main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA SFFF Members check in here!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    EDIT: This thread was originally created and stared by the previous RSA, Mara_Jade_Fan. It has been modified by me, JediRacer.

Greetings! You have taken your first step into a larger world!

Welcome to the San Francisco Fan Force forum. Here you can meet fellow fans in your area and plan meetings and events. If you are interested in joining this group, please post here. To help us learn a little about you, please post a little information about yourself:

Name: (First is fine, we're not formal)
    SW Related Interests:
    Non-SW Related Interests:
    {So we know what other activites you might like)
    How did you get started on SW: ("Hello, My Name is Jennifer, & I've been a SW addict since I was 7. . ." - It's fun to share this one).

I'll start off as an example:
    Name: Matt (JediRacer, not your SFFF Matt)
    SW Related Interests: I'm a big collector of Star Wars stuff and I like to wear my Jedi and Rebel Trooper costumes any chance I can get.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I like cars, going to Hawaii, wasting time on the internet, eating, watching movies, and trying new things.
    HOw did you get started on SW: I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977 when I was 7 years old, and it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I've been a huge fan ever since.

So introduce yourself and make new friends!! There's nothing greater than a group of people who share Star Wars as a common interest.

RSA EDIT: Stickied. Expires 6/25/10 :)

2. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Name: Ming
    Location: San Francisco, Ca, USA North America, Earth, Milky Way
    SW Related Interests: TMTC (too many to count)
    Non-SW Related Interests: Shania Twain, Smallville, fitness, weaponry, archery, fire arms, fighting techniques, biotechnology, animals, DVDs, and tearin it up with my Rogues!
    How did you get started on SW: started? I never stopped... I think I was 5 when I saw ANH and watched like 50 times or so until my aunt took the tape back. When I was my last year in middle school I wanted to see it again and it kinda snowballed too here as CR of SF Fan Force and I think rather infamous for knowing way too much about every tiny detail about SW and beyond (EU, games, etc.)...

3. cirrocco

cirrocco Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Name: Cirrocco (or Patrick, whichever you prefer)

SW Related interests: costumes, props, fan films

Non-SW Related interests: writing, Linux, leather working, politics (but, hey, who DOESN'T like discussing politics?)

I got started on Star Wars when I was about 9 or so. Mostly I just wanted my own lightsaber, but now I really want to be a Jedi. I'm pretty close; all I need is the Force and a lightsaber. I got the nifty pajamas and the beard.

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Name: Matt

SW Interests: Collecting autographed photos, vehicles, 12" dolls, and anything Natalie Portman-related!

Non-SW Interests: God, The Beatles, Bruce Lee, costuming, the human condition, trivia, photography/art books, movies & TV, life & death, I don't know, lots of stuff!

How you got started on SW: I remember seeing the trailer on TV when I was seven, and I've been hooked ever since, and it keeps my young!

5. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Hi, Lady Sami here.

Known as: Anne1 (there's another Anne in the SFFF)

Age: Hey, you know better than to ask a lady her age! (See below)

I collect stuff, but not obsessive about it. ;)

How I got started in SW: Saw the orginal, best and greatest SW first in 1977 when it was first released as only STAR WARS, no Ep. IV, A New Hope. I was 27 at the time, you can do the math.

Other interests: All SciFi, LOTR, I also knit, crochet, sew and cook. Read constantly. Rock music, and classical (but not opera!), jazz and the Beatles.

6. TK-855

TK-855 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2004

Name: Bob

SW Related Interests: Costuming, scripts, gaming. Some collectibles, but nothing extensive.

Non-SW Related Interests: Writing, Drawing, Reading (SF/Fantasy, Techno-Thriller, Laurell K. Hamilton, History, Philosophy), Collecting Soundtracks, Photography (occasional hobby), Magic (sleight of hand)

How did you get started on SW: Was in high school, classmate who claimed that a guy named John Dykstra was his brother-in-law collared me and said, 'You have GOT to see this film!' We caught the early afternoon show at the Coronet (there were maybe, what, 50 people there). I started calling other friends and took them to see it ... my Dad used to ask, "Haven't you already seen that?" Finally joined 501st Legion in 2003 and donned stormtrooper armor (hey, don't look at me like that, I had Jedi robes before I had armor).

7. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    NAME: Dale (to set the record straight, screen name pronounced "Anuhzhihn", like Anakin)
    SW RELATED INTERESTS: Costuming, going to Cons, collecting w/my bro Jedhead1, standing in line (duh ;)) and proving to the world that Luke Skywalker "can" be Asian if you want him to be. :D
    NON SW RELATED INTERESTS: Acting, good reality TV and scripted dramas (soaps included), other movies besides those produced by LF, habitual poet, The Beatles, God, and last but not the least - the constant pursuit of love and happiness...
    HOW DID I GET STARTED IN SW: When I was 3 (All SW movies opened around my birthday), I saw it for the first time at the now defunct Geneva Drive-In in Daly City w/ my bro and family. And got my first collectable a year later - a yellow inflatable lightsaber on my 4th birthday. (Let's just say I teared up big-time when I saw it again @ SS's house)

8. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    SFFF's 1st City Rep., padme_skywalkr's info., edited by JedHead1 (originally on San Jose FF boards):

Date Posted: 10/16/03 5:53pm Subject: RE: New San Francisco Fanforce Members, check in here! - Date Edited: 10/16/03 5:55pm (1 edits total) Edited By: padme_skywalkr

Name: Chanel O:) [face_love]
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, collecting, anything Ep3 related
    Non-SW Related Interests: anime, manga, web stuff, conventions
    How did you get started on SW: Got addicted when Hasbro started making awesome toys in the mid 90's.

-----signature-----
    Im afraid to speak or move for fear that all this wonderful beauty will just vanish like a broken silence....
    San Francisco's Fan Force, Golden Gate Garrison, RL's Endor Base

9. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Name: Anne, a/k/a Anne 2 and Leia Asylum, I'm the Other Anne in the SFFF!

SW Related Interests: besides watching the movies, original trading cards, 1970s Kenner & current Hasbro 3-3/4" action figures, 1970s Kenner 12" action figures, and rescuing otherwise unwanted 1978 Kenner Large Size Princess Leia Action Figures from eBay, flea markets, etc., hence the screen name! :)

Non-SW Related Interests: Er - is there life outside Star Wars fandom? :) I love studying Ancient Egypt, collecting fashion dolls, reading (esp. Harry Potter), doing puzzles, playing Neopets, seeing movies, etc. etc.!

How did you get started on SW: I saw Star Wars (A New Hope) when it first came out, at the age of 9. It blew my mind and it confirmed to me that there were many adventures to go out and find in my life! I was madly in love with Luke Skywalker and I wanted to *be* Princess Leia. I've never looked back!

10. SWFAN3

SWFAN3 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Name: Dan

SW Interests: Collecting cards msot toys, playsets, autographed photos, vehicles, 12" dolls, video footage, and most vintage items.

Non-SW Interests: What? There is more than Star Wars?

How you got started on SW: Oh, man. That seems such a long time ago in a...whoops.
    Basically, when I saw the movie at the Coronet. That is when it all started.

11. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Name: Robert
    SW Related Interests: The movies mainly. Some toys but I just end up putting most of them in the closet.
    Non-SW Related Interests: Tolkien/Lord of the Rings, Philosophy, Science Fiction and Fantasy reading, Anime
    How did you get started on SW?: 1977 Coronet Theater. Nuff Said.

12. Jazmachine

Jazmachine Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 24, 2003
    Name: Mike aka 'Jaz'
    SW Related Interests: Movies, Collecting, Costuming
    Non-SW Related Interests: Music (playing and listening), Baseball (SF Giants), Football (SF 49ers)
    How did you get started on SW: after I saw ROTJ and also when I met Darth Vader in person at Toys 'R Us.

13. The_Sith_Mistress

The_Sith_Mistress Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Name: Jennifer but most just call me Sith Jen cause there's a billion Jen's around usually
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, collecting galactic heroes, sith stuff, watching the movies
    Non-SW Related Interests: Politics, International relations, European Art, French cheese, drinking with friends, dancing, Fencing, archery, gaming
    How did you get started on SW: I am a new star wars fan as EP I was really the first star wars episode I have ever seen and then it snowballed from there. I didn't even want to go, my bro Jaz took me kicking and screaming to see it and after I fell absolutely in love with the movies.

14. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Name: Leah

SW Related Interests: The movies, ILM, Lucas...it's just an interesting bundle of things! I loved Skywalker Ranch and wish I could go there again!

