SFFF Holiday Party - Dec. 18, 2005

Discussion in 'San Francisco, CA' started by JedHead1, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yes, it's that time of year, guys and gals. For those of you who are new and not familiar with this event, we get together in December for not only one last meeting of the year, but also to elect (or re-elect) new "leaders" of the club. We'll also talk about what's happened in the last year, and what's coming up in the next. It is a potluck, so bring anything you want. Also, we have a gift exchange, where everyone buys a Star Wars-related item ($10+), we pick numbers and people either choose a gift or take a gift from someone who's already gotten one. It's all in good fun. :) We could also play the SW Trivial Pursuit DVD game and perhaps the "Star Wars Holiday Special"! Just kidding. I won't be that cruel. ;) Yes, new members are encouraged to come! It'll be a great way to meet and get to know everyone!

Anyway, please try to keep that date open. Most likely it will be starting anytime late afternoon and go on till whenever. As of now, a location is being looked at, so check here for more updates. If you can or can't make it, please post here as well.
  2. DarthVader79 San Francisco FF Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    "Star Wars Holiday Special! Just kidding. I wont be that cruel."

...Again
  3. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    We have Leaders (plural)? Just Kidding ;) I know the group is loose and fun, but if we are doing an election type of thing perhaps someone can dig up that link to the bylaws or whatever (I think they were posted in a thread about the web site design). I want to be an informed voter [face_peace].

Hey, I have not seen that since it originally aired! I barely remember it (some might say that's a good thing!). Anyway - I wouldn't mind if it was playing in the background.

I hope I can make it!

- Kay Dee
  4. Kai_Vandekar Jedi Master

star 4
    Is it during the day, or the evening? I have a commitment in the afternoon, so was just checking...

- Kai
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    HOpefully I can get that night off.
  6. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will be there. Count me in.
  7. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Matt, the location is already reserved for that Saturday night. But Friday night and Sunday night are still free. Would either of those nights be an option?
  8. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    So is the 17th the official day or not? I need to request that day off ASAP! :)
  9. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    It'll be the 18th instead (Sunday).
  10. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    Awesome. I'll make sure to clear that day up in my schedule.
  11. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Matt, hopefully I won't be stepping on toes but I wanted to let everyone know about the location we found.
    It's actually the clubhouse at my apartment building. It's got a full kitchen, a large barbaque, fireplace, television and nice seating. There is also a hot tub and small lap pool next to it (although not included in the rental). The rental cost is $95 so there will be a small charge for admission (depending on how many people plan on coming, it should be less than the Alpha Bar lol). And if you are really lucky, you might get to see my place. :)
  12. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Cool! Thanks, Rach! I'll bring a little Christmas tree with Star Wars ornaments! :) BTW, when is the deadline for the payment, and can we use the hot tub and pool if no one's using it?
  13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Did we change the date from the 17th to the 18th?

What are the times we are talking about here also?
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, the place was already booked for the 17th. As for the time, we could start after 3 pm to set up, I guess. We have the place until midnight, so that gives people time throughout the day to come in when they can.
  15. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Umm... so 17th or 18th??? Choose one!
  16. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    17th was already taken, Tenken.

so it's the 18th.
  17. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
  18. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a little clubhouse place in my gated community as well... It has just about everything that the one mentioned has, plus a sauna and a large indoor pool. To reserve it, you only need to leave a deposit (which you get back if there's no damage or mess afterwards). Just a little FYI for future events.
  19. Ms_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I am moving that weekend. I'm sooo flippin bummed right now :_|
  20. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Matt,
    We should probably get him the money at least a week ahead of time. As for the hot tub, we can use it regardless, we just can't keep other people out if they want to use it. But I think if they see all of us, they probably won't. hee hee We should probably set up some kind of potluck list at some point so we know what everyone is bringing. I already told Robert he has to make ribs, assuming it's not raining of course. I assume it will start raining at some point this year.
  21. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    OK, for those of you who are definitely going, you can give me or Rachel $5-6 to start with whenever you see us, or you can PayPal me the $ at: toschestation@yahoo.com. I'll give whatever I get in PayPal to Rachel, and whatever we still need, well, let's discuss that as the time gets closer.

As for what to bring, I'll bring some "Mustafar" punch. ;)
  22. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    Matt, I'll send payment this weekend.

As for the potluck... I don't know what to bring. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  23. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I'll drop $20 for this if I don't have to bring a thing. The Spring time of youth waits for no one and being the genius of hardwork omits things like cooking and waiting in annoying lines... If I had my own kitchen it would be ON, but for now, whatever... Although I do have a request, and that would be to have a regulated area for the "specialty" drinks. ;)
  24. CagedReality Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was thinking of making a Star Wars themed drink, like Matt's Mustafar Punch... Instead, it would be Aunt Beru's Blue Milk. It wouldn't have to be milk, or course. It would have to taste good, and look like a chalky blue liquid. Hahah.

But seriously though... No ideas on what I could bring?
  25. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    I think blue milk would taste good if it could be made blue and taste like vanilla milk or strawberry quik or something like that.
    I am thinking about what to make or bring. It should be no problem. Where I am moving to I will have two kitchens now, so no worry on cooking space, lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.