San Fran, CA SFFF Holiday Party - Dec. 18, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Ummm... the pool isn't the kind you can really swim in. Although she is small so it may work.
  2. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Robert, if you'd rather have me buy more ribs rather than bring burgers let me know. We have a good butcher by my house, so if it's ribs specify the type you prefer.

The thing is, ribs are sometimes marinated ahead of time - so this might be something that Robert preps at home before the party and then brings them to bbq. In that case, me bringing more ribs won't help.

- Kay Dee
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Yep kathy, I put a rub on them the night before and slow cook them for several hours after a day. So I'd be marinating on Friday, cooking on Saturday. Marinating Chicken on Saturday, cooking on Sunday.
  4. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    I figured (my husband makes ribs sometimes).

So - if I'm reading Eva correctly I still should not bother with Hamburgers because everyone just wants ribs and chicken. I don't want to waste money and time on all that stuff if it won't be needed.

I'm heading out of town for a few days. So if by Friday night someone can kind of give me a better idea if I should do Eva's platter idea (cheese, meats, crackers) please let me know. Just put me down for something and I'll get it. Just don't want to repeat what someone else is already bringing.

- Kathy
  5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    The platter idea is great, actually.
  6. jawbreaker666 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey all, I'm super excited, I already gave my dough to Rachel, which can be used for Robert's Ribs.....mmmmmmm.....and all i need is the address. And I think i'm getting back from L.A. on Saturday night, so I can make it our hopefully early to help set up, or just hang.
  7. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I can bring eggnog...I can bring some food too...I can't cook so maybe I'll get a party platter of some kind at Costco...what do you guys want?
  8. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Here are some things off the top of my head that haven't been mentioned to bring yet: Christmas candies (Hershey's kisses, etc.), a giant bag of tortilla chips and dip/salsa (the five-layer dip is good), a ham, mashed potatoes, and for alcoholic drinks, the Smirnoff Ice multi-pack with different flavors. Going back to the rib thing, maybe burgers can be an alternative to ribs and chicken. The more choices, the better. I know there are several people here that like to eat! ;) And they are easy to cook. Any thoughts?
  9. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aww...I'm gonna miss Robert's famous ribs! :(
    Hope you guys enjoy your party. The Rogues will be feasting this weekend also.
    We'll raise a glass of Eggnog to seeing you all at WonderCon next year!
  10. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    Here's an idea...Hey jawbreaker Mark,why don't you bring an acoustic guitar to this event as well? It'll sooooo add to some cheesy holiday spirit! Besides, this'll be a chance for us to hear you peform live. [face_dancing] [face_mischief] Just as long as we don't sing the "Life Day" song from the Holiday Special. [face_thinking]
  11. sithlordblack Jedi Knight

star 1
    I should be there. Racheal do you need me to send you money or would you rather me bring something or both.
  12. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    I still have half a bottle of Vanilla Stoli and some Baileys. :D
  13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Even better, I talked to Mark and he wants to bring the Guitar Hero game for PS2 to the party so you can try to play yourself and keep up with the likes of Brian May et al.

But as far as life day is concerned, there will be abosolutely no showing of the Star Wars Holiday Special in any shap or form.
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    If anyone sees that ROTS 3-flavor popcorn tin at Toys R Us, that would be something good tp bring as well!
  15. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yay! No holiday special. I can already tell it's going to be a great night!
  16. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll bring eggnog and the Xmas candies.
  17. LeiaAsylum Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wish I could be there will you all, so have some ribs, egg nog, and other goodies for me!

Whaddya mean no Holiday Special - ?? I know *I* can't go without seeing Jefferson Starship in a SW setting [face_laugh]
  18. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Charles, we have been asking everyone to kick in $5 toward the rental fee of the space. You can always give that to me on Sunday. If you want to also bring something that would be awsome. Drinks might be a good thing, maybe soda or juice for the non drunks.
    I'm going to be at Serramonte Saturday night so I can check Toys R Us for the popcorn. I'm really looking forward to this party.
  19. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Rach, I already checked TRU for the popcorn, but they're out. But Erick told me that Target has them too.

BTW, does anyone have a label maker, with white or clear tape? If so, could you bring that to the party? Thanks.
  20. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a label maker. And I think I have clear tape for it. I know I'm out of white tape for sure, though.
  21. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    FYI - I don't know if it's been offered on this now very long thread - but I volunteer to bring chips & salsa/dip to this shindig. :)
  22. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    Did anyone see Conan O'brien lastnight? They had that guy doing the One Man Star Wars Show on. He was hilarious. I can bring it to the party.
  23. AnasianSkywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    ^ I know, it was hilarious. My bro, Erick, and I saw him do the whole thing at Comic-Con 2004. I did tape it as well, maybe I'll save it on a DVD+RW. Still, it does not beat Star Wars in 30 Minutes. [face_laugh]
  24. skye_solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Yes, Elton please do bring it. I've never seen it before.
  25. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just finished the encoding on How the Sith Stole Christmas. And I'll be bringing in ADigitalMan's re-edit of Episode III plus of course Nightmare Before Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Robot Chicken.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.