main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Holiday Party '04

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Dec 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Just got better, I rolled my ankle playing basketball and it's sucking... ah well

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    aww..everyone is either sick or injured. First Ming, now LDV. Stay well everyone! Of course I can't speak for myself, I just went and stood out in the pouring rain for 10 minutes just because I could.

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Well I'm glad to say I haven't been sick...for a long, long time. I guess its because of my high midichlorian count. ;) But getting back to the topic, so I guess its the 7th or 8th? I'm free both dates.

4. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    7th or 8th okay for me. The 9th is the premiere of the 4th season of '24,' so would have to be home by 7 pm to watch that if we all decide to go with Sunday instead of Friday or Saturday.

5. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    That's what VCRs are for...

6. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    That's what Bit Torrent is for.

7. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Thats what Tivo is for.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    That's what's friends are for....keep smiling, keep shining....oops, went off topic. :) Anyway, I just spoke to Eva, and it lloks like the 7th is perfect. How's 7 pm sound?

9. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    I was hoping for more of a day time thing.

10. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    The seventh is perfect for me, anytime will do.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, it looks like the 7th is a good day for most everyone. As for time, is 6 pm better? I know Robert, you have to go to work around 8:30. If this sounds good for everyone, please post. If not, I don't think we should start no later than 7 pm. Bring snacks to eat/drink and a SW gift to exchange. Remember, we have A LOT to talk about, and we'd like to have as many members present to discuss things. It's still at the same place (Eva's). If you're taking BART, get off at the SOUTH HAYWARD station, NOT the Hayward station. When you get there, call me and I can pick you up. It's only a few minutes away. PM me for address and/or my cel #.

12. DarthVader79

DarthVader79 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2001
    Does anyone want to go see white noise on the 8th at the Metreon? The cast of Veronica Mars is going to be there.

13. Harlock415

Aug 21, 2003
    Depending on te time, I'm in. But what is Veronica Mars?

And the meeting time is fine with me.

14. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Rob,
    Veronica Mars is the title character of a Teen Detective show on the UPN network. FYI - my buddy Noel, in San Diego played an extra as a motorcycle gang-member on Episode 7.

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, 6 pm. on the 7th at Eva's house, got it.

16. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Hi all, party sounds great. Is there a spending limit on the gifts? I thought it was $10 but I want to make sure. Can I possibly snag a ride with someone? I live in SF but can probably get a ride to your location. I am happy to pitch in for fuel and docking fees! Thanks in advance for your consideration! :)

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Friday is clear and is go.

18. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The basic rule for the gift is get something SW-related that you'd get for yourself (you'll see why after Ming explains the rules for the gift exchange!). Just make sure its wrapped, and don't forget snacks!

19. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Won't be there, don't get off work until 7PM and have to head home to take care of dependent feline lifeforms.

20. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    Lots to cover in one meeting: a gift exchange, a changing of the guard election, and major business concerning WonderCon. All within one night...hmmm

Although it already may be said, I suggest an immediate follow-up meeting, say right after getting Carrie Fisher's autograph next week? And a few more unnofficially before the the official Feb. WonderCon meeting?

21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, what time is the meeting? 6 p.m. or 7 p.m.?

Need to know soonest!

22. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Thanks to everyone who came tonight. Britney, it was nice meeting you. I hope we didn't scare you off. :) Trust me, these guys are OK when they're sober.

23. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    It was fun seeing you all again. Thanks for coordinating the party and thanks for hosting the party Eva. Until Wondercon (or hopefully I can stop by a meeting or event before then).

24. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    What-ta are you taking about att, Matt?! *throws a half full MGD bottle in his general direction* Now that I'm ain'ts the CRs any longers let me tell you what I REALLY think of all you...... *trails of in gibberish falling asleep* !@#$%^&*!!!!!!!! HAAHAHAHAHAA!!!! ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

Oh but seriously though! Britney! Welcome to the club! It's always nice to see the face that goes with the screen name. Hope you'll make it to our events and meetings. It's fun and there's usually food involved! :)

25. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Thanks for welcoming me to the club! I finally have met people that share my obsession with the galaxy far far away. No you didn't scare me off. However, if all of you had been dressed up like Jar Jar Binks and started chanting in Gungan to me, well... no, I'm just kidding :) . I will definitely try to make it to all the meetings, I look foward to getting to know all of you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.