee

7. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    Ummm, none of my team are members as far as I know, but it's in the works that we might actually be performing at BayCon... what is the membership for?

8. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Hum, Sorry if it wasn't made clear. I'm speaking of "San Francisco Fan Force members." Our SF fan force web site has a page listing our official members, and for each member who submits information that I outlined in page one of this thread, they will have thier own page containing contact info, photos of costumes, a list of the various Star Wars clubs they belong to, a little bio about themselves - etc.

9. GreytaleNovastar1138

GreytaleNovastar1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2005
    Ah... I understand now... thanks! Well... let's see here...

1. Sure a photo is fine--right now, we don't really have anything but footage of us in action, lol!
    2. I'm not sure what a JC forums is... but I guess I'd go by Greytale Novastar.
    3. My real name is easy to discover, but I guess I'd go by Greytale Novastar... :)
    4. I'm not a member of the 501st nor the Rebel Legion... I just found out about these.
    5. Nah... my e-mail or TF.N private msg is fine.
    6. Bio can be found on my small business website. Balance of Power pages to be up soon.
    7. Costume is ready, but no photos yet. It is likely UN-canon, and 100% original. Not bathrobes, not bedsheets. Geez.
    8. http://www.thecuttingedge.s5.com
    9. jedi@thecuttingedge.s5.com

I'm terribly new to all of this, so forgive me. I honestly don't even know what happened to Cheri Chanel Vanacek, but I'm really sorry that whatever it is--it is painfully clear that it was dreadful... :( Perhaps we can dedicate at least one show to her in respect for SFFF's memory of her, although I never met her.

10. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    JC Forums is shorthand for 'Jedi Council forums'. That's the name of the message board here at the Force.net you are currently posting on :)

Perhaps I should point out that aside from posting at the boards and submitting membership profile info, in order to be an official member of this chapter of the Fan Force I believe there is some kind of quota like attending 3 meetings or SF Fan Force events. But the message boards here are free to use for any anyone signed up to TF.N :) So, the members listed on the web site have already met the criteria outlined here:

http://sffanforce.com/sf_join.html

- Kay Dee

11. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hey Kay_dee, here's my member info for the site:

2) JC Forums Name: LeiaAsylum
    3) Real Name (only if you wish): Anne
    4) If you are a Rebel Legion member or 501st member please include those names and affiliations as well.: N/A
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted. N/A
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes): Star Wars of course! I'm an old-school OT fan and I collect ANH Leia items. I also love reading, puzzles, movies, and fashion dolls.
    7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have.: (You'll have this soon if you don't already)
    8) Your own web site link if you have one. : http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/leiaasylum/
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.) : LeiaAsylum@hotmail.com

Thanks!

12. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    Hello Kay-Dee:

1. JC Forums Name: arashi
    2. Real Name (only if you wish): Mirtha
    3. If you are a Rebel Legion member or 501st member please include those names and affiliations as well.: N/A
    4. Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted. N/A
    5. A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes): 1st. Place: Star Wars. Mi numero Uno. Then I love everything relate it with Japan: Anime, J-pop, History, Doramas etc etc etc. My fav group is ARASHI.
    6. If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have.: (You'll have this soon if you don't already)
    7. Your own web site link if you have one. : http://www.myspace.com/arashi4dream
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.) : N/A

Gracias - Thanks!!!

13. Dolfinz

Dolfinz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2005
    I don't know if I qualify as a member yet...I've only been to two meetings...but I have been to three meetings or events (I was at V!) so maybe that counts? If so...

1) I don't have a shirt yet...or a costume...[face_whistling]
    2) JC Forums Name: Dolfinz
    3) Real Name (only if you wish) : Donna
    4) If you are a Rebel Legion member or 501st member please include those names and affiliations as well. : nope...
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted. : D0LFINZ (AIM...it's a zero, not an "o" btw ;) )
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes) : I'm one of the few Star Wars fans to join the insanity with the release of The Phantom Menace...but I love all the movies equally.
    7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have. : nope :(
    8) Your own web site link if you have one. : none :(
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.) : dolfinz@gmail.com (that one's an "o" not a zero! so confusing, I know :( )

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks Dolfinz! I'll add you, since you've been to a total of 3 events/meetings I'm sure everyone considers you official ;)

By the way, any photo will do. It's not a requirement to have a SF Fan Force shirt or a costume. But for those who do have the Fan Force shirts it's kind of cool to have it in the pictures.

- Kay Dee

15. jedizoe

jedizoe Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    here you go!!
    1) Place holder if you could please
    2)jedizoe
    3)Ashley Thomas
    4)N/A
    5)AIM SN : Ashumoondoe
    6) Artist, Massage Therapist, STAR WARS junkie, love movies, and music if you would like to know more just ask me.
    7)N/A
    8)N/A
    9)Ashumoondoe@yahoo.com

Thanks a bunch!!!!!

16. Callisto_DAerisian

Callisto_DAerisian Jedi Knight star 2

May 26, 2005
    Cathy, I was quite glad and very proud to see my photo on the SFFF website. Thank you dear!

