main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Holiday Party '04

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I don't know why I waited this long to post this, but at the last meeting we discussed having a Holiday party, where we can exchange presents. For those of you who weren't there last year, we had it at Mong's and we all brought gifts (SW-related) and exchanged them. I also believe it was a potluck(?). Eva has volunteered her place in Hayward this year. The only thing that has to be decided upon is the date and time. How's the 18th sound? We could also make it our meeting for the month as well. Any thoughts?

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    The whole day of the 18th is bad... if it was just the afternoon it would be ok but Rogue Four's b-day takes precedent.

3. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Wasn't that the 19th?

4. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Negative, it's the 18th, I'm pretty sure. The 12th is cool though... or the 19th... both are Sundays.

5. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    19th is no good, what about the 17th? By the way, whos Mong?

6. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I have no problems with friday the 17th but I would thing those who actually work normal hours may object...

7. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I usually work nights and weekends, and the only days I'm free for the next two weeks are Dec. 10, 13, and 18.

BTW, Mong is "Bizarro" Ming. :)

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, I just found out that the 17th-20th are no good since Eva will be in Tahoe. D'oh! So, maybe the week OF Christmas, or how about after?

9. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    I had suggested holding Festivus on December 23rd to the EB Fan Club. Any thoughts?

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You know, it doesn't have to be before Chrsitmas. We could do it on the 26th, the 1st, or the 2nd.

11. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    You know... he has a point there... :)

12. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Christmas party sounds great, however the 3rd weekend of this month am leaving for Lake Tahoe for 4 days, going skiing. Our first ski trip of the season. The SFFF is more than welcome to use my home while I am absent.When you all decide, let me know.
    After Christmas party sounds great too, the mad shopping rush will be over and a person can actualy relax and party than. Just a suggestion.

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay. What happened to going to the go-cart place in Redwood City for a get-together?

I'm open to a Christmas party, btw, Eva's house sounds good.

Just make it someplace I can get to on BART and you've got a deal! Sat & Sun are best for me 'cause I work during the week.

14. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I have also forgotten to mention , some of us are going through finals 2 days before christmas, so the 3rd weekend might not be good for some of us. The winter semester is over the second week of December, around the 13th, however this year it is not so and finals are the week of christmas. My last final is on 22nd. Drinking is great after the finals are over.

15. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Anne, for the get-together, we're trying to coordinate with the South Bay Club as to what date's good for the, plus we have to figure the weather factor, since it'll be mostly outdoors. As soon as we find out more, it'll be posted. So keep checking!

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Thanks! Will do!

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Actually a outdoor event in winter? It may not be the best of ideas... a get together of clubs event and a holiday party does not have to be on the same day either.

18. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    Well now that I am staying out here with you guys, and not going home for the holidays...I am up for any kind of party/star wars event!

We once did a "Hoth" themed xmas party back home...very popular except we did have 3 feet of the white stuff all around.

Is there a final date yet? Just post and let me know- also...I want to go to the con in Feb. , where can I find info?

Hope to see you all soon- Eric / Jedihexer

19. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    so what is the official date and time????

20. jedihexer

Apr 17, 2002
    So what is the official date and time? Just checking!

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Let's get this scheduled ASAP. For me, I'm available only this Saturday night the 18th and Christmas Eve.

22. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    I second that! Need to know soonest as the place I work at has a big Christmas party with Santa Claus on the 18th and I'd love to take my niece's kids to that if our party is going to be later in the month or next year, even.

23. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    As I mentioned prior, 18th is bad. 24th is probably iffy for a lot of people... All I can think of for m personally is the 17th and 26th and beyond that. Nothing till have the 2nd of the New Year.

24. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    How about Christmas Day, but at night? Everyone's off work!

25. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Sunday the 26th would be better. On Christmas, I have to cook the dinner, clean and take my mom back to the nursing home.

Sunday I be less tired after 8 pm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.