SFFF Council Nominations/Voting

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think the first step would be to publicly state which two candidates the tie was between.
    Also here's a thought: Even if we did have 4 council members and we had to vote, then the CR would be the odd vote to break any further ties, so i think having 4 officers would be workable. But furthermore, I think however the CR decides how to solve our current problem should be unarguable and absolute.
  2. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I originally thought it would help to know who the tie was between, but in thinking it out more clearly, it doesn't matter. What matters is for people to know there is some sort of tie so if you have not voted, please vote :) Because the vote should break the tie.

I wish we'd kept records of who was in council and when. I clearly remember when I was put on the council I was an ADDITION, I didn't take the place of anyone who stepped down.

Maybe Matt remembers more clearly, I think this is how it's been in the past (as of the time that I joined the club. I don't know the history before that).

A) Dale, Robert, and Erick were council members.
    b) I was added to council a couple years after I joined and so it was Robert, Dale, Kathy & Erick (4 council members)
    c) The next year Robert decided to step down and we verbally nominated/voted Rachel to take his place.
    d) The following year (or two years?) later Erick had to take his break from SFFF. So he was removed from council while he took care of some stuff. He rejoined SFFF last year after those issues were taken care of, but was not put back into council. We didn't worry about replacing his spot when he took his break because we still had the minimum 3 people in position and it met the percentage guidelines for the club.

Sooo - my point is that at one time a few years ago we had 4 council members so it is possible to have 4 again. :)
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    That's is right, we did have 4 council members at one time.
  4. Taeriel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not sure that's how I would choose to phrase it... "that sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me", to quote Padme. ;) Honestly, I don't have the impression that's Rachel's style. She's pointed out the importance of giving every effort to make this a democratic decision. I think she's doing the right thing and completely agree with how things are being handled, so I'm definitely not saying that this course of action should be argued. I just want to be careful that we don't give the impression that we're setting a precedent for any future CR to have unarguable power, if that makes sense. :)

However things turn out, I'm sure it will all be fine in the end.
  5. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Just to keep you up to date, I've had 2 more votes. And we're still tied!
  6. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Rachel and I had discussed letting the vote extend until midnight this sunday and after her approval I sent out a notice to our Yahoo group indicating this. Since she is our CR I thought she had corresponded with you Halibut.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.