I was wondering, whattabout member Zero_has_lightsaber? Also, would you be able to give an ETA on when the member profiles would be up and running? Thanks Cathy!

BTW Rachel, not that I am stalking you or anyone else in this group <he he> but I have loads of pics, quite a few with you in it. Check out the pics i submitted to Cathy on a CD and pick one from there if you like. I believe Cathy has posted most of them on our website. Let me know if I can help guys.

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I'm in the process of making the profile pages right now. I've actually made yours Sharon, but was waiting to do a few more before I upload the first group.

Can Zero submit info to me in this thread if he wants a profile page? I can add his username with the placeholder for now, unless one of you wants to send me a pic :)

- Kathy

18. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hi Kay Dee -

2) JC Forums Name: Rogue6
    3) Real Name (only if you wish): Casey
    4) Just affiliated with SFFF and Rogue Squadron - Rogue 6
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted: KCOO9
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes): I guess I like Star Wars... ;P I'm an avid sports fan, die-hard SF Giants and 49er's FAN. I love to play softball and tennis as well as other games of skill.
    7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have.
    I only have 1 Jedi costume so I guess I'll submit one to you soon.
    8) Your own web site link if you have one. : http://www.myspace.com/caseyshem
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.)

Thanks Kathy,

Casey

RSA EDIT: E-mail removed at poster's request. :)

19. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    heh heh .. thanks for the reminder Matt .. been kind of crazy on my side of the universe. I'm getting back into the swing of things =P~

2) JC Forums Name: elmoizme
    3) Real Name (only if you wish):NA
    4) If you are a Rebel Legion member or 501st member please include those names and affiliations as well: 501st Legion TK-2065
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted:NA
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes):Chillin with my family, movies, driving fast, watching race cars drive fast and oh yeah Star Wars
    7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have: I'll get back to you
    8) Your own web site link if you have one: http://www.myspace.com/elmoizme
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.):NA

20. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    2) Nivek Skywalker
    3) kevin d
    4) Not in any of the costuming clubs
    5)AOL screename "Anbafan" and Yahoo msgr "nismokevin2002"
    6) A short bio just look at my myspace page
    7)no costumes
    8) myspace.com/nismokevin
    9) anbafan@aol.com

21. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Kathy,

I gave some shirts out today at the meeting. I'll send you those photos ASAP. Would those of you who haven't given your info to Kathy, please do so (see first post on this thread). You can submit a temporary photo if you don't have a shirt yet if you like.

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Kevin,

Your photo and profile page are now up on the web site :) If you need something changed just let me know.

- Kathy

23. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually, I'd like mine changed slightly, I'll let you know to what later. :) I didn't realize you pulled direct info straight from my Rogue Squadron file Kat! lol... My myspace profile is a better to extract info from for future reference. I soooo need to update the Rogue Squadron bios and page. Especially since I'm about to lay down a dishonorable discharge to someone who's betrayed the unit... [face_frustrated]

"Hours of boredum and routine punctuated by sheer moments of terror..."
    -Commander Wedge Antilles
    When describing what's it like to fly with Rogue Squadron. It's true though... that's the crazy part...

24. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    2) JC Forums Name: Jedi_Tenken
    3) Real Name (only if you wish): Ming S. Pan
    4) Just affiliated with SFFF and Rogue Squadron - Rogue Leader/One
    5)Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted: mingspan
    6) A short bio if you'd like (Interests, likes, dislikes):
    I strive to be better than I was the day before. Not really a genius but a genius of hardwork. Totally into good stories in almost any form. Always up for a great time with old friends, adventures with new ones, and drinking everyone. :)

The impossible is what I do best and I'd like to be the very best in whatever I do. In the end, I just love cutting loose and having good times. When it comes to all the harder challenges in life all I need to say is: JUST BRING IT!

Movies, fitness, strength development, Genentech, biotechnology, biology, drinking socially, taijitsu, kenjitsu, strategy, animals, stories, nature, the outdoors, marine science, travel, humanistic pyschology, and zen.

Dislikes:
    People who don't signal before pulling into your lane, traffic, slow drivers who think they are fast, The DMV, lines, waiting in lines like at the DMV, crowds, crowds of annoying people, stupid people, smelly people, and/or people at the DMV. The new changes to the SW trilogy on DVD ESPECIALLY in ROTJ! George W. Bush, flakyness, betrayal of trust, and dishonor.

7) If you have costume photos you'd like posted please e-mail those pictures to me with the name of your characters/costumes. Please keep it to one photo of each Star Wars related costume you have. Will look for a good pic. :)
    8) Your own web site link if you have one. : http://www.myspace.com/jeditenken
    9) e-mail address (if you want it posted.) jedi_tenken@yahoo.com

25. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I'll work on that now Ming. I had extracted info from your Rogue page because that was what you instructed me to do at the time.

quetion Which of these does mingspan apply to exactly? (Aol, yahoo?)

Any AOLIM, YIM, MSN IM names you'd like posted: mingspan

- kay dee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.