Non-SW Related Interests: I love riding my dirt bikes on the weekend with my roommies. I am also currently obsessed with CounterStrike: Source.

How did you get started on SW: Actually, I got started with the Ewok movies...when those were checked out from our local Video Cinema, my parents would just rent Return of the Jedi for my sisters and I instead. It wasn't until I was in my early teens that I realized ROTJ wasn't an Ewok movie...so I decided to watch the rest of the Trilogy, and then fell in love!

I am so excited to start learning more about the SW story, and everything that goes with it! I am looking very forward to possibly attending C3 this year. If I go, it will be my first convention of any sort, and I think it would be a great way to start!!!

15. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    name: Anne M (since there seem to be quite a few Annes here)
    sw related interests: the movies. used to be into the toys (action figures and vehicles)...well I just haven't bought any in years,I still like them :), some of the comics are kinda cool. George Lucas and Carrie Fisher have been big influences on me from a young age.
    non-sw related interests: good movies in general, Sigur Ros, Sweden, Ingmar Bergman movies, X-Files
    how did you get started on sw: I don't really know...I've always been into SW. I saw ANH the first time it was on tv when I was 4 or 5. But the first one I saw in the theater was ROTJ. I think my dad and playmates were the ones originally responsible for getting me into SW. Basically I have no memory of life before SW <g>.

So, how do you become a part of this group? I've lived in Berkeley for a little over a year. I used to live in Modesto, CA, and there was nothing like this near there.

16. weez

weez Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2005
    Hi I'm new, I was at the Chinese back in '02 but I live up here.

Name: Brian

SW Related Interests: Getting together and watching the last of the prequels. Attempting to make light saber movies... Spoilers! Oh yeah, always wanted one of those black capes but I'm too broke to get one.

Non-SW Related Interests: Addicted to Battlefield, occasionaly play the guitar, my gf, road trips, camping, when school is over with, muse, weezer, concerts, photography, chess...

How did you get started on SW: As a kid, watching my moms vhs tapes of the OT a million times and playing with Luke in black and his black glove. (Think my dogs might have chewed 'em up)

17. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Name- StarSmuggler
    Age- 170
    Location- Echo Base

SW related interests- watching the OT over and over and over again, collecting anything OT, quoting the movies in my everyday life.

Non SW related interests- Indiana Jones movies, Tron, Tim Burton movies, listening to rock music, drawing, reading good books, watching good movies, and occasionally bad ones to laugh at.

How I became obsessed with SW- I saw ANH when I was a kid, I thought Luke Skywalker was the coolest movie character ever, I wanted a lightsaber. Still think Luke is the coolest and I still want a lightsaber.

18. Ben_Skywalker

Ben_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 20, 2001
    Name: Joe
    SW Related Interests: movies, games, some books
    Non-SW Related Interests: sports like basketball or soccer or football or volleyball. games like Wolfenstein and Sims 2. and i'm into all types of music
    How did you get started on SW: saw it long time ago but really got into it when i picked up a starwars book to keep me occupied during a month long power outage.

went to one meeting but found it hard to socialize when everyone there is at least 10-15 years older than i am and was already all well aquainted with each other. no offense [face_blush] :p

19. no1jedi_knight

no1jedi_knight Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2005
    NAME: josh
    SW RELATED INTERESTS:well were to start hmmm ok i have been have been to all the opening day showing of sw.and have worn out 3 copys of the movies i have also been playing the rpg for 17 years red numris books and currently playing swg and have been playing that since lonch.i also plat with my ls as much as posable
    NON-SW REALATED INTERESTS:i play hockey(i am a goaly)i like nascar, air soft,and nitro rc's.
    HOW DID YOU GET STARTED ON SW:well i have been in to sw soo long that i dont know the one thing that got me in to star wars so i will tell you why i love sw now. it is the phoslufy(spl) of the force.

20. Adyn

Adyn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002
    'Nuther Newbie checkin in :D

Name:Heather (though Adyn works ;) )
    SW Related Interests: Costuming, Books, action figures
    Non-SW Related Interests: LOTR, HP (yes, I know... cliche hahah) Great Danes,& I play mandolin
    How did you get started on SW: SW was the first "grown up" movie I ever saw... I was hooked as a 5 year old watching ANH at a drive in! My first boyfriend was in kindergarten and I said he could be my boyfriend cause he had the BIGGEST action figure collection. Man, that was cool! Hahaha. Fast forward to the prequels, and I got HOOKED again. I am a prequel nut, I guess you could say. Just started getting into costuming, have one Jedi, (also a Frodo :) ) and am starting my battle padme.

21. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I guess I'd better check in, "officially." ;)

Name: Carolyn

Age: 35...or is it 36? Can't remember, can't be bothered to count...

SW Related Interests: Yes! ;) Costuming, the old radio series, blah blah blah...

Non-SW Related Interests: LOTR (Frodo costume, what can I say? I'm silly!), teaching women's self-defense, politics (but won't discuss them in SW boards!), hiking...etc.

How did you get started on SW: 8 years old, Coronet, San Francisco, 1977. :) Came up with SW characters long before I knew about RPG, wrote stories (bad ones!) as a preteen with made-up characters, tried to "novelize" the radio series as it came on NPR...yeah. So, SW geek from way back. Was out of the scene for a long time and just getting my toes wet again!

Hi! Happy to be here!

22. Leias_Lipgloss

Leias_Lipgloss Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    Name: Scarlett

SW Related Interests: OT esp the O-OT, PT, fan films, toys, Han Solo ;)

Non-SW Related Interests: That other fantasy trilogy, watching my same beloved movies over and over again, learning to cook, speaking Italian, rollerskating & iceskating, local history, urban hiking, archives & libraries (I'm a librarian), 80's music & pop culture

How did you get started on SW: My parents took my sister and I to see Star Wars at the Laurel Theater in San Carlos when I was 7. I was blown away. Little did I know that I would be even more blown away 3 years later. I still remember the shock I felt after seeing The Empire Strikes Back as one of the defining moments of my childhood. My sister and I spent the majority of our time as kids playing Star Wars, not Barbie, and I am grateful for that.

23. ID-2132

ID-2132 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    Name: Johny (Occasionally John, or hey you.)

AKA: Dr Bombai, Johny B, Dakron Slaxx, Daqagh

SW Related Interests: Costuming (mostly Imperial and Sith.) My fav characters were always R-2, Sidious, Tarkin, Lando, and Han-Solo. Hey, when I was a kid...he killed Greedo, and was a smuggler. Lando was a smuggler and rogue too...so I was keen on them both.

Non-SW Related Interests: Costuming...Did I mention Costuming? Oh, and costuming is fun.

{So we know what other activites you might like)

Well, the animated Star Trek was on when I was 2 years old, so that was my first intro to Sci-Fi stuff

Anime, limited fantasy stuff (mostly Tolkeen and elf stuff,) Sci-fi (Star Wars, Star Trek, StarGate, Battlestar Galactica [even the new one,] D&D, gaming, card games, MY PS-2, Ultra-man, Godzilla, Robotech and Yamato spoiled me.

The Shaw Brothers were also on quite a bit when I was a kid...so I got into Chinese movies when I was young too.

Other stuff too...but too much to talk about now.

24. film_fatale

film_fatale Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2002
    Guess who's baaaa-cccck? If you're interested as to why I'm here, hop onto myspace ( http://www.myspace.com/film_fatale ) and read my blog there. Some exciting things are brewing in the stew.

But, for those of you who don't know me:

My name is Dessiree.
    I live in San Francisco.
    I've just "re-found" Star Wars from what seemed like forever.
    I am a student and work part time.
    It all started with a month old baby cooing with the Ewoks.

25. oldwookie

oldwookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 2, 2005
    Name: Dale (the male version)

SW Related Interests: hmmmmm uhh everything, the most special is sharing the tradition with my nine year old son.

Non-SW Related Interests: Music, family life, being a kid with my kids

How did you get started on SW: I was a big ( please no flaming I don't pick sides) Star Trek fan when I was growing up and my friend and I thought the first previews must be related to Star Trek since there were rumors about the movie being made.

I was mad that my brother went to see Star Wars without me opening day, he was 16 at the time I was 10. So the first Saturday came and I waited in line by the Chevron station ( If you don't know the theater then your in the wrong room lol just kidding.)
    So the rest is history and a fading history since I heard that the Coronet is now closed and I am sad that I will not be able to share the experience there one last time with my son. Sniff (tear drops)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.