SFFF Council Nominations/Voting

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    What if we can't all be at the meeting? Can the original agreement Matt worked out with the RSAs be used? Secret ballot's PM'd to an outside moderator who will cross check the votes with our list of SFFF members?

2. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    This. Calling for people to step down is ridiculous. If you don't want someone on the council then don't vote for them. That's why we have elections. Now can we please keep the Adywan thing out of this. It's bad enough with all the crap on facebook without it spilling over onto these boards.
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    As stated by Rachel, council members are not TFN positions. Only CR's.

There's too much sweeping under the rugs around here.
  4. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    I don't care if you consider them or don't consider them TFN positions. That is totally irrelevant. I'm fed up with this issue spilling out into other threads. Enough already.
  5. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I truly hate to throw another complication into what is already a tense situation, and the last thing I want to do is to cause additional problems... but in all fairness I feel I do need to bring up the following.

I just realized in hindsight this morning - there was no second to Kathy's nomination of me. Please correct me if I am wrong, but as I understand the voting rules in order for me to be a legitimate candidate, another SFFF member needed to have seconded my nomination. I don't know whether I would count as an implicit but unstated 2nd by accepting the nomination - like a reverse "nominate yourself, seconded by another member" thing? I honestly don't know what the correct answer is in this case.

This complication is, to some extent, my fault. First, it's possible that my post accepting the nomination could have confused matters and helped people miss the second-the-nomination issue. But mostly, I should have realized this issue and brought it up sooner. I was too focused on other considerations in the situation, and missed it, and for that I apologize. (I feel slightly better given that no one else seems to have caught it either... at least I'm not the only one! Or maybe I'm wrong about there being a problem, but I'd rather be safe and check.)

I leave it up to the new CR and the RSAs to decide whether or not I am/was a legitimate candidate, and how to handle things from here on the matter if something needs to be done.
  6. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    My point was merely that the nomination for Tom had missed the deadline. Matt felt it was a done deal, that the council had been decided as of 12:01am January 31st. It seemed to me that we had a potential for a pretty big difference of opinion here on if the council as of 12:01am should stand, if Dale should be forced to step down, or if Rachel could now say we are extending the nomination period so that people can vote for additional council members like Tom. I didn't want to get in the middle of it.

If everyone agrees, we should come up with a new extension date for council nominations and can we please adhere to it this time? Anyone want to second Alison? (I'm having a hard time biting my tongue when I see such a combination of complaining and voter apathy all rolled into one).

I also agree, it's irrelevant if the Council positions are SFFF exclusive titles or not. We are a TF.N Fan Force chapter. We don't operate autonomously - even if the council positions happen to be unique to our particular chapter.
  7. docrichsgirl Jedi Padawan

I second Alison's nomination.
  8. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Our Global admin halibut and I have been discussing this and we have both agreed that an extension is needed for Council nominations.

Nominations for SFFF Council positions will be extended until Sunday February 7th, 2010 at 11:59pm.

9. sithlordblack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I nominate Dale.
    Everyone here I consider my friend. I ask everyone to look past this whole revisited thing. We all love this movie, but people, this is our hobby and not our lives. Both Dale and Ming are my friends and I love them both. But this thing is pulling the club apart and its really starting to piss me off. This is supposed to be fun. And the crap going on on IS NOT FUN.For years DAle has done nothing but help people out , have fun and try and make the club grow. Remember we are all not perfect, we make mistakes, but most of all, we are all friends in a club about something we all grew up with.
  10. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    well if ming or I or anyone else helping him were to make a worth while reply, then the thread would be locked.
  11. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    If it is needed, I second Dale. I agree with everything Charles just said. Quite frankly, I doubt I ever would have joined Fan Force if it were not for Matt and Dale so I thank both of them for being so welcoming to me when I was considering joining the club. I've met a lot of great people and made many friends through this club :) I want to keep it that way too.
  12. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I know Ming wants things to be the way they used to be too, I think all he wanted was a simple apology.
  13. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    If I'm running against only Allison to be on council, then I'll step down and decline.
  14. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    Short post- power out, phone Internet very limited.

Tom, I personally think you should still run, unless you'd prefer not to have a council position. You're a very active club member with a lot to contribute.
  15. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Maybe I did not see it clearly, but when voring for council members, do we vote for 1 candidate, or vote for three. And I'm guessing the three with the most votes become council?
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Hum, we can ask the RSAs - but I thought since there were 3 spots to fill, we would all vote for our 3 choices out of all of the eligible nominees. Because technically, if everyone only voted for one person - and though the odds are very slim, if every person in SFFF voted for the same person (let's say, we all voted for Alison as a single choice) then 2 spots remain totally empty which isn't what's supposed to happen.

3 spots, pick your 3 votes when voting time comes.

So Tom is not running directly against any one person. He's running with Alison, Dale, and I'm not sure if I'm eligible but maybe me too. Are we now saying every person must be nominated, even if they currently hold a Council position and didn't say they were stepping down?
  17. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Correct in that when the time comes for voting, you will vote for your top 3.
  18. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Let me just remind everyone that we are not voting for president of the united states here. And most people don't even do that. ;)
  19. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
  20. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
  21. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Rachel as CR
    Tom as council
  22. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Nominations and seconding them are public. Voting is to be private via PM to halibut.

It seems like EVERYTHING is being made public lately.

:oops:
  23. Callisto_DAerisian Force Ghost

star 2
    hahaa, that is exactly why i wanted to take my time to read everything and all of matt's instructions before posting. i will go ahead and vote today.

big thanks to all of you who have served - - your efforts are greatly appreciated.
    to all of you who will serve: a new era approaches. let's stick to the fun side of the force, and keep disagreements not under the rug, but diplomatically resolved.

rock on, sfff.
  24. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    [image=http://www.bobafettfanclub.com/multimedia/galleries/albums/userpics/10003/Vote_Boba_Fett_2008_poster_from_Zazzle.JPG]

[image=http://cache.gifts.com/photos/opd/J/4/C/C/J4CCFDJATKH4M5DHZQNM.jpg]
  25. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Just to confirm, you guys and gals should be sending me 3 votes each for the council positions, yes?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.