main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF- 2009 Holiday Party

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    With this year just screamig by... Should we start working this out?

[image=http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/5695/Christmasalf.gif]

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I was going to bring this up at the last meeting and at the BBQ, but not everyone was there at either. Eva and I talked about having a holiday party/house warming at her new (bigger) place, with the possibility of having one big "unity" holiday party with SFFF, RL, and 501st in attendance, since her place is centralized between most people.

As of now, I could do Dec. 11th, 12th, 18th, or 19th.

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    I was just thinking about this yesterday actually.... Mmm... I realize Home One (my pad) was brought up as a possible spot as it does have the most overall space. I can talk about it with the higher ups and see what they say. I do request that if it does happen a formalized dedicated team be formed for clean up.

4. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    either sounds good, Ming's place is huge, and close within the bay area

5. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Either is good. But if it's in Tracy, I'm probably gonna crash for the night at a Courtyard or Fairfield in nearby.

6. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Eva has offered space for people to stay over since she knows its a drive for some of us, but obviously she can only fit so many people overnight.

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I talked with Eva last night, and will get some details before I send an Evite. It looks like she'd like to have a lot of people from SVRF, SFFF, RL, GGG and CCG for a potluck/housewarming!

I'm looking at probably Dec. 12 or 19 possibly, but I'll check to see if there are events scheduled those days.

8. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Okay are we talking about our standard SFFF Holiday party? Or is this a "Unity" Event thing? OR has this become an odd combination of both? I'm hella confused now... Specify the event(s)/target and let me know, cos otherwise I'm not even gonna bother asking...

Also if it becomes a multi-club event then it maybe impossible to get Home One... If it was my place solely I wouldn't care but I have neighbors to consider unfortunately. However if the Holiday party and Unity are seperate events... then that should be fine. Regardless there are still TONS of logistics for that as well as Tracy is more central of groups like the 501st and RL but rather out of the way for our own club members... I however, can still look into getting my place cos if you're talking ALL 3 clubs... The more space the better really...

Furthermore... as event ops go (thinking at the last meeting I was deemed event ops person and all...), shouldn't we have more of a consensus from the group first as to location as well as time? Maybe there are other things going on for people on the 12th and 19th as well. Rachel's b-day for one is Dec. 19th for one... if my near photographic memory serves. Right Rogue Four? ;) I don't know about everyone else but I don't like rushing an op without clear tactical info first. This is where we run into issues in the past.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Well, Eva wanted it to be a "Unity Holiday Party" for all groups to get to know one another, and as a housewarming party too.

Since Lou started the thread, maybe he should change the first post into a poll to determine a date. The earlier we decide on a date, the better for people to pencil it in on their calendar before they make other plans.

We could also do a quick meeting, but Eva will be out of town the weekend of her birthday (Nov. 7).

10. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I would vote against the 19th. It's getting close to Xmas, when a lot of people are probably busy gearing up for the holiday; some people might be out of town or might have relatives in town, ect. And for me personally, if I am in town that weekend I will be obligated to attend the company party on the 19th.

My vote goes for the 12th.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Alrighty, saves me effort so I'll concede the location. Considering I have no preset mission profile I can do anyday but since Rogue Four's b-day is on the 19th I will vote against having the party being on that day. So I'll say the 12th.

12. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'd vote for the 12th as well. I may need a ride to Eva's though. Or at least from the Pleasanton/Dublin BART station, which is kinda sorta on the way to Tracy.

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that I will have a car by then, tho.

13. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    12th sounds good.

14. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    The 12th works for me. I know from experience trying to do bday stuff that any closer to christmas and you run into scheduling conflicts for people. I don't know what I am going to do for my bday.

15. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
  16. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll give until the middle of next week for people to chime in before I make an Evite, which will be convenient for people to post what they'll be bringing. (Maybe I should post on the Yahoo Group too?) We'll still do the White Bantha exchange, and we also need to decide if alcohol will be allowed. Eva said she doesn't want any "incidents" in her new home.

:rolleyes:

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    The potluck stuffs should be posted on the evite or something so that everyone can track and see what others are bringing. Also will the white Bantha be ALL the other clubs? Cos that would get crazy as heck if it's over 20 people... Just keep that in mind... lol

I think we all know my answer concerning alcohol. ;)

18. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    The answer is that it is up to the person who is inviting us into their home, right? ;)

19. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll e-mail Eva on what she wants.

20. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    The 12th sounds OK. I also believe that since the White Bantha exchange is a big highlight of the Party itself, it would be for everyone attending. I don't think you have to worry about this party getting too huge. Honestly, two years ago I did invite RL members to the party and nobody came. Maybe that would be different now that many more of us know one another in RL, but the Holidays are a busy time so I'd imagine at best it would be a few added guests.

I say, bring on the biggest white bantha gift exchange ever!!! LOL!

As for alcohol, that will be mostly up to the hostess. She has the responsibility of making sure that minors are not drinking at her party, or that people are not over doing it. It's mostly her liability, but council members could be liable too since we are leaders of our club. I think this is a sensitive issue we need to agree on a serious game plan off boards if we are going to allow alcohol this year.

21. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    chugalug!

22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Here's the game plan... Anyone one gets out of control they'll be incapacitated by me personally: quick and quiet. [face_beatup] The end...

23. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Haha, sometimes when we are drinking and having fun it's hard to be a hall monitor. LOL! But I guess between you and Eva (she has agreed to keep an eye out for how people are doing too because she wouldn't want anything to happen in her new home) I think we'll be fine. Eva also wants everyone to be reminded this is a family friendly atmosphere, so she doesn't want people using the party to just get hammered/wasted/drunk. Howwever, wants those of us who know how to have one or two social drinks to be able to do so.

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's reasonable. I'm always hall monitor though, if you haven't noticed. lol

25. AKAI_FETT

Feb 27, 2006
    :oops:

Looks like we will not make it this year.
    I done forgot we will be in Sacramento(stink town),that weekend for Stephanie's niece's Birthday Party.

Have fun all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.