main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Holiday Party 2008

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    I'll be bringing turkey sandwich wraps probably.

I'M NOT COOKING RIBS!

2. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt - I think we need to state what time the party starts and ends. I have people asking me, and I need to know too! Besides, I wanted to update our web site while I had a second and now I can't post the complete info :( For now I'm saying 5:00 to midnight since that is the time we had it last year.

FYI - it is looking like I'm probably going to the Dickens Fair that day. So I probably wouldn't get to the party until that is over(the fair closes at 7:00 pm).

3. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Kathy, 5-midnight sounds good. We will probably set up around 4:30 or 5 figuring that most people won't get there till later. I hope you have fun at the fair. Rob, Anne and I are planning to go Dec 9.

4. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    POTLUCK ITEM: I'll bring my usual deli and cheese platter with some rolls and crackers. That way I can pack it in my ice chest and it should keep OK in my car while I'm at the Dickens fair.

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll bring the ever-unpopular veggies! No, really, I have a new recipe for winter vegetables that will go well with turkey wraps or turkey itself and you won't even know you're eating your veggies!

I'll try to bring Adam, too.

My daughter won't be here until the 17th, so she won't be at the party, altho she had a blast last year. She loved the Star Wars parody films!

6. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Matt, can you start a food check off list so we know who is bringing what? So there are no doubles. I will bring a dish, plus some "Ng Ka Pei" to drink.

7. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    Robert, you are not cooking ribs, oh man, what a shame. Okay, in that case I can cook turkey or ham which one do you prefer?

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Lou, if I start a food list, then I'll have to have the RSA edit it each time someone adds or changes their item. The thread isn't big and it's only a week away, so I can put one up maybe the Thursday before for you slackers! [face_shame_on_you]

Eva, as I said, people should bring what they want, as long as it feeds a dozen people or so. Personally, I'd bring something with as little clean-up as possible, and would be easy to take home as leftovers (unlike mashed potatoes or macaroni salad, etc.)

Oh, and Eva, don't forget your belt! ;)

9. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Well, I'm still bringing veggies, regardless of how hard they are to pack up as leftovers.

Still no word from Adam.

10. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    MaTT, what belt?

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    YOUR TIE FIGHTER PILOT BELT! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery/sjparade07/IMG_0275

12. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I thought maybe Eva had her belt on but had it up high - hiding under her armor.

13. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
    i'll prolly bring a costco rotisserie chicken or bagel bites depending on how much time i have on saturday.

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Just want to reinstate what I mentioned on the Yahoogroups: Feel free to invite friends who may want to join SFFF - be it from another group (or not). Any potential new members (or contacts) are welcome!

Oh, Dale and I got our Christmas card from LFL. I'll bring it to the party. :D

15. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Skye_Solo is without internet so I'm passing along that she will bring Pumpkin Pie.

16. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    I get off work in the City at 6:45. And even though taking Muni may be a direct route straight to the complex, BART is faster. So can someone PLEASE pick me up in the Mission at BART? [face_praying] I should arrive no later than 7:15pm.:cool:

BTW - If it's not too cold, will the Hot Tub be available for use?

17. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I just got off the phone with Joan. She and her husband Richard will be carpooling with me to the party. We are not going to the Dickens fair that day (we are going on the 22nd instead). She doesn't get off work until 4:00, so we probably won't leave San Jose until after 5:00. So we should get there around 6:30 or so.

Potluck Item:
    Joan will either try to make rice pilaf or we can pick up mashed potatoes from Boston Market to use as a side dish with Eva's Turkey.

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Dale, one of us can definatly come get you at Bart. If anyone else is coming in on Bart, if you can come on the early side that would be good. The hot tub will be available.
    My aim is to make choc. chip cookies but if I run out of time, they might not be homemade.

19. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    Ok, I am bringing a pesto pasta salad. It's nutso good. Plus it has no meat for you no meaties.

20. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    At this point, most likely, I will not be able to attend.
    Happy Hoidays to all!
    Thank you.

21. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Okay, I was just double-checking to see if I should bring a dessert instead of veggies, but it looks like the dessert area is covered, so veggies it is!

And Adam has reached that stage in life when he would rather be with friends his own age! So, he won't be coming with me! :_|

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Ah I don't blame Adam for wanting to be with the other kids. I was looking at our group photo from a few years ago and thinking 'wow, Adam and Elton's son have grown so much in the last few years!'

23. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Is someone covering utensils, cups, and napkins?

24. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    We have a bunch of stuff left over from Ming's party. The only thing we are missing is cups. I can get them tommorow.

25. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, here's what everyone's bringing, based on what they've posted:

Matt - Coke, Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Dagobah Punch, cookies, tablecloth, Hershey's kisses, SW Trivial Pursuit, Yoda, Christmas music

Dale - eggnog & strawberries & cream pie

Robert - turkey sandwich wraps

Anne W - veggies

Anne M - pumpkin pie

Eva - turkey(?)

Kathy - deli & cheese platter w/rolls & crackers

Gale - lumpia

Kevin - rotiserrie chicken or bagel bites

Lou - pesto pasta salad

Rachel - chocolate chip cookies

Joan & Richard - rice pilaf or mashed potatoes

Did I miss anyone? Can someone bring chips & dip?

Everyone, don't forget your "White Bantha" gifts ($10 - 20 value approx.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.