main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Holiday Party ^^

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey all, as stated in the meeting the topic of the holiday party did come up. Last year Eva graciously opted to host the party at her place in Lathrop. SFFF has again been invited to use her place of residence at her home as long as we also offer assistance with the set up and break down. I'll volunteer for that op as I'm use to doing random chores at her place. ^^

With regards to Eva, she has always been a generous and supportive as a member in our group to ALL of us. It seems that there are some "discussion" occurring else where and it seems there has been egregious abusive of her good will on several fronts... o_O I openly support my friend who just want what's right and fair for her friends and herself along with her own grandchild, Angelica (our youngest member). Rogue Squadron, therefore, openly throws their support to her with no hesitation. As Eva is the mother of one of my dearest Rogues and a constant source of eccentric fun and entertainment, we want to support her, Heli, and further more, in Chanel's honor, who we all lost just over 7 years ago now (2003 Oct 25th). That's how friends should be... and there is no compromise in honor and honestly amongst true friends. Either that or this is another... err... what was it called? "misunderstanding"/"miscommunication"? Seems to be a lot of this going on for some odd reason from certain people... curious... ^^

Anyway! =D As the locations has been graciously donated to us... All there is now is to pick a date. ^^ Unless there is uber-objection to the location but I imagine those who would object have their hands full at the moment.

2. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Ming, if there are any issues going on please bring them to the attention of the CR and Council first, rather than starting with a negative post. If there is a problem, we can do our best to resolve it in a fair and peaceful manner. I have no clue what you are talking about in this instance, and I doubt the majority of the club membership does either. Let's keep things positive, respectful and in the spirit of the holidays, ok? No one wants drama at any time of the year, let alone over the holidays. :)

It's very generous of Eva to offer to host the party again. However, I do think it is fair to open up discussion of location to the general club membership. The group at the last meeting was too small to make the final decision for everyone. Chances are we will end up going to Eva's, but it wouldn't hurt to give everyone a chance for input first.

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah Ming, starting rumors here is a bad call - and has nothing to do with planning the SFFF party. How else do I say, I'm tired of this immaturity and negativity? It seems like the title of planning a SFFF party is a veiled attempt to complain about a personal issue that is currently being resolved and there was absolutely no need to bring it up here.

Keep on topic.

4. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I think after listening to member feedback for a few days, the CR and counsel should vote where to have it.

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I concur with Nebelwerfer. It is nigh impossible for me to get to Lathrop, unless someone graciously offers me a ride. The train that stops across the street from Eva's place does not run on the weekends.

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    So support for a friend is out of the question... interesting... classic. Furthermore, it's not a rumor when you've already discussed this in depth with the main person involved. Tired of negativity? lol... hilarious considering... well... haha...

Actually, you're absolutely right... I shouldn't posted it here. However, sweeping things under the rug IS NEVER MY STYLE. Veiled attempt? Orly... lol nothing about me is veiled, don't you understand that by now? I was only sparing certain people further embarrassment concerning exact details. I could give names, exact details, postings with the time stamps... etc... wouldn't that be interesting? See, the thing is, "negativity" as it was put it is only valid if there is no evidence to back it up. Then it's a matter of opinion. When it's rather overwhelming and threatens to crush a club... several clubs actually, then it should be dealt with in an open forum, not via fan politics. Overall, I'm tired of games, hidden agendas, and passive aggressive-ness. Funny how I get a lot of this info though isn't it? Something to consider along with near photographic memory. ^^

Eva's offer and this latest issue are directly inter-related actually because it's about Eva as a person and in turn Heli and what they mean to a lot of us. I said I am supporting a friend, that is all. Anything further and it does turn rather messy doesn't it? I stand by what I say, and I stand by my friend... If someone, anyone does harm to my friends then I WILL reply in kind. Rogue Squadron protects it's own and their friends.

I agree, let the club vote... no issues with that. That's how is should be... It was just a generous offer.

7. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    Just so you guys know, my vote will be for Eva's house.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    CR/Council members, please create a new thread to discuss the planning of the holiday party, as this thread was obviously not made for that purